Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
I'd like to see the Bruins add one of the following:

Palmieri/Kreider

and

Bennett/M. Foligno/JG Pageau

Like last year I think two forwards are needed unless they truly feel Studnicka or Frederic are ready to contribute this season.

Make available:

1st
2nd
3rd
Heinen
Gryz
Vaak
Zboril
Kuhlman
Moore

For prospects don't trade Studnicka, Frederic, Lauzon, Beecher, maybe Lauko (haven't seen enough of him but trust others opinions that he is a keeper).
I believe the reason they're not calling up Studnicka is because they feel that a full season in Providence will enhance his development. Also, once he plays ten NHL games he burns a year off his ELC. This will be important at the Expansion Draft end of next season.

Also, some PBruins fans feel he has been in a funk lately since his scoring has tailed off.

Frederic, who is in a different status than Studs, is another story. I believe he'll be called up before the end of February.

Reactions: Lo97 and Strafer

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
has sweeney ever made a trade well before the deadline? i think even the coyle trade was a few days
before that. otherwise it's been basically at the deadline. or at the draft.

Add now then deadline as well if still struggling. Most deadline additions don’t do so hot the first 15 games or so and it could be too late by then. Playoff coyle and mojo were so much better than reg season versions

Reactions: Strafer

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Ah, okay, so we would have to get Krejci moved as a predicate, if not this spring, then over the summer.
Not necessarily. If DK is healthy for his final contract year he can play 3C with Coyle moving over temporarily to RW.

Bottom line is I want the team to compete again for the Cup this season. If surrendering a first and roster players and prospects achieves that, I'll trust the Staff to set the lines.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Add now then deadline as well if still struggling. Most deadline additions don’t do so hot the first 15 games or so and it could be too late by then. Playoff coyle and mojo were so much better than reg season versions

i don't disagree, just saying i'm not expecting anything.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
According to Holger Stolzenberg (ProHockeyRumors) San Jose is looking to get a first round pick since it lost one to Ottawa in the Karlsson trade. Would it consider Tomas Hertl? He's a center but a productive one.

gonna take a lot more than a late 1st round pick to get tomas hertl. he's one of maybe 3-4
guys they won't trade.

Reactions: Lo97

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Not necessarily. If DK is healthy for his final contract year he can play 3C with Coyle moving over temporarily to RW.

Bottom line is I want the team to compete again for the Cup this season. If surrendering a first and roster players and prospects achieves that, I'll trust the Staff to set the lines.

I like Hertl a lot and wouldn't mind seeing him on the team, but do you think Coyle at RW where he kind of sucks to have Hertl centering is better than getting someone like Toffoli that can play 2RW? I am leaning towards getting that RW, and then, maybe exploring a deal for a 2/3C to go with Coyle and Bergy once Krejci is done.

Reactions: Lo97

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
I like Hertl a lot and wouldn't mind seeing him on the team, but do you think Coyle at RW where he kind of sucks to have Hertl centering is better than getting someone like Toffoli that can play 2RW? I am leaning towards getting that RW, and then, maybe exploring a deal for a 2/3C to go with Coyle and Bergy once Krejci is done.
I have no problem with that. It was Stolzenberg who made the suggestion and mentioned Hertl. Sharks have no 1st, third and 4th picks this year. Krejci's spot could be filled internally without having to surrender assets.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I have no problem with that. It was Stolzenberg who made the suggestion and mentioned Hertl. Sharks have no 1st, third and 4th picks this year. Krejci's spot could be filled internally without having to surrender assets.

Yeah he would cost, but it might be deal the Bruins could make if the Sharks were interested. I won't hold my breath though, Sweeney likes his picks and prospects too much to part with many

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Time for Sweeney to pull Toffoli out of his back pocket like the rumor suggested, His advanced stats are phenomenal for being on such a terrible team.

benoit pouliots advanced stats were through the rough when he got his long term deal for the big money

theres something to be said for guys 'playing for their contract'
normal career underachievers who spent their entire time in the coach dog house.. suddenly look better

if you dont pay attention to what youve been seeing with your eyes for along time... and try to trick yourself... you can make all sorts of horrible mistakes and thats how some of these players get their retirement contracts

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
I believe the reason they're not calling up Studnicka is because they feel that a full season in Providence will enhance his development. Also, once he plays ten NHL games he burns a year off his ELC. This will be important at the Expansion Draft end of next season.

Also, some PBruins fans feel he has been in a funk lately since his scoring has tailed off.

Frederic, who is in a different status than Studs, is another story. I believe he'll be called up before the end of February.
Whoops! The ink's hardly dry on my post and Studs come through with three helpers to gain 3rd star in a 5-6 ProBs OT loss.

Reactions: Dr Hook

Skelen

Jan 5, 2015
Ok my bad. I still would lias I think he is gonna burst out and be a solid player . Buy low sell high story. I would offer zboril but no way rangers would do that .

They might, but that still might be a bit steep. I know little about the player but he hasn't been good for the Rangers so far. Zbroil might be third on the list of NHL ready LHD in Pro. right now but he could also be part of a bigger deal. The "buy low" is a good idea but probably not worth it for the Rangers given what I and probably most fans would be willing to give up.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
After scoring 27 goals in last 7 games (a couple with krecj injured... krug missing action)

We see our offense is clicking

Bjork has shown good signs he might deserve time with krecji,

Debrusk is on fire

Kuhlman is healthy

Lets give these guys a couple more weeks

Its time to evaluate now

For 10 more years?

Reactions: easton117

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Yeah he would cost, but it might be deal the Bruins could make if the Sharks were interested. I won't hold my breath though, Sweeney likes his picks and prospects too much to part with many

Sweeney needs to put this on the side burner, if that indeed is a fact, but I think just maybe these Bruin prospects aren't as coveted around the league as many here would like to think.

I also don't think the guy who may have just traded away Alex Lafreniere, and at the very least a top blue-chip prospect, is in self-destruct mode and is looking to deal either one of Hertl or Timo Meier but if Im Sweeney, Im calling.

The Bruins have no prospect who Sweeney shouldn't move and he should be on the phone ASAP, I'd be throwing everything at them including the Kitchen sink for Timo Meier and then Id go after Timo Meier again and again. Hertl would be a nice consolation prize.

Brendan Dillon would add some size with snarl to the left side defense,so Id throw him in the deal as well, so if Im Sweeney Im telling Wilson you can have are 1st this year and pick any two prospects, along with John Moore or you can have are 1st and second picks this year and any prospect you choose out of this group of ten and any from this group of ten.

I know it will probably end up with B.Dillon for a third but at-least he tried.:laugh:

Last edited:
Reactions: Strafer and Dr Hook

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Time for Sweeney to pull Toffoli out of his back pocket like the rumor suggested, His advanced stats are phenomenal for being on such a terrible team.
Lou, you're in the Devils 'hood, what are the chances that A) Palmieri is available and B) that they'll send him to Boston and C) Does he even want a move here to the Bruins?

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I know that it’s against the rules but it’s also something that happens all the time legitimately...

If Backes retired and the Bruins hired him as a scout or part of their evaluation group, how could the NHL prove that it wasn’t on the level?

(Especially if his pay was on par with others in the same position....obviously they couldn’t offer him millions)

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I know that it’s against the rules but it’s also something that happens all the time legitimately...

If Backes retired and the Bruins hired him as a scout or part of their evaluation group, how could the NHL prove that it wasn’t on the level?

(Especially if his pay was on par with others in the same position....obviously they couldn’t offer him millions)

If the pay was commensurate with what others get for the position, it wouldn't be against the rules.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
benoit pouliots advanced stats were through the rough when he got his long term deal for the big money

theres something to be said for guys 'playing for their contract'
normal career underachievers who spent their entire time in the coach dog house.. suddenly look better

if you dont pay attention to what youve been seeing with your eyes for along time... and try to trick yourself... you can make all sorts of horrible mistakes and thats how some of these players get their retirement contracts

Dude he's a rental....move on after the season...Let him play his ass off for that contract and let someone else sign him...I'm looking for a six month relationship, not a marriage.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Lou, you're in the Devils 'hood, what are the chances that A) Palmieri is available and B) that they'll send him to Boston and C) Does he even want a move here to the Bruins?

A. The "new" Devils brass say everyone is available
B. They would certainly send him here for the right price
C. He would in a heartbeat IMO.

Devils are going to ask for too much...You're talking first, real good prospect and player I would assume..maybe something like First, Frederic/Vaak/Stud and a guy like Kuraly or Clifton maybe, or 1st and Heinen or Bjork. Will be rich. Has another year left on his deal.

Reactions: Strafer and TCB

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
A. The "new" Devils brass say everyone is available
B. They would certainly send him here for the right price
C. He would in a heartbeat IMO.

Devils are going to ask for too much...You're talking first, real good prospect and player I would assume..maybe something like First, Frederic/Vaak/Stud and a guy like Kuraly or Clifton maybe, or 1st and Heinen or Bjork. Will be rich. Has another year left on his deal.

Having seen a lot more of him than I have, is he worth it to you at that price? My instinct is no, but I don't know enough about him.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Having seen a lot more of him than I have, is he worth it to you at that price? My instinct is no, but I don't know enough about him.

I would deal a first and Heinen for him gun to my head. No way I'm dealing Bjork. Not dealinbg Stud or Frederic either. Might do first, Vaak and Fitzgerald as well, but damn is that a lot. The issue is the extra year will drive up the price big time, so I would prob pay less for Toffoli, but Palmieri would be fantastic here..Hard nosed, leader, brings it every game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad