Proposal: ALL Bruins rumors/proposals VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
So your banking on a couple of prospects who chemistry aside, have both had trouble cracking NHL line-ups of less-than-stellar forward groups, to then shop 2 proven commodities (Spooner at the very least has proven he can contribute at the NHL level)?

Rychel and Koko on the 3rd line, be prepared for more "meh". Oh and expect some increased "meh" from lines 1 and 2 without Spooner and Eriksson.

This board's fascination with other team's mid-range prospects is astounding. The fact that guys here would move proven NHL young players (yes Connolly and Morrow are proven at the NHL level whether you like them or not) for a guy who hasn't made it yet and is a comparable age range blows my mind.

I am not saying I wouldn't acquire Rychel. For the right deal sure. But I certainly wouldn't overpay by subtracting from the existing roster to get him, unless were talking guys like K.Miller, Talbot, etc which I'm absolutely certain CBJ wants no part of. If a comparable mid-range prospect + a 3rd rd pick couldn't get it done, then let him wallow in the CBJ minor league system.

I like this post.

OConnellsProtege

Nov 23, 2011
I would take Drouin in exchange for a comparable prospect (Connelly lol), but that's about it. Red flags go up for me anytime anyone requests a trade for any reason outside of the coach keeping you in net after allowing 6 goals.

Drouin the Bruin? No?....I'll show myself out.

plemur

Meh.
Feb 24, 2007
Nieuw Hamster
twitter.com
Always go for proven commodities. The percentage payoff is so skewed in favor of this approach it's just pleading for failure to take another approach. Hell, sell all the picks if it brings back actual NHL players. This talk of trading for what-could-be prospects boggles my mind.

That said, if D prospects, or other later developing players can be worked into existing trade frameworks for legitimate NHL players, then so be it, but focusing trades on unproven flotsam and jetsam is a sure way to make bad trades.

I'd rather always trade an extra non top 10 pick (or 2...or 3...or prospects) to get the emerging players when they've shown they can do what you thought they would be able to do. Sure, you won't get the players as often because they tend to be held onto at that point, but you also won't waste resources chasing rainbows.

Healthy Wrap

May 15, 2014
Neely’s Kitchen
Me I am the opposite. I see drafted 1st round 3 years ago and still hasn't cracked the NHL line-up, and I'm more concerned that his development has leveled off and they are starting to hit 1st round bust territory.

You should of seen the proposals thrown around this summer for Brandon Gormley before he got dealt to Colorado. Gormley, whose got 1 assist and has been a healthy scratch for the AVs 4 of the last 9 games and a former 1st round pick. People here were willing to send ARZ Reilly Smith, a young 20 scorer, for a never-was bust like Gormley. I wouldn't even of considered that deal, and I despised Reilly Smith.

And you would think Bruins fans would know this, considering the team has drafted the likes of Hamill, Caron, and Colborne in recent years

Danton Heineken

Howard Potts
Mar 11, 2007
Fall River
If Drouin is upset with what Jon Cooper is asking of him, what do you think would happen to him here? Clode is a great coach, and he demands a lot out of his players in the other 2/3rds of the ice than the one Drouin wants to be in. He would not be successful here.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
If Drouin is upset with what Jon Cooper is asking of him, what do you think would happen to him here? Clode is a great coach, and he demands a lot out of his players in the other 2/3rds of the ice than the one Drouin wants to be in. He would not be successful here.

He would be Koko,, tearing up the AHL, doing zilch in the NHL, complaining about lack of opportunity through his agent. Some of these kids were raised wrong. My father would boot me in the rear if I ever pulled a Koko Drouin or Hamilton. Toughen up youngins, earn your ice

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
Claude has handled top prospects very well historically. Even when Seguin was demoted in 12/13 playoffs, he never lost his respect for Claude.

Danton Heineken

Howard Potts
Mar 11, 2007
Fall River
Claude has handled top prospects very well historically. Even when Seguin was demoted in 12/13 playoffs, he never lost his respect for Claude.

Clode does handle them correctly most of the time. I agree. However, if Drouin is pouting behind the scenes about Cooper, Stone Clode would eat him alive.

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown
Yeah, no kidding, all we have to show as draft picks for his entire era is Spooner and Pasternak . Granted we also drafted Seguin and Hamilton during his era but both were no brainers and are no longer with the team.

Pretty much.

And Pasta came at the "twilight" of the Chiarelli era, likely thanks to Gretzky.

Sweeney, it seems, will have more success. And probably more patience with our young talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad