Speculation: All Bruins trade proposals/rumors: forget the thread numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
I bet Chia told Tuukka the only defensemen they were getting was Yandle so he locked himself in the hotel and is refusing to come out until they get a defensemen who can play defense

NeelySpinninBackhand

Feb 10, 2015
The Moon
I think we need to keep Seidenberg one more year. We already have a hole in our second pairing so replacing him still leaves a hole.

If I was GM, I would do something around Sodaberg & Subban for Yakupov. He's cheaper than Eberle so that helps.

I would then give 2, 2nd round picks for Yandle (try to hold on to Philly's 2nd if we can). I was at the Chicago game on Sunday and I loved how Bartkowski just humped the puck up the ice instead of making 5 tiny pass to get up the ice. Two years ago, we could make 2 short passes and have good speed coming out of our end. Now, we are slow and need 4 short passes and the other team's blue line is already clogged by the time we get there. We need a fast break again.

As a secondary move, I would do one of two trades with the first being my preference:

1) Trade Reilly Smith + (maybe Bartkowski) for Gormley and put him in the minors for this year. That gives us Morrow and Gormley in our system to bring up in the next two years. If Seidenberg doesn't pan out next year then trade him early and bring up one of these two guys.

2) Trade Reilly Smith for Kassian. Smith has played down to Kassian's value this year and, all things considered, I'd roll my dice with Kassian instead of Smith on this team.

Trade Paille for picks and we have:

Lucic - Krejci - Yakupov
Marchy - Bergy - Pasta
Kelly - Spooner - Louie (Kelly and Louie can help with the defensive side)
Campbell - Khoko - Kassian

Edmonton wouldn't want Soderberg or Subban for a bag of pucks at the current form both are in.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Unlike Connor McDavid, Jack has some leverage as if he doesn't like where he is picked he might very well elect to stay at BU. He would want to be in a city where his parents could get to often. Buffalo would be fine, Edmonton not exactly.

Yup. He goes back to BU and he has all the leverage because he can re-enter the draft in a couple years (or maybe do what Wheeler did to Phoenix.) Edmonton has to trade him somewhere he wants to go or risk losing him for nothing.

And honestly Edmonton should be banned from drafting top 5 and ruining all these careers. Its way better for the Oilers to get a big fat chunky package of multiple pieces for Jack than to ruin Jack like others.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
I just came to realize this thread has been 38 pages of neurosis over the trade deadline.

I was certain the rumor mills spinning Eberle were on to something, just by default. There isn't much else that made sense.

Whatever it is in the works, be it nothing or something, must Chia wait until the last second to announce it?

1) Do you think he makes the trades for you, so that you don't have to wait a while

or

2) Do you think he makes the trades when he can, and when it's in the best interest of the Boston Bruins?

Because all Seguin trade joke aside, I think some people need to get a bit of a grip on why trades have or haven't happened. And Dom went and took the time to explain this not many pages ago. I don't feel like we have to do it, yet again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad