Wagner-Kuraly-Deslauriers
Nordstrom

Chara-McAvoy
Krug-Carlo
Gryzz-Moore
Clifton

Rask
Halak

No one beats this team in a 7 game playoff series.
Skill, speed, toughness, size
That's a MASSIVE overpay for Kreider and IDK why you think Anaheim would take Ritchie for Deslauriers.

Lo97

May 10, 2019
Trade one, we are giving up too much if we do not re sign Kreider.
I would remove Lauko if he does not re sign with us.
Trade two - lateral move.
Trade 3- we throw around first round picks like they mean nothing. The only way I even consider this is if JA is 100% healthy. Giving up DB is the only way I make this trade as this gives us salary relief.
My thought and I have mentioned this before, is to add more from our side and get Hertl from the Sharks. He is a huge upgrade over Kreider or JA and is signed for two more years at a decent cap hit.
The only player I say is "off limits" as far as prospects go for Hertl, is Stud. They can have a combination of two of Beecher/Vaak/Lauko/Anderson take Heinen and a pick ( 2nd or 3rd).
That would get the conversation rolling with Mr Wilson.
I still fail to see why San Jose would be trading Hertl. There's not even a whisper he's available.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
In the other thread I proposed this deal: Cehlarik + Backes + 2nd + conditional 3rd (if Bruins make the ECF) for Simmonds

Simmonds can platoon with Kuhlman/Senyshyn at #3RW depending on the match up. May even play on the 4th line.

It all depends if NJ is one of the teams on Backes' list of course.

ehhhh Backes = Simmonds.

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
From what I've seen of Beecher in this year's WJC, he's more likely to be another Jimmy Hayes. Couple days ago I compared him to Kuraly and now that seems generous. He's been absolutely useless so far today.
We all need to relax when evaluating kids that are 18/19 years old.
Beecher is playing against kids his age that are the best in that country, the cream de la cream.
I remember when Stud played for Canada last year. He looked good, not great. He is now playing very well for a first year player in the AHL and his upside would be a second line The player that stood out for Canada that year was Max Comtois and he is struggling with the Ducks now, 8 points in 24 games and I think is playing in the AHL now?
My point being that most young players have ups and downs. It is impossible to get a proper read on any prospects with only a handful of games watched. The exception to this, is of course players like McDavid, Crosby, Gretzky, #66, etc. You notice them on every shift.
If Beecher makes the Bruins in three years that would be great.

elMatador

Feb 20, 2008
I still fail to see why San Jose would be trading Hertl. There's not even a whisper he's available.

Because they are not making the playoffs. Their goaltending sucks, Vlasic is terrible, Burns and Karlsson having not a good season, other 3 D are UFA. Labanc needs a new contract unless they want to trade him. Long term their core is Couture, Kane, Meier, Labanc. They need the depth above all. To replace Thornton and Marleau they will need picks. They traded their 2020 1st rounder to Ottawa. Reality is they are the prey to be taken by the vultures. Bruins have the assets, the need and the trading history to take the best chunk of their current situation, not the carcass. Makes just too much sense for both sides to move Hertl.
I think a package around 2nd*+ Heinen + Senyshyn + Zboril, *conditional 1st if Bruins go to finals.

Reactions: Strafer

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
for along time i thought krejci has to be dealt... and I waited... and waited... and waited

and somehow the cap always was figured out with krejci as a part

so now we are nearing the end of his 7 mill cap hit. in theory, he might want to sign a 'retirement' deal to hang around here as a 'third liner' growing gracefully older... at a more affordable cap hit

he could continue to hold down the fort as the second liner until its wrestled out of his hands by merit

so... your idea... it can make sense. coyle vacates center ice and plays as studnickas winger. theres always a logic behind putting an experienced center onto the wing of a young kid. it can help a lot with faceoffs/defensive assignments

eventually as krejci ages he too could move to wing... hes more than skilled enough to succeed there. when beecher comes down the pipeline maybe both krejci and coyle will be at wing?

I think coyle has added benefit because he is flexible... and plays an all round 5 tool game. he fits in to all sort of holes.

I am hoping both krejci and krug come back for new contracts... but its hard to imagine how we can make the cap work and fit everyone under the payroll
We should be in good shape next year for the CAP. I figure we have 48-49 million tied up with the forwards, allowing JDB at 2.8 a year and Bjork at 1.375.
We can afford to pay Krug 6M which is a hometown discount, but doable and assume ZC retires and give Gryz 2.4M. That leaves around 6 million to sign a backup goalie and make other moves.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
We should be in good shape next year for the CAP. I figure we have 48-49 million tied up with the forwards, allowing JDB at 2.8 a year and Bjork at 1.375.
We can afford to pay Krug 6M which is a hometown discount, but doable and assume ZC retires and give Gryz 2.4M. That leaves around 6 million to sign a backup goalie and make other moves.

And Beleskey retained and Seids buyout come off the books which is about $3mil

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
Because they are not making the playoffs. Their goaltending sucks, Vlasic is terrible, Burns and Karlsson having not a good season, other 3 D are UFA. Labanc needs a new contract unless they want to trade him. Long term their core is Couture, Kane, Meier, Labanc. They need the depth above all. To replace Thornton and Marleau they will need picks. They traded their 2020 1st rounder to Ottawa. Reality is they are the prey to be taken by the vultures. Bruins have the assets, the need and the trading history to take the best chunk of their current situation, not the carcass. Makes just too much sense for both sides to move Hertl.
I think a package around 2nd*+ Heinen + Senyshyn + Zboril, *conditional 1st if Bruins go to finals.

Actually it doesn’t really make any sense from the Sharks standpoint. Hertl is one of their best young players on an affordable cap hit (affordable given his production). He is arguably the best contract they have right now.

The Sharks are expected to have $18.5 in cap space entering this offseason despite some outlandish spending per cap friendly. They really don’t have anyone of significance to sign outside of maybe Melker Karlsson, Dillon, and Leblanc. None of which with command cap killer kind of money.

The best thing the Sharks can do right now is honestly hope their stars can get it going. Trading Hertl for some prospects and picks really isn’t going to do anything for them at this stage. They need their stars to be their stars.

Reactions: Lo97 and CDJ

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Starting to warm up to the idea of adding 2 from LA to solidify our middle 6.

Carter would be tough because of his age, his love of L.A., and the few more years on his contract. For me I'd give them Backes+ so they get out from under a 5 million + contract 1 year earlier. Currently on a 25ish goal pace this season centering LA's 3rd line. His linemates have been some combo of Lizotte/Amadio/Toffoli. Have to imagine he'd get a better line here. This would be a last resort solution for the spot if everything else fell through. I'd rather overpay Carter to play and put up 30-40 pts a season than pay Backes 6 to watch from the press box. Backes would also have to waive to LA, can't imagine why he wouldn't. Carter did score 30+ goals as recently as 2017.

He was rumored to be on the move in a 1 for 1 trade for Alex Gologoski before Arizona picked up Kessel. So that should give an idea as to what LA values him.

Toffoli is another name thrown around a lot. I feel he would fill the Ryder role. Just a shooter which is what we need. Not crazy about him but he is definitely an upgrade.

I think a trade could be put together for Toffoli+Carter that could solidify the middle 6 without costing too much of the future. Salary wise Backes, Heinen, and Moore would probably have to go the other way to even it out. Moore would actually be an improvement to their defense. On top of that you would think we would have to add at least two draft picks and one of our better prospects?

LA like previously mentioned frees up cap 1 year earlier with the Carter for Backes swap. Toffoli is a UFA at the end of this contract who may or may not re-sign.

Carter for Backes + 2nd + Cehlarik or Kuhlman(may need to upgrade this portion depending on how LA rates their potential). Toffoli (With extension in place) for Heinen(RFA at the end of the contract)+Moore+3rd?

Bruins save about 1.6m in salary over the short term.

Marchand-Bergeron-Toffoli/Pastrnak
Debrusk-Krejci-Pastrnak/Toffoli
Bjork-Coyle-Carter

I think there are definitely better options out there, but a package like this doesn't mortgage the future. It feels like a slight overpay, but an overpay of pieces we can afford to lose to have proven NHL'ers filling 2 scoring roles while we try to make the best of our cores closing window.

Reactions: LouJersey

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
Starting to warm up to the idea of adding 2 from LA to solidify our middle 6.

Carter would be tough because of his age, his love of L.A., and the few more years on his contract. For me I'd give them Backes+ so they get out from under a 5 million + contract 1 year earlier. Currently on a 25ish goal pace this season centering LA's 3rd line. His linemates have been some combo of Lizotte/Amadio/Toffoli. Have to imagine he'd get a better line here. This would be a last resort solution for the spot if everything else fell through. I'd rather overpay Carter to play and put up 30-40 pts a season than pay Backes 6 to watch from the press box. Backes would also have to waive to LA, can't imagine why he wouldn't. Carter did score 30+ goals as recently as 2017.

He was rumored to be on the move in a 1 for 1 trade for Alex Gologoski before Arizona picked up Kessel. So that should give an idea as to what LA values him.

Toffoli is another name thrown around a lot. I feel he would fill the Ryder role. Just a shooter which is what we need. Not crazy about him but he is definitely an upgrade.

I think a trade could be put together for Toffoli+Carter that could solidify the middle 6 without costing too much of the future. Salary wise Backes, Heinen, and Moore would probably have to go the other way to even it out. Moore would actually be an improvement to their defense. On top of that you would think we would have to add at least two draft picks and one of our better prospects?

LA like previously mentioned frees up cap 1 year earlier with the Carter for Backes swap. Toffoli is a UFA at the end of this contract who may or may not re-sign.

Carter for Backes + 2nd + Cehlarik or Kuhlman(may need to upgrade this portion depending on how LA rates their potential). Toffoli (With extension in place) for Heinen(RFA at the end of the contract)+Moore+3rd?

Bruins save about 1.6m in salary over the short term.

Marchand-Bergeron-Toffoli/Pastrnak
Debrusk-Krejci-Pastrnak/Toffoli
Bjork-Coyle-Carter

I think there are definitely better options out there, but a package like this doesn't mortgage the future. It feels like a slight overpay, but an overpay of pieces we can afford to lose to have proven NHL'ers filling 2 scoring roles while we try to make the best of our cores closing window.
I don't think Carter and Toffoli lead us the cup, vs losing Backes and Heinen.
We still need a top 6 forward.
From a salary point, I make the trade since Carter and Toffoli are an upgrade and we are saving money.
Not sure how Carter plays on RW vs Center, which he has played most of his career.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Sadly that's generally the last thing we look for in our prospects these days

Tbh that’s all seny did for awhile...score goals and that’s it

kaliyev looks like he plays an incomplete game-I would have liked to see them try and do with him what they did with seny But at the end of the day I think they evaluate whether they are coachable in that regard and that has something to do with him being passed on by the Bruins. It’s interesting because a lot of teams passed on him and I have no idea why....It’s definitely not a skill thing though

i’m happy with Beecher As I think they needed an infusion of size and speed but there was certainly some skill left on the table

Reactions: LouJersey

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
I know many on here want Anderson and I can understand why, but I was talking with someone I know personally that works for an NHL team (I won't say who like Dom :) , anyway he did not have great things to say about Anderson, I was told Anderson sees himself as a first line player and at times is unhappy if not on the top line. Also his words not mine, apparently Anderson is not exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer. Don't think I would pay top price for a player like that.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Kaliyev ain't small is he?

hes got decent size to him, should only get bigger too

I like Beecher. Unpopular opinion but I don’t mind him throwing that hit today. The bruins need an asshole not named Marchand. Hopefully he can be that asshole as the best 4C in the league for a couple years and then develops further from there

you’d prefer it to be clean but as many on here say, it was nice seeing one of our guys being the hammer. Even if he’s probably a couple years away

At the deadline I would probably trade the 1st before Beecher at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad