Status
Not open for further replies.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario

Bruins continue to pursue Stewart
TheFourthPeriod.com

The Boston Bruins remain interested in Buffalo Sabres right wing Chris Stewart, but their proximity to the salary cap has kept them from making a move.
The Sabres are believed to be asking for a draft pick and a prospect for Stewart, who is in the final year of his contract.

Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli has been exploring multiple options, and with the trade deadline quickly approaching, he's inching closer to making decisions.
In order to accommodate Stewart's salary, the Bruins will likely be required to send a roster player back to Buffalo or complete a separate trade that will help them shed salary.

Stewart, 27, has also attracted the interest of several other clubs, including the Washington Capitals and Anaheim Ducks.

The Bruins have been shopping winger Loui Eriksson, who has one-year remaining on his contract.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
"The pressure is mounting on Boston Bruins general manager Peter Chiarelli to make his move, and there’s no question he will before Monday’s deadline.

I think there’s interest in the likes of Erik Cole, Curtis Glencross and, as we’ve been saying all season, Chris Stewart.

Sources told ESPN.com that Chiarelli tried on Devante Smith-Pelly this week before the young hulking winger went to rival Montreal instead.

But Chiarelli has shown in past trades deadlines that he’s very capable of making moves under pressure. He’ll get his winger before it’s all said and done."

- Pierre LeBrun

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/tag/_/name/lebruns-rumblings-02-26-2015

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I'm convinced if Chiarelli was given a vote of confidence (btw- Chiarelli just signed an extension recently that goes to 2017-18 and kicked in this year:amazed:) he would not be buying and scoff at the idea of giving a stud young defensman we will likely draft for 15 games of Vermette.

Arizona WANTS to do alot but they havent done NOTHING yet

Arizona GM Don Maloney is around the Garden so much he's called by the workers by his first name

I will be pissed if I see Koko, Krug, our first, and a second headed to them

it looks bad to me- Arizona still has their guys and our GM has the mindset win or else

96 hours till its all over:handclap:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
"The pressure is mounting on Boston Bruins general manager Peter Chiarelli to make his move, and there’s no question he will before Monday’s deadline.

I think there’s interest in the likes of Erik Cole, Curtis Glencross and, as we’ve been saying all season, Chris Stewart.

Sources told ESPN.com that Chiarelli tried on Devante Smith-Pelly this week before the young hulking winger went to rival Montreal instead.

But Chiarelli has shown in past trades deadlines that he’s very capable of making moves under pressure. He’ll get his winger before it’s all said and done."

- Pierre LeBrun

yah, but will he be any good

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
I wonder if Chiarelli spent more time today looking for ways to improve the team or getting word to anyone who would listen that he was in on all of the guys who've been traded so far.

"Hey guys...I tried for that guy too! Look at me! I tried too!"

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site

- Pierre LeBrun

Ummm...he has? When?

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
I see a deadline with alot of meaningless deals......trades between the non contenders among themselves.

More players going to Pittsburgh and Chicago.

Bruins getting more great stuff like Corey Potter.
Asking prices too high, won't sell future. Dont really think drafts picks will help us anyways, since Paille-Campbell-Paille will all get 5 year no trade contracts. (and raises)

Bruins need to be like the Patriots and not be afraid to turn players over, and stop giving over paying support players....identify the core (its not Kelly), keep them, and everyone else can be replaced.

Era of Sanity

Certified Poster
Nov 12, 2010
Ummm...he has? When?

In fairness, he has been pretty active at the trade deadline before:

2009: Rechhi, Montador
2010: Seidenberg, Bartkowski
2011: Peverly, Kaberle
2013: Jagr

I am not a fan of the list of players is pursuing now. I don't like the obsession over Chris Stewart. It will probably be Cole.

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA

Bruins continue to pursue Stewart
TheFourthPeriod.com

The Boston Bruins remain interested in Buffalo Sabres right wing Chris Stewart, but their proximity to the salary cap has kept them from making a move.
The Sabres are believed to be asking for a draft pick and a prospect for Stewart, who is in the final year of his contract.

Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli has been exploring multiple options, and with the trade deadline quickly approaching, he's inching closer to making decisions.
In order to accommodate Stewart's salary, the Bruins will likely be required to send a roster player back to Buffalo or complete a separate trade that will help them shed salary.

Stewart, 27, has also attracted the interest of several other clubs, including the Washington Capitals and Anaheim Ducks.

The Bruins have been shopping winger Loui Eriksson, who has one-year remaining on his contract.

This makes very little sense to me. If you need to add a winger, but you then subtract a winger, then are you not still a winger short? And Eriksson has been one of their best forwards of late.

It doesn't matter what he does. This season has been toast for a while.

CombatOnContact

Feb 28, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site

Strange Universe

Apr 8, 2009
Qoute by Neelyspinninbackhand...

When they struck gold in 2011, I think the tendency was to believe they were on to something. Couple that with having to spend on proven cup winners, and voila.

As much as the 2013 finals was incredible, it was nearly a first round exit.

I think Boston was lucky to see the success, and this year is somewhat supporting that.

I'd say the sun was setting on the team, but I want to delude myself for a year or two longer.

In a strange way I still want to believe that there exists players out there that can be traded for without selling the future and become a team that can play some serious hockey again.

We all know that the D needs improvement which I think can achieved but the big question is if Chia can unload Seids.

As for the forwards, I still believe we are lacking some help for Lucic up front in regards to hitting the opposition.
Lucic cannot be the only one up front with this responsibility and if we can pry Stewart for relatively low this can maybe kill two birds with one stone.
Stewart can be physical and he does have good hands as well around the net.
Stewart is much better than we all think and I would take a risk and go for him and if we can add one more forward that can play with toughness I think our core up front would be balanced enough to play the way we have seen this team play in the past.
Kassian would be the player i would target to fill this other void I think we have up front and again these trades for the players up front need to be done without paying through the nose and risking the future of this team.

Do I have faith in this organization to pull it off, in all honesty, i was much more optimistic a week ago than I am today not because of the losing streak but the rumbles of the FO not be on the same wave length.
I had this feeling since December/January and did surface my thoughts about it but it was pure speculation on my part at the time.

By nature U am a very optimistic person and I will try to continue with this thought process until I am proven wrong by the acquisitions that are made or not made from here to Monday at 15h00.

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
This makes very little sense to me. If you need to add a winger, but you then subtract a winger, then are you not still a winger short? And Eriksson has been one of their best forwards of late.

It doesn't matter what he does. This season has been toast for a while.

They would swap Eriksson for another forward. They don't like how he fits on the top two lines, thus he makes too much to be a third line forward.

World of Wardlow

Unscripted Violence
Jul 13, 2006
Montreal
I still think Kassian won't be a good fit if the price isn't too high. I don't mind cole if it doesn't mean giving up a good roster player or Koko/Spooner.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Eric Cole hahaha..While habs add a young guy like Davante at 22 yrs old 220 lbs All you can do is laugh.

we can laugh all we want, truth is, at this point, Cole would be the leading goal scorer on this team

Smith, as I looked up his stats at the time of the deal as I couldn`t really figure out the move has played 129 games with 14 goals and 26 assists, for a team who`s struggling to score goals (which the Habs are) not sure why this move was made if only for the reason that Smith plays heavier than Sekac

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
we can laugh all we want, truth is, at this point, Cole would be the leading goal scorer on this team

Smith, as I looked up his stats at the time of the deal as I couldn`t really figure out the move has played 129 games with 14 goals and 26 assists, for a team who`s struggling to score goals (which the Habs are) not sure why this move was made if only for the reason that Smith plays heavier than Sekac

It's hard for me to classify the Habs as having "goal scoring problems" when they're certainly scoring enough to be one of the top teams in the league.

I've heard this term thrown around a ton lately, and I think it undermines significantly what a great system Therrien has managed to pull out of his roster.

While DSP doesn't help them in goals, it certainly adds another aspect to their game (heaviness) that they were light on. Just looking at goal totals as a criticism of the deal seems a little short-sighted to me. And, I'm not trying to target you with that opinion, just the entire idea in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad