Proposal: All Bruins Rumours/Proposals 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Could someone be a lamb and explain the obsession with Miles Wood?

He has size and speed and I think some bruins fans think he combines that with a serious physical game. However, he hits less than guys like Kuraly and Nordstrom. He will fight if needed. He scored 19 goals a few seasons ago and is on pace for 12 this year.

I don't think he's an upgrade on anyone in the bruins lineup and carries a 2.75M cap hit. I'd pass without hesitation. He's not what some think he is..... Kind of like Josh Anderson.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
I'm really sick of people looking at hits numbers and drawing literally any conclusions about a player from them. Nevermind that it's often wildly inaccurate, but it only tells you quantity and nothing about quality.

not saying I disagree about Wood (I honestly don't see him enough to say), but saying he "hits less than Kuraly" is irrelevant. in the 2010/2011 season for example, Boychuk had 2 fewer hits than Greg Campbell (in less games, true, but Campbell had ~2 more hits per 60). The point is we all know which of these 2 guys was a more ferocious, impactful hitter but you'd never know it from looking at the hits column.

Reactions: sarge88

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
He has size and speed and I think some bruins fans think he combines that with a serious physical game. However, he hits less than guys like Kuraly and Nordstrom. He will fight if needed. He scored 19 goals a few seasons ago and is on pace for 12 this year.

I don't think he's an upgrade on anyone in the bruins lineup and carries a 2.75M cap hit. I'd pass without hesitation. He's not what some think he is..... Kind of like Josh Anderson.

No one wants the Bruins to trade for Miles Wood more than Devils fans.

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
Trading for Miles Wood is trading for another Sean Kuraly, Joakim Nordstrom, Chris Wagner. If you want depth, look for players about 1.5M cheaper at the deadline. Get this "wE nEeD bIg fIgHtEr" out of your brains. What we need is a 2nd line winger who can put the f***ing puck into the net.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
With Lauzon & Vaakaneinen on the cusp, would it makes sense to flip Gryzlek for a right side dman? Someone to play behind Carlo. Miller Clifton & Moore (on his off side) leave a lot to be desired.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
I'd package danton grez and 1st round pick for kreider 50% and lias. I think that's a fair deal for both sides. We can replace grez with vak or lauzon they both ready to be full time. If not get a ron hainsey for a 5th round pick as a security blanket.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Rakell and Gudbranson. Fills 2 holes. Top-6 RW and physical right shot dman (Miller replacement). Both signed one more year at reasonable cap hits.

Have to get creative and move out some cap. Miller/ Moore?

1st + Zboril + Senyshyn? Whom else?

Reactions: bbfan419

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville
Reading through some comments about Wood, he seems like a whipping boy. Not a lot of positive things said about the player.

Current conspiracy theory is those wanting Wood are actually big Heinen fans and are hoping bringing Wood over here will take the heat off Heinen and put it on Wood.

Reactions: Lo97

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
I'm really sick of people looking at hits numbers and drawing literally any conclusions about a player from them. Nevermind that it's often wildly inaccurate, but it only tells you quantity and nothing about quality.

not saying I disagree about Wood (I honestly don't see him enough to say), but saying he "hits less than Kuraly" is irrelevant. in the 2010/2011 season for example, Boychuk had 2 fewer hits than Greg Campbell (in less games, true, but Campbell had ~2 more hits per 60). The point is we all know which of these 2 guys was a more ferocious, impactful hitter but you'd never know it from looking at the hits column.

It is most certainly relevant as it relates to Wood. 2017-18 Miles Wood was an intriguing player and some hoped he was trending towards something unique. However 2019-20 Wood is not an impact player over 60 mins of ice. He is a 4th liner for NJD...and some devils fans want him out of the line-up entirely.

Sometimes stats tell a story...

Reactions: Lo97

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
Perhaps the irony of my statement wasn’t clear. I’m aware of who Wood is, I just don’t get the obsession. I’ve seen him play quite a few times and he’s a pretty mediocre player. Honestly if you are looking for what he brings just call up Frederic.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Perhaps the irony of my statement wasn’t clear. I’m aware of who Wood is, I just don’t get the obsession. I’ve seen him play quite a few times and he’s a pretty mediocre player. Honestly if you are looking for what he brings just call up Frederic.

Personally, I don’t like relying on rookies in any role in the playoffs.

Even the ultra talented ones often struggle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad