Proposal: All Bruins Rumours/Proposals X

Status
Not open for further replies.

remer

Oct 18, 2005
Kreider deal is too much. Put it in context to last year's deal for Stone.
Zboril ( 1st rd pick) + Lauko ( 3rd rd pick) +Heinen ( established NHLer 30-40 point producer) for Kreider?
Last year: Ottawa traded a signed Mark Stone to the Vegas Golden Knights for Erik Brannstrom ( 1st rd pick), Oscar Lindberg ( 2nd rd pick- bottom 6 player) and a 2nd round pick.

So a comparison deal could look like a signed Kreider for Zboril, 2nd rd pick like JFK or Alex Andersson and a 2nd round pick in 2020. Not sure that is enough but that seems closer to Mark Stone deal.

Stone a 50-60 point producer should return more than Kreider a 40-50 point producer.

Backes +Frederic + 2020 1st for Josh Anderson ? Likely too much as well.
I know it will cost to get rid of Backes, but that is giving away two 1st round picks. Not happening.
Patrick Marleau was moved for a late 1st in Toronto's case.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Zboril + Lauko +Heinen for Krieder
Ritchie for Deslauriers
Backes +Frederic + 2020 1st for Josh Anderson

Marshy-Bergy-Pasta
Debrusk-Krejci-Krieder
Bjork-Coyle-Anderson
Wagner-Kuraly-Deslauriers
Nordstrom

Chara-McAvoy
Krug-Carlo
Gryzz-Moore
Clifton

Rask
Halak

No one beats this team in a 7 game playoff series.
Skill, speed, toughness, size
I like this overall and I know you have to give up more to move Backes (if he agrees which i can't see) but you are moving a potential Anderson in Frederic who could play fourth line minutes now. I would try to keep Frederic out of the deal but otherwise I really like that forward group.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Ritchie for Deslauriers

Marshy-Bergy-Pasta
Debrusk-Krejci-Krieder
Bjork-Coyle-Anderson
Nordstrom

Chara-McAvoy
Krug-Carlo
Gryzz-Moore
Clifton

Rask
Halak

Like these trades in general. I would be very reluctant to part with Lauko, however. The kid’s got so much talent and will to win. If Kreider is not resigned, Lauko could be his replacement at LW.

Bodit9

Oct 22, 2016
Upstate NY
Ritchie for Deslauriers

Marshy-Bergy-Pasta
Debrusk-Krejci-Krieder
Bjork-Coyle-Anderson
Nordstrom

Chara-McAvoy
Krug-Carlo
Gryzz-Moore
Clifton

Rask
Halak

Not a bad stab at it but giving up too much. I would target Kreider & Palmieri while giving up some mix of Heinen, Zboril, draft pick(s), B prospect. Heinen needs to be upgraded. Decent player but not what we need right now. Prospect log jam at LD with UV, Zboril, Lauzon. Love me some UV & Lauzon so I'd try to move Zboril who is solid.

member 96824

If the Bruins acquire another top six winger, that problem will take care of its own. With less games going into O.T.,even less will reacquire a shootout. That meaning Tampa and Toronto will be further and further away from the Bruins tail-lights.

Will it though? We’re already top 5 in goals and lead the league in goal differential. I would still anticipate that when we lose, it’ll be losing close, down to the wire games.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Would Sweeney go all in and give up his 1st and 2nd? Would you?

1st and Heinen for Kreider at 50% retained ($2.3).

2nd and Curtis Hall for Toffoli at 50% retained ($2.3).

$1.8 in cap space + Heinen's $2.8 = $4.6.

Marsh - Bergy - Pasta
Kreider - Krejci - DeBrusk
Bjork - Coyle - Toffoli

OR

Marsh - Bergy - Pasta
Kreider - Krejci - Toffoli
DeBrusk - Coyle - Bjork
I think that's too much for Kreider, but I wouldn't mind if the Bruins target him in a deal. I'm fine with Heinen going the other way, but that 1st is a deal breaker in my opinion given the caliber of player the Rangers would be getting in Heinen and not a prospect(s).

Reactions: PlayMakers and Lo97

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
No way, stud 4th line of NHL bangers and fighters.

One vendor I deal with is a huge Gophers fan and says Beecher is going to be another Krieder.

From what I've seen of Beecher in this year's WJC, he's more likely to be another Jimmy Hayes. Couple days ago I compared him to Kuraly and now that seems generous. He's been absolutely useless so far today.

Reactions: Lo97

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Very disheartening. How does Kaliyev look? The guy I actually wanted them to take lol.

I see a lot of James Neal there. And that's not necessarily a good thing..lol

I know I'm being harsh about Beecher. But his hockey sense and decision-making that I've seen in this tournament has been troubling to witness. He's routinely skated himself into traffic with the puck, a lot of cycle offense has died on his stick with a turnover or bad pass. The plays he has made have only been of the high percentage-type that are hard to mess up. Maybe it's playing wing vs. playing center but he hasn't had a good showing IMO.

Reactions: Lo97

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Coyle is playing RW with Krejci and DeBrusk tonight. It would be ideal that he is the #3C moving forward, but the question I have is where does he fit short and long term? Studnicka is knocking on the door and will either make the jump later in the season or next season. Where does that leave both players?

I still think the Bruins should try some different combinations at forward, but Cassidy is reluctant to move Pastrnak off the top line. I wouldn't mind the Bruins giving Coyle a string of 3-5 games at RW on the 2nd line to see how he fairs.

Reactions: wintersej

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Not a good comparison at all.

literally the only thing comparable between Hayes and Beecher is that they are big. Jimmy can’t skate and doesn’t play physical

now maybe Beecher never develops a high end offensive game but even if that’s the case they are still nothing alike

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Coyle is playing RW with Krejci and DeBrusk tonight. It would be ideal that he is the #3C moving forward, but the question I have is where does he fit short and long term? Studnicka is knocking on the door and will either make the jump later in the season or next season. Where does that leave both players?

I still think the Bruins should try some different combinations at forward, but Cassidy is reluctant to move Pastrnak off the top line. I wouldn't mind the Bruins giving Coyle a string of 3-5 games at RW on the 2nd line to see how he fairs.

I honestly think Coyle was signed long term to be the 2rw and Studnicka will be in the center mix next season

Reactions: Absurdity

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
I honestly think Coyle was signed long term to be the 2rw and Studnicka will be in the center mix next season

for along time i thought krejci has to be dealt... and I waited... and waited... and waited

and somehow the cap always was figured out with krejci as a part

so now we are nearing the end of his 7 mill cap hit. in theory, he might want to sign a 'retirement' deal to hang around here as a 'third liner' growing gracefully older... at a more affordable cap hit

he could continue to hold down the fort as the second liner until its wrestled out of his hands by merit

so... your idea... it can make sense. coyle vacates center ice and plays as studnickas winger. theres always a logic behind putting an experienced center onto the wing of a young kid. it can help a lot with faceoffs/defensive assignments

eventually as krejci ages he too could move to wing... hes more than skilled enough to succeed there. when beecher comes down the pipeline maybe both krejci and coyle will be at wing?

I think coyle has added benefit because he is flexible... and plays an all round 5 tool game. he fits in to all sort of holes.

I am hoping both krejci and krug come back for new contracts... but its hard to imagine how we can make the cap work and fit everyone under the payroll

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
Like these trades in general. I would be very reluctant to part with Lauko, however. The kid’s got so much talent and will to win. If Kreider is not resigned, Lauko could be his replacement at LW.
Trade one, we are giving up too much if we do not re sign Kreider.
I would remove Lauko if he does not re sign with us.
Trade two - lateral move.
Trade 3- we throw around first round picks like they mean nothing. The only way I even consider this is if JA is 100% healthy. Giving up DB is the only way I make this trade as this gives us salary relief.
My thought and I have mentioned this before, is to add more from our side and get Hertl from the Sharks. He is a huge upgrade over Kreider or JA and is signed for two more years at a decent cap hit.
The only player I say is "off limits" as far as prospects go for Hertl, is Stud. They can have a combination of two of Beecher/Vaak/Lauko/Anderson take Heinen and a pick ( 2nd or 3rd).
That would get the conversation rolling with Mr Wilson.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Any proposals to remove Backes the

upload_2020-1-2_14-42-0.jpeg

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Any proposals to remove Backes the

View attachment 301435
In the other thread I proposed this deal: Cehlarik + Backes + 2nd + conditional 3rd (if Bruins make the ECF) for Simmonds

Simmonds can platoon with Kuhlman/Senyshyn at #3RW depending on the match up. May even play on the 4th line.

It all depends if NJ is one of the teams on Backes' list of course.

Reactions: bbfan419
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad