Proposal: All Bruins Rumours/Proposals 2020 II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
if we were looking for a vet 7th dman that brought something to the table... a guy that can play against Washington/st louis would be best

Borowiecki would fit that bill... I dont think he plays regular ahead of McAvoy/carlo/krug/chara... so hes bottom pair but he could rotate in with moore/Clifton/gryz when we needed more grit

makes a lot more sense than a big cap hit guy down the stretch. save some money to find a middle 6 scorer

Reactions: capecodder

mflo77

Jul 9, 2002
Visit site
I love the guy- outside the usual Bergeron suspect, he is my favorite B. Love watching him slip and slide around. He's been having a bit of an off year this year, but if the Bruins need to trade he or Krug I'd keep Gryz and I am a big fan of Krug as well. Reason is this: send Krug to Detroit for a lottery pick or something equivalent is good, Krug is going to cost a lot, hometown discount or no, and he is going to get term that will take him right to or past the edge where guys of his style typically fall off. Gryz is younger, cheaper, and better all-around than Krug even while not being in the same league offensively.

Ideally they keep both, but a lottery pick in what is projected to be a strong draft is a gift horse you might not want to look in the mouth. The Bruins get so few of those (and we should be thankful, really).

detroit ISNT trading its lottery pick for krug.

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
if we were looking for a vet 7th dman that brought something to the table... a guy that can play against Washington/st louis would be best

Borowiecki would fit that bill... I dont think he plays regular ahead of McAvoy/carlo/krug/chara... so hes bottom pair but he could rotate in with moore/Clifton/gryz when we needed more grit

makes a lot more sense than a big cap hit guy down the stretch. save some money to find a middle 6 scorer

If I remember correctly that was a role they brought Moore in for his size....

Reactions: maxl7

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
doesnt fill a need?
you think a right side of Mcavoy / carlo / manson isnt far superior than what we already have ? best pieces in grz? We all tend to over value Bruins players. Grz is a trade- able and replaceable commodity.

No. I don't think Manson really fills much of a need, especially when you're dealing a good defenseman for him. We have a shit ton of defensemen and it appears Kevan Miller may very well return which would only give us more. We have multiple guys in the AHL who could come up and fill in if needed as well.

I don't see how it makes sense to acquire a guy making 4.1M and would either play on our 3rd pairing or move Carlo to the 3rd pairing. Neither belongs there.

Meanwhile you've acquired yet another defenseman and taken on more cap while not filling an actual need which is scoring help.

Reactions: Lo97 and maxl7

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
If I remember correctly that was a role they brought Moore in for his size....

i think moore was brought in because grze/krug dont kill penalties and they wanted an all round guy that could play all game situations {specially for playoffs that go deep into ot}

moore was never a 'tough guy' and if st louis or Washington start gooning it up, putting moore on the ice wont make a lick of difference

but he can kill penalties so it doesnt hurt to keep him around with grzelyck/Clifton and have some flexibility who we decide to dress for bottom pair

I would say based on the eye-test... bruins coach currently views moore as a better option than these other guys for the bottom pair. I know I have felt he was a better option myself but then I guess he gets hurt or something

hes had a hard time gaining traction since we signed him but he is a former first round pick. the dude does have some skill level. if he is playing smart and hard... the dude is a bonafide talented nhl dman with size

Reactions: Strafer

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
No. I don't think Manson really fills much of a need, especially when you're dealing a good defenseman for him. We have a **** ton of defensemen and it appears Kevan Miller may very well return which would only give us more. We have multiple guys in the AHL who could come up and fill in if needed as well.

I don't see how it makes sense to acquire a guy making 4.1M and would either play on our 3rd pairing or move Carlo to the 3rd pairing. Neither belongs there.

Meanwhile you've acquired yet another defenseman and taken on more cap while not filling an actual need which is scoring help.

only way it makes sense to get manson… is if we are moving carlo… and it takes a hell of a lot of new math to try to make that work

I wouldnt go close to that on a 1 for 1 trade... it would require some massive add to balance those scales

that said... manson could potentially be a hell of a good fit for us. he does have that mean streak we are hoping carlo might develop. and he can play well enough to fill a hole adequately. I suppose I believe carlo is the better dman in a vacuum... but im open to listen to arguments why the package we got from Anaheim might fit us better than the package we would give up

mflo77

Jul 9, 2002
Visit site
No. I don't think Manson really fills much of a need, especially when you're dealing a good defenseman for him. We have a **** ton of defensemen and it appears Kevan Miller may very well return which would only give us more. We have multiple guys in the AHL who could come up and fill in if needed as well.

i didnt say it should be the only move. adding RW is the most important. Moore / Clifton / Kampfer / Grz dont cut it IMO as a legit 3rd pair shut down type of Dmen. Manson does.

mflo77

Jul 9, 2002
Visit site
only way it makes sense to get manson… is if we are moving carlo… and it takes a hell of a lot of new math to try to make that work

I wouldnt go close to that on a 1 for 1 trade... it would require some massive add to balance those scales

that said... manson could potentially be a hell of a good fit for us. he does have that mean streak we are hoping carlo might develop. and he can play well enough to fill a hole adequately. I suppose I believe carlo is the better dman in a vacuum... but im open to listen to arguments why the package we got from Anaheim might fit us better than the package we would give up

why would u consider moving carlo to get manson? adding manson to mac/chara/krug/carlo only makes us a lot tougher to play against.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
why would u consider moving carlo to get manson? adding manson to mac/chara/krug/carlo only makes us a lot tougher to play against.

if you wanted to tell me we should add hedman, doughty, burns, and jones while keeping McAvoy, carlo, krug, and chara... I would definitely be interested in your plan to make it work

never a bad idea to add great players and keep great players... if you had a plan to make it work

but theres always a pesky roster limit... a limit on how much time on the ice you got to spread around... a limit on cap room... a limit on how you might get talented players from other teams without giving up any of your own

its the plan that interests me

show me a plan to add manson while keeping McAvoy and carlo and I will listen

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
i didnt say it should be the only move. adding RW is the most important. Moore / Clifton / Kampfer / Grz dont cut it IMO as a legit 3rd pair shut down type of Dmen. Manson does.

What about Miller if he returns? I'm not understanding this need of having a legit shut down 3rd pairing guy anyways.

Call up Lauzon if that's what you're looking for.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
What about Miller if he returns? I'm not understanding this need of having a legit shut down 3rd pairing guy anyways.

Call up Lauzon if that's what you're looking for.

IF Miller gets back, and I don't even want to speculate on the odds of it given what happened to his knees, his age, a long career of wear and tear etc., he fills a pretty big need and he and Grizz made a nice pairing. I don't know how Lauzon is on his off side, though, else he could be an option as well. Certainly it seems the Bruins don't need to give up picks or players to get a third pair guy.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
IF Miller gets back, and I don't even want to speculate on the odds of it given what happened to his knees, his age, a long career of wear and tear etc., he fills a pretty big need and he and Grizz made a nice pairing. I don't know how Lauzon is on his off side, though, else he could be an option as well. Certainly it seems the Bruins don't need to give up picks or players to get a third pair guy.

Lauzon has played his offside in Providence at times. I think Lauzon is just solid. He's nasty too. He is an NHL defenseman right now but is stuck behind a lot of other players. I'd definitely move Moore to make room for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad