Speculation: All Bruins trade proposals/rumors: forget the thread numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

BsEuphoria

The Future
Sep 21, 2013
I am interested in Stewart, but NOT at some of the prices I have seen suggested out there.

I saw an article mentioning Stewart for Koko and Morrow and just about threw up in my mouth...

This would be worthy of a firing.

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
Vermette scouting report

Assets: Has excellent two-way instincts, great wheels and tenacity. Is dedicated to playing at both ends of the ice and displays loads of perseverance. Effective on face-offs, he can play any role on a team.

Flaws: Isn't capable of making an offensive impact at the National Hockey League level over the long haul. Is woefully inconsistent in the attacking zone. Misses a lot of quality scoring chances.

Some of this sounds like Loui. For more money.

Anyway, given Jagr commanded a second and a third, I could see Vermette bringing back a late 1st. Personally I'd pass....OR there better be a much more aggressive off-season plan in store to compensate for the lost pick.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Here’s a scenario.

Let say that the Bruins are eyeing a trade centered around Lucic and Hall in the offseason, they would need someone to replace Lucic heaviness, and skills. So to “replace†him, at the trade deadline they try to get Stewart and/or Kassian. They use the rest of the season to gauge Stewart potential with the team in order to decide if he’s worth an offer in the offseason.

They have their long coveted 1st line winger while maintaining heaviness upfront. Great! Now, they need a top D-man. If they can get it at the deadline fine (without giving up the 1st), but that can wait at the draft. But to do so, they have to shed salaries, right now. The first target would be Seidenberg, then Kelly (obviously, NTCs could be problematic here). I guess these guys would have some value for some teams gunning for the playoffs.

Finally, they have to know what Soderberg want, more precisely, how much he wants, and for how long. If too much, they should trade him for whatever they can, or package him.

See, it’s easy no? :sarcasm:

The issue isn't no movement clauses, it's Facebook. Social media will kill all of these deals.

Good try though. Good effort.

Arthur*

A Loui-Vermette-Paille line is basically Clode's dream and HF's nightmare.

They would never allow a goal and never score one, logging 17 minutes of ice time.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
No thanks to Vermette if the price is a 1st rounder. Count me in for Stewart and Kassian, big guys who can hit and score, if the price is reasonable.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
@NHLBruins: Julien said another goaltender could be joining team for tonight's game, depending on how Rask feels (likely won't even dress if still sick)

Oh boy, we need these 4 points, suddenly we are fighting against 3 teams and rask is still sick :shakehead

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
Whats with the fascination of acquiring a defender with the worst plus minus in the league
We already have enough mobile defensemen who can't play defense. It doesnt help that our defensive defensemen right now can't play defense either
What we need is an all around #4 Dman

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
Praying Chicago grabs Vermette. Just ride it out with Spooner, give the kid a chance and load up around him.

BergyWho37

Only The Strong Will Survive (Never Give Up)
Jun 18, 2012
True North
I'm not sure why guys are freaking out over our 1st, Chairelli has said Subban, Chara and 1st are not being moved. Teams trading there first are higher in standing for the most part unless there getting a player for the future.

If Vermette cost a 1st, they will most likely get from Hawks not us ..

If Yandle is involved then our 1st mite come into effect ..

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
There is NO way Chia can trade our #1 pick as can you imagine this board if we don't make the playoffs and the team with our pick won the lottery????

800px-simpsons_angry_mob.png

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I'm not sure why guys are freaking out over our 1st, Chairelli has said Subban, Chara and 1st are not being moved. Teams trading there first are higher in standing for the most part unless there getting a player for the future.

If Vermette cost a 1st, they will most likely get from Hawks not us ..

If Yandle is involved then our 1st mite come into effect ..

But things change,
before those comments he was ready to deal them, then he changed his mind and it seems like he has changed his mind again.
(krecji ltir)

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
There is NO way Chia can trade our #1 pick as can you imagine this board if we don't make the playoffs and the team with our pick won the lottery????

800px-simpsons_angry_mob.png

i'd **** my pants with glee if we landed a top 2 pick. GLEE!

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
Anyone think we make a deal prior to the game tonight? If it's for a roster player, you'd have to think they'd wait till after due to points being at a premium right now and we need all hands on deck!

BigBadBruin8

@rsox1221
Jul 31, 2005
Shrewsbury, MA
Whats with the fascination of acquiring a defender with the worst plus minus in the league
We already have enough mobile defensemen who can't play defense. It doesnt help that our defensive defensemen right now can't play defense either
What we need is an all around #4 Dman

What's the fascination with citing +/- like it's the be all and end all of statistics. It's one of the worst statistics to cite when talking about a player.

You don't mention that AZ, on the whole defensively, is terrible, where as Boston on the whole defensively is not. Yandle wouldn't be better here, in this system? Really?

He's better than Krug. If he replaces Krug that is an immediate upgrade.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
We get Vermette in 3 years we will feel the fallout

Ugh

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
As part of a discussion on the Boston Bruins:

“Certainly, Peter Chiarelli will get a forward before Monday’s deadline. For sure. And whether that’s Vermette or Chris Stewart – that would be hilarious, because they’ve literally been talking to Buffalo about Chris Stewart for six months (laughs) and haven’t been able to pull the trigger.

“But Erik Cole, Cam Atkinson, a whole list of guys the Bruins have been trying on.â€

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
What's the fascination with citing +/- like it's the be all and end all of statistics. It's one of the worst statistics to cite when talking about a player.

You don't mention that AZ, on the whole defensively, is terrible, where as Boston on the whole defensively is not. Yandle wouldn't be better here, in this system? Really?

He's better than Krug. If he replaces Krug that is an immediate upgrade.

He's one of the best offensive D players in the league and is entering his prime, + he wants to play for the bruins. If that trade happens I'm thinking it as a next years move, add another D in the offseason who is Defensive D and our D group is strong again.

I'd love to have him but we need shutdown D more and that's offseason business.

BergyWho37

Only The Strong Will Survive (Never Give Up)
Jun 18, 2012
True North
But things change,
before those comments he was ready to deal them, then he changed his mind and it seems like he has changed his mind again.

He said this after Subban was called up, not that long ago ;)

Some need to give PC credit ... Yes I'm frustrated and wanted a trade around the summer but I don't want a panic move.

He can't please everyone and lots of other GM's haven't wow'd me soo I'm try to be patient until the move..

I'd even give PC this summer to fix it but many won't agree with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad