Proposal: All Bruins Rumours/Proposals 2020 II

Status
Not open for further replies.

mflo77

Jul 9, 2002
Visit site
i would contact anaheim to see if josh manson is available. offer grz plus B rated prospect or a 2nd. doubt they have any interest in trading manson.

Reactions: Kegs

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
i would contact anaheim to see if josh manson is available. offer grz plus B rated prospect or a 2nd. doubt they have any interest in trading manson.
Well it would certainly make the back end bigger. But I have a bias opinion of gryz. I really like gryz. Probably like him way too much. He just so damn shifty with the puck.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Proposal: - All Bruins Rumours/Proposals 2020

@Dr Hook

Miller is skating as he said he would be. He also said he'll be back. But when?

Team currently has $2,340,834 in LITR space, that's about 160K short to fit Miller when activated. But Kampfer goes down and that takes care of that. Barring no injuries, they'll be banking $640K.

Would also like to correct a false story out their that says "according to Cap Friendly" Backes' cap hit is $4,925,000.

That is incorrect. Backes continues to count on the cap and if nothing changes between now and the end of the season, his final cap hit will be $5,549,194. Whoever wrote that article needs to click on daily cap calculator.

Backes.png

Notice how the accumulated cap hit still rises with each day his spends on the Providence roster? $5.549 million will be the final hit if nothing changes.

Backes 2.png

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
Krug for Detroit's 2020 #1
Geez I’d cry. But I would not be mad. I’d totally be down for getting a top 3 pick next years draft. But geez. Krug. Krug is one of the best offensive d in the whole league.

Reactions: Strafer

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Krug for Detroit's 2020 #1

JMHO they should really be deciding (maybe they have already) which of the two to keep. Both are good/great PMD. Krug is tougher, has a great shot form the point and is our PP-QB but he's also defensively a liability on occasion. Gryz is a bit faster and a bit better skater but gets pushed around easier and isn't a PP -QB and may never be. He seems to lack the offensive instincts that Krug was born with but will be a lower cap-hit for the foreseeable future. Gryz probably garners as much interest from other teams as Krug so I would lean toward trading him first. I just don't think having two defensemen of that height is a great idea. Plus the B's are awash in left side d-men.

Last edited:

RHR37

Dec 24, 2019
Proposal: - All Bruins Rumours/Proposals 2020

@Dr Hook

Miller is skating as he said he would be. He also said he'll be back. But when?

Team currently has $2,340,834 in LITR space, that's about 160K short to fit Miller when activated. But Kampfer goes down and that takes care of that. Barring no injuries, they'll be banking $640K.

Would also like to correct a false story out their that says "according to Cap Friendly" Backes' cap hit is $4,925,000.

That is incorrect. Backes continues to count on the cap and if nothing changes between now and the end of the season, his final cap hit will be $5,549,194. Whoever wrote that article needs to click on daily cap calculator.

View attachment 310865

Notice how the accumulated cap hit still rises with each day his spends on the Providence roster? $5.549 million will be the final hit if nothing changes.

View attachment 310871

I'm sure you have been asked a million times before so my apologies if this question is a repeated one.

Have you heard any rumblings of him maybe willing to be traded to more teams to finish his career as an NHLer? Maybe he list expanded a bit now?

Also what would be the cost for Boston? Similar to Marleau?

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
Why are we trading for a player who is expensive and doesn't fill a need and in the process trading one of our best pieces?

He wants to add size clearly. I don’t think gryz is one of the Bruins best pieces tho. He is great don’t get me wrong. I was saying this before. I would never do that deal personally.

reason 1: bruins draft really well in the second round.

reason 2: I really like gryz.

but he is not a top 4 d on this team right now.

McAvoy
Krug
Carlo
Chara

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
I'm sure you have been asked a million times before so my apologies if this question is a repeated one.

Have you heard any rumblings of him maybe willing to be traded to more teams to finish his career as an NHLer? Maybe he list expanded a bit now?

Also what would be the cost for Boston? Similar to Marleau?

The only thing I know is his camp knew this was coming down.

He's been afforded the 10 day break (bye week + all star break). I'm sure he his taking that time to discuss every possibility with his family and Wade Arnott.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
I will also add that a lot of times in situations like Backes', an agent is given permission to seek possible interest from other clubs and in some cases, work out a trade and report back.

But no one I noticed has reported on that.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
I will also add that a lot of times in situations like Backes', an agent is given permission to seek possible interest from other clubs and in some cases, work out a trade and report back.

But no one I noticed has reported on that.

good luck to wade arnott with that, hopefully they can find a solution!

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Well it would certainly make the back end bigger. But I have a bias opinion of gryz. I really like gryz. Probably like him way too much. He just so damn shifty with the puck.

I love the guy- outside the usual Bergeron suspect, he is my favorite B. Love watching him slip and slide around. He's been having a bit of an off year this year, but if the Bruins need to trade he or Krug I'd keep Gryz and I am a big fan of Krug as well. Reason is this: send Krug to Detroit for a lottery pick or something equivalent is good, Krug is going to cost a lot, hometown discount or no, and he is going to get term that will take him right to or past the edge where guys of his style typically fall off. Gryz is younger, cheaper, and better all-around than Krug even while not being in the same league offensively.

Ideally they keep both, but a lottery pick in what is projected to be a strong draft is a gift horse you might not want to look in the mouth. The Bruins get so few of those (and we should be thankful, really).

Reactions: Bodit9

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
I wonder if there could be a chance taylor hall cycles back into discussion?

he hasnt turned Arizona into a juggarnaught… and their goaltending woes might result in them dropping off the pace. will they recycle him since he hasnt agreed to resign with them?

could it make sense to them... we trade a couple depth pieces and a first and they help us with retaining some cap hit on hall?

put debrusk with coyle… good third line
put krejci with pastrnak/marchand… great first line
and then I think halls playmaking and bergerons defense gives us a GREAT second line too

I guess it wont even be close to possible unless Arizona does fall out of the race... but it has caught my imagination

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
I wonder if there could be a chance taylor hall cycles back into discussion?

he hasnt turned Arizona into a juggarnaught… and their goaltending woes might result in them dropping off the pace. will they recycle him since he hasnt agreed to resign with them?

could it make sense to them... we trade a couple depth pieces and a first and they help us with retaining some cap hit on hall?

put debrusk with coyle… good third line
put krejci with pastrnak/marchand… great first line
and then I think halls playmaking and bergerons defense gives us a GREAT second line too

I guess it wont even be close to possible unless Arizona does fall out of the race... but it has caught my imagination
Cap space might be an issue. But I think we would all love to see hall play for the Bruins. For one it would be awesome to have had hall and Seguin roll through here :p

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
The only thing I know is his camp knew this was coming down.

He's been afforded the 10 day break (bye week + all star break). I'm sure he his taking that time to discuss every possibility with his family and Wade Arnott.
I figured this is what the Bruins did was allow Backes the break and time off to ponder his future, he said he would report to the P-Bruins, but maybe if they offer him a job in the organization, he may decide to save face and call it a career on the ice.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
keep thinking backes is going to want to go out 'on top'

thats important to these team-first warrior players

theres only 1 path to going out on top that I can see

1/ backes will need to stay in game shape... so he accepts his demotion to the ahl... he is a great pro down there and company man... he gives those kids a great experience watching how a pro lives day-to-day. he shares his wisdom. I doubt he plays much because he is a health risk

2/ we reach the playoffs... roster size/cap doesnt matter anymore... we call him up like a brian gionta addition for some depth/inspiration

3/ now he will probably get at least 1 game if we are up in the series so he can go out on his own terms... we give him this chance in exchange he promises he will disappear himself from the cap next year.

… will this mean he leaves some money on the table? yeah... I think so...
… but do I think a lot of these veterns value their legacy more than another million or two?

we know a lot of guys walks away from another contract because even though they could play... its not worth it... all vetern hockey players reach the point either they cant play, or they simply say its not worth it.

most guys want to honor their contracts so you dont see many guys walk away from a signed deal... but you do see a lot of guys choose not to resign. walking away with your head held high is a very real thing that many many many guys want to do

mflo77

Jul 9, 2002
Visit site
Why are we trading for a player who is expensive and doesn't fill a need and in the process trading one of our best pieces?
doesnt fill a need?
you think a right side of Mcavoy / carlo / manson isnt far superior than what we already have ? best pieces in grz? We all tend to over value Bruins players. Grz is a trade- able and replaceable commodity.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
I don’t want the guy fired. He probably has a family that depends on him. Why can’t we just ignore his articles? How many times, after someone posts one of his opinions, the inevitable response Is “well it is Haggs after all” or “consider the source”?

Ignore him and let him earn a living.
Whoops, wrong thread.Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad