Proposal: All Bruins Rumours/Proposals 2020 II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
palmeri is a 4.65 mill cap hit for next year... stop planning on adding him unless you can suggest where we are cutting 4.65 mill from next years budget

is it krug you plan on getting rid of?
is it debrusk?
is it McAvoy?
is it krecji?

I dont mention backes because hes already gone just to afford the new contracts we need for the guys we need new contracts for

capfriendly says we have 62.5 mill committed to

marchand/Bergeron/pastrnak
X/krejci/X
Heinen/Coyle/X
blidh/kuraly/wagner
Lindholm/backes

moore/mcavoy
x/carlo
x/clifton
x

rask
x

we have roughly 26 million after we get rid of the ENTIRE backes contract to sign
krug
chara
grzelyck
debrusk
bjork
kuhlman
halak
and 1 additional forward

this is if evrything goes totally perfect... if we dont get dinged by a chara bonus penalty... if we dont decide we need a million in unspent cap space... If we dont end up with a rash of injuries...

even if you move grzelyck and his 2-3 mill hit and replace with an elc guy like lauzon you still havent cleared enough room for palmeri

cut deeper... make it hurt

The whole World is on thin ice, who cares about next year?

Reactions: easton117

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
also to be taken into consideration

lauzon
zboril
senyshyn

all require waivers at the start of next season... if we are bringing in players with term who are going to fill up roster spaces we better plan on either trading these kids or losing them on waivers

I dont think any of these 3 would clear waivers

I dont think we would have room for both lauzon and zboril to make the team now... not with vaakainan also in the pipeline... so plan on one of these kid dmen to get moved for whatever rental we are making this year

but dont expect a guy with term. if a guy with term is coming then someone with term needs to be going. it will have to be a 'hockey trade' and not some rental

for example... maybe the team would rather have tuch than Heinen? or Anderson than Heinen? or maybe theyd rather have palmeri than debrusk??? i wouldnt... but im not making the decesion. bruins are more aware what debrusks agent wants on a new contract than I am

chances are the bruins have had preliminary discussions on contracts with our free agents and have a good idea who might be worth bringing back

but... these kids and the waiver wire will have to be considered too
so will the seattle expansion coming

I still predict we will be adding an expiring contract ufa at the deadline and most of you will likely be unimpressed by whoever it is. sorry

Reactions: Strafer

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
palmeri is a 4.65 mill cap hit for next year... stop planning on adding him unless you can suggest where we are cutting 4.65 mill from next years budget

is it debrusk?
is it McAvoy?
is it krecji?

I dont mention backes because hes already gone just to afford the new contracts we need for the guys we need new contracts for

X/krejci/X
Heinen/Coyle/X
blidh/kuraly/wagner
Lindholm/backes

moore/mcavoy
x/carlo
x/clifton
x

rask
x

we have roughly 26 million after we get rid of the ENTIRE backes contract to sign
krug
chara
grzelyck
debrusk
bjork
kuhlman
halak
and 1 additional forward

this is if evrything goes totally perfect... if we dont get dinged by a chara bonus penalty... if we dont decide we need a million in unspent cap space... If we dont end up with a rash of injuries...

even if you move grzelyck and his 2-3 mill hit and replace with an elc guy like lauzon you still havent cleared enough room for palmeri

I'm more concerned with the fact Krejci has been here for 10+ years and people still can't spell his name right. You've been told countless upon countless times to stop worrying about the cap. Evan Gold has it all under control.

also to be taken into consideration

lauzon
zboril
senyshyn

all require waivers at the start of next season... if we are bringing in players with term who are going to fill up roster spaces we better plan on either trading these kids or losing them on waivers

I dont think any of these 3 would clear waivers

I dont think we would have room for both lauzon and zboril to make the team now... not with vaakainan also in the pipeline... so plan on one of these kid dmen to get moved for whatever rental we are making this year

but dont expect a guy with term. if a guy with term is coming then someone with term needs to be going. it will have to be a 'hockey trade' and not some rental

for example... maybe the team would rather have tuch than Heinen? or Anderson than Heinen? or maybe theyd rather have palmeri than debrusk??? i wouldnt... but im not making the decesion. bruins are more aware what debrusks agent wants on a new contract than I am

chances are the bruins have had preliminary discussions on contracts with our free agents and have a good idea who might be worth bringing back

but... these kids and the waiver wire will have to be considered too
so will the seattle expansion coming

I still predict we will be adding an expiring contract ufa at the deadline and most of you will likely be unimpressed by whoever it is. sorry

The bolded. Stop right there. I do enjoy the smug ending to this post like you know when we just had a poster who is actually in the know say Boston is in on a player with term.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
The whole World is on thin ice, who cares about next year?

bruin front office actually pays a guy to be worried about the cap many years projected in the future... and the gm has to worry about all sorts of things... arbitration and waivers and free agency and roster limits and all sorts of things

I see some fans here posting to add not 1 guy with a long term contract, but even more than 1...

it just would be more entertaining to those of us who understand reality if these fans took it one step further and explained who was being sent packing to make it work

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
How about Rickard Rakell, 26 yrs old, 3.8M Cap hit until 2022 - Anaheim Ducks.

This year: 42gp 12g 16a 28pts, career NHL 0.63 ppg. 34 goals two years ago.

He's playing 1st line LW, next to Getzlaf.

Anaheim is not making playoffs, that's for sure, otherwise i don't know anything about their situation/plans.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
I'm more concerned with the fact Krejci has been here for 10+ years and people still can't spell his name right. You've been told countless upon countless times to stop worrying about the cap. Evan Gold has it all under control.

ive been right worrying about the cap many times... and we have suffered cap penalties before

I dont need to balance the cap but people like you do no one any service at all acting like we can all be ignorant of it. if you want to continue along in ignorance be my guest. I will continue to share info with those of us that like to be more realistic

Reactions: TCB and sarge88

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB

is it debrusk?
is it McAvoy?
is it krecji?

X/krejci/X
Heinen/Coyle/X
blidh/kuraly/wagner
Lindholm/backes

moore/mcavoy
x/carlo
x/clifton
x

rask
x

krug
chara
grzelyck
debrusk
bjork
kuhlman
halak
and 1 additional forward

Heinen and Moore moved out and Miller gone takes care of that for next year.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
ive been right worrying about the cap many times... and we have suffered cap penalties before

I'd be willing to bet you've been wrong worrying about the cap more.... A lot more.

I dont need to balance the cap but people like you do no one any service at all acting like we can all be ignorant of it. if you want to continue along in ignorance be my guest. I will continue to share info with those of us that like to be more realistic

You're not sharing any new information with anyone here. I know you think you are since you wrote the novel and hit enter but plenty of people know, myself included, that if Boston adds a player with term at the TDL, someone may not be back next year.

I mean, @bcbruin1 said that if the bruins were to acquire the player with term they supposedly have an offer on the table for, then Krug probably isn't coming back. What exactly did you tell us here that's new?

Nothing.... There's plenty of ways for Boston to make the cap work.

Reactions: Rumpy

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
How about Rickard Rakell, 26 yrs old, 3.8M Cap hit until 2022 - Anaheim Ducks.

This year: 42gp 12g 16a 28pts, career NHL 0.63 ppg. 34 goals two years ago.

He's playing 1st line LW, next to Getzlaf.

Anaheim is not making playoffs, that's for sure, otherwise i don't know anything about their situation/plans.
Would love Rakell if we could get him at the right price.

Reactions: Strafer and TCB

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Heinen and Moore moved out and Miller gone takes care of that for next year.

remember as we move a guy like Heinen or moore at less than 3 mill... we replace them in the lineup with a replacement

you have picked 2 likely targets... so I will give you a like for that
but its not quite so easy

be prepared people for not being too impressed at the deadline if you are expecting expensive players with term

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
I am by no means a cap guy but is this close....

Kuhlman/krejci/Palmeiri
Heinen/Coyle/DeBrusk
blidh/kuraly/wagner

Senyshyn/backes

moore/mcavoy
Krug/carlo
Lauzon/clifton
Zboril

Tuukka
Vladar

Out - Miller, Moore, Halak, Nordstrom,Lindholm (if needed), Kampfer,Grz

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
I'd be willing to bet you've been wrong worrying about the cap more.... A lot more.

You're not sharing any new information with anyone here. I know you think you are since you wrote the novel and hit enter but plenty of people know, myself included, that if Boston adds a player with term at the TDL, someone may not be back next year.

I mean, @bcbruin1 said that if the bruins were to acquire the player with term they supposedly have an offer on the table for, then Krug probably isn't coming back. What exactly did you tell us here that's new?

Nothing.... There's plenty of ways for Boston to make the cap work.

bruins had cap penalties of 4.75 mill and 1.13 mill both in the last 8 years... its not too easy to just google search so im unsure if they had penalties in more seasons

but twice in last eight years does seem to indicate it happens rather significant amount of time

if we did add someone like palmeri it would certainly use all the available cap space. and we already know the chara bonuses will hit us

if we dont leave cap space to account for chara... they absolutely will penalize us next season

I suppose you 'knew' this even though you said 'dont worry about it'
I didnt realize you have ostritch blood

all im saying is you cant have your cake and eat it too... people who plan to spend all the cap space this year and add long term contract commitments at the same time better realize we will not have a full cap next year as a result

as you put it... we got evan gold {who I think you wouldnt even know his name if dom didnt keep mentioning it} and not worry...

ok so be it... let evan gold worry... but I guarantee you he is definitely factoring in the effects what it would mean to add a long term big hit contact.

I like to stay on top of these things so I try a little harder but it might be more fun to just say 'be happy and dont worry'

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB

is it debrusk?
is it McAvoy?
is it krecji?

X/krejci/X
Heinen/Coyle/X
blidh/kuraly/wagner
Lindholm/backes

moore/mcavoy
x/carlo
x/clifton
x

rask
x

krug
chara
grzelyck
debrusk
bjork
kuhlman
halak
and 1 additional forward

Pretty sure Bruins free up over 3 million with Beleskey and Seidenberg off books finally.You counting that?

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Off topic but on topic. It’d be nice if a team could franchise one guy who would count for less on the cap.

Make it that he has to be drafted by the club. No trade shenanigans. Just straight up pay your star homegrown guy whatever the hell you want.

Would certainly make filling out a roster easier, giving teams a little breathing room.

There. Now I sound like a leaf fan

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Pretty sure Bruins free up over 3 million with Beleskey and Seidenberg off books finally.You counting that?

theres so many moving parts... i fully recommend just taking the numbers from cap friendly and let them do all the adjustments

the numbers I shared here today are just the salaries of the players who are signed and I minus that from what this years cap ceiling is

but theres many many many more complications to it

to specifically address your question... those salaries are off the books and already accounted for in my very simplified math

there are other factors... will the cap go up? will it go down? will there be penalties? will we be suffering some ltir injuries? will there be off season trades? will we have to buyout backes or retain salary or put him in the minors?

my point isnt to 100% predict the cap budget next year... im just pointing out we have no room to add big salaries without removing big salaries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad