Speculation: All Bruins trade proposals/rumors: forget the thread numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
As part of a discussion on the Boston Bruins:

“Certainly, Peter Chiarelli will get a forward before Monday’s deadline. For sure. And whether that’s Vermette or Chris Stewart – that would be hilarious, because they’ve literally been talking to Buffalo about Chris Stewart for six months (laughs) and haven’t been able to pull the trigger.

“But Erik Cole, Cam Atkinson, a whole list of guys the Bruins have been trying on.â€

I found Chiarellis "trade deadline notebook":

1. Can't be fast, have to remain a big and slow team.
2. Can't give up anything of value, must hold onto prospects until its too late.
3. Chris Kelly must remain a Bruins at all costs (literally)
4. Must be old and a UFA. Speed is overrated.
5. Can't trade Lucic, hes too good and not at all inconsistent. Will definitely not ask for an egregious unconscionable amount his next contract.
6. Chara/Seidenberg is still the best playoff shutdown pairing in the Playoffs, dont need another D man.

Sorry, I'm just venting.

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
You don't mention that AZ, on the whole defensively, is terrible, where as Boston on the whole defensively is not. Yandle wouldn't be better here, in this system? Really?

Well for one, you would have to overpay for a guy who is a UFA in a year and then you want to pay him 6+mil? Yeah he would play better here, but its really worth it? How much better defensively?
I feel like our D problems are bigger. We need to get guys on term with reasonable deals. Chara and Seidenberg aren't getting any better.
I'd rather use the assets and money for a guy to fill the Boychuk role.
Id rather have Krug who puts up lesser numbers yes, but is cheaper and younger.

BergyWho37

Only The Strong Will Survive (Never Give Up)
Jun 18, 2012
True North

2. Can't give up anything of value, must hold onto prospects until its too late.
5. Can't trade Lucic, hes too good and not at all inconsistent. Will definitely not ask for an egregious unconscionable amount his next contract.
6. Chara/Seidenberg is still the best playoff shutdown pairing in the Playoffs, dont need another D man.

Sorry, I'm just venting.

Patrick Elias :sarcasm:

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I won't be surprised if they push at draft for him..

Unlike Connor McDavid, Jack has some leverage as if he doesn't like where he is picked he might very well elect to stay at BU. He would want to be in a city where his parents could get to often. Buffalo would be fine, Edmonton not exactly.

ap3lovr

Dec 31, 2005
New Brunswick

Sorry, I'm just venting.

You forgot that the player must also have been a former Ottawa Senator.

Central Scrutinizer

Lord of Song
Jan 6, 2010
montreal
Unlike Connor McDavid, Jack has some leverage as if he doesn't like where he is picked he might very well elect to stay at BU. He would want to be in a city where his parents could get to often. Buffalo would be fine, Edmonton not exactly.
i am pretty sure signing a max entry level contract would afford him to do so. besides if he make the team he become a UFA 1 year earlier. even more $

BergyWho37

Only The Strong Will Survive (Never Give Up)
Jun 18, 2012
True North

Looch, Krech and parts for Hall and 1st if it's #2 .. Spitballing ;) summer

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Even before that I bet the way seids and chara have looked, if we dont restock are d core we are going to be in big trouble

I'm just saying they have a beautiful opportunity to draft 3 bleeping defenseman in 4 months to restock their major weakness but because a GM who just got a contract extension through 2018 is been put on alert we are potentially trading some of these for 19 days of Vermette or Stuart:cry:

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
The Yeti still not traded?

And we better not trade our 1st for Vermette or any of the rentals out there.

Could Loui get Yandle?

That would be a move I could get behind. May have to add a bit more, but then Chiarelli would have to strike on a guy like Stewart or Kassian to fill that 3rd line RW slot right away.

xStanleyCupsFor

Sep 12, 2014
There is NO way Chia can trade our #1 pick as can you imagine this board if we don't make the playoffs and the team with our pick won the lottery????

800px-simpsons_angry_mob.png

I'm sure there would be a few that wouldn't be too bothered by it.

Last edited:

NeelySpinninBackhand

Feb 10, 2015
The Moon
I just came to realize this thread has been 38 pages of neurosis over the trade deadline.

I was certain the rumor mills spinning Eberle were on to something, just by default. There isn't much else that made sense.

Whatever it is in the works, be it nothing or something, must Chia wait until the last second to announce it?

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
I'm just saying they have a beautiful opportunity to draft 3 bleeping defenseman in 4 months to restock their major weakness but because a GM who just got a contract extension through 2018 is been put on alert we are potentially trading some of these for 19 days of Vermette or Stuart:cry:

It's this part that makes me feel a bit more hopeful that, while we won't sell, we won't get crazy either.

If I were Chia I'd be thinking: "OK, I might get fired but if they are that touchy after the results we've had, I'm screwed anyway. I get paid for next three years no matter what. Someone else will hire me -- but not if I make dog-crap panic moves in a perceived drowning man grasp to save my job. I'm gonna do what I think is right for the team and me for the LONG TERM, and roll the dice on getting fired."

Not saying that's what he'll do, but it's definitely what I'd be thinking. Right or wrong, I'd subtly show Charlie Jacobs that he can stick his tough guy threats via the media up his privileged son ass.

FONZIE

AYYYYYY!!!!
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Moved to Wisconsin
I think we need to keep Seidenberg one more year. We already have a hole in our second pairing so replacing him still leaves a hole.

If I was GM, I would do something around Sodaberg & Subban for Yakupov. He's cheaper than Eberle so that helps.

I would then give 2, 2nd round picks for Yandle (try to hold on to Philly's 2nd if we can). I was at the Chicago game on Sunday and I loved how Bartkowski just humped the puck up the ice instead of making 5 tiny pass to get up the ice. Two years ago, we could make 2 short passes and have good speed coming out of our end. Now, we are slow and need 4 short passes and the other team's blue line is already clogged by the time we get there. We need a fast break again.

As a secondary move, I would do one of two trades with the first being my preference:

1) Trade Reilly Smith + (maybe Bartkowski) for Gormley and put him in the minors for this year. That gives us Morrow and Gormley in our system to bring up in the next two years. If Seidenberg doesn't pan out next year then trade him early and bring up one of these two guys.

2) Trade Reilly Smith for Kassian. Smith has played down to Kassian's value this year and, all things considered, I'd roll my dice with Kassian instead of Smith on this team.

Trade Paille for picks and we have:

Lucic - Krejci - Yakupov
Marchy - Bergy - Pasta
Kelly - Spooner - Louie (Kelly and Louie can help with the defensive side)
Campbell - Khoko - Kassian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad