All Bruins rumors/proposals: Reset and Sweenified

Status
Not open for further replies.

roflstomper

Barzal/Connor/Konecny
Sep 28, 2010
Rhode Island
Semin low risk super high reward. Just depends if he wants to make 2 mil here or 10 in Russia.

Eriksson - Krejci - Semin could be dynamite.

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Any interest in the Schenn's?

Braydon Schenn + Luke Schenn

for

Eriksson + Subban

Bruins probably need to add a little, perhaps another prospect or a 2nd round pick.

I'd say Eriksson is the best player in this trade but Braydon has more upside. Luke Schenn is a decent #3/4.

Subban would be Flyers goalie of the future (2 years away) once Mason becomes a UFA.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
What we know:

Oduya turns down a 3 year $15 million offer from the Sabres leaving many to believe he isn't about the money and will choose where he wants to play, even if it is for less.

Oduya's agent confirmed yesterday there is no chance he returns to the Hawks.

Oduya's most likely landing spot is rumored to be Dallas which will leave Franson open to collect a payday from the highest bidder.

So, the opportunity to sign Franson, IMO went by on the weekend. Bruins cannot win a bidding war for him. If they want him, best time is before Oduya signs some place.

Oh do ya believe?

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
What we know:

Oduya turns down a 3 year $15 million offer from the Sabres leaving many to believe he isn't about the money and will choose where he wants to play, even if it is for less.

Oduya's most likely landing spot is rumored to be Dallas which will leave Franson open to collect a payday from the highest bidder.

So, the opportunity to sign Franson, IMO went by on the weekend. Bruins cannot win a bidding war for him. If they want him, best time is before Oduya signs some place.

Oh do ya believe?

Do you think that we are going to make a big push for Franson now then?

I'd like Oduya to go to Dallas, San Jose pick getting stronger.

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown
What we know:

Oh do ya believe?

You snooze, you lose.

I hope if we sign someone, it's Franson and not Oduya.

Last thing we need is another aging, slowing, veteran D on an overpriced contract.

So if it's not Franson, take a pass on Oduya.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
Any interest in the Schenn's?

Braydon Schenn + Luke Schenn

for

Eriksson + Subban

Bruins probably need to add a little, perhaps another prospect or a 2nd round pick.

I'd say Eriksson is the best player in this trade but Braydon has more upside. Luke Schenn is a decent #3/4.

Subban would be Flyers goalie of the future (2 years away) once Mason becomes a UFA.

I think most people don't like the Schenn's; but I'd definitely be on board with this trade. Both guys play physical, and while Luke isn't a top pairing guy, he's a reliable top 4 guy. Both signed on the cheap for one more year.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
What we know:

Oh do ya believe?

This says it all: Too little, too late.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Do you think that we are going to make a big push for Franson now then?

I'd like Oduya to go to Dallas, San Jose pick getting stronger.

I hear they've talked, but nobody has put pen to paper so talking is, like they say, cheap.

If Oduya signs first, then Franson has a license to print money IMO. And if that's the case, the Bruins can only out bid less than a handful of teams that could use his services.

To me, the expiration date on getting him signed was the weekend. But you never know. Stranger things have happened.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
I hear they've talked, but nobody has put pen to paper so talking is, like they say, cheap.

If Oduya signs first, then Franson has a license to print money IMO. And if that's the case, the Bruins can only out bid less than a handful of teams that could use his services.

To me, the expiration date on getting him signed was the weekend. But you never know. Stranger things have happened.

I would pass on both,wait until teams are trying to get cap compliant and find a deal that no one saw coming

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

I remember you saying last weekend is our best chance to sign Franson and we missed it.

If we lose Franson and Oduya goes to Dallas then how are we going to fix our D, I guess it just leaves us with Rangers, Stepan can put them against the cap badly with his new contract.

It would be very hard to win a playoff spot with our current D roster, too many teams have gotten a lot stronger in the east. I hope Sweeney can do a miracle trade/signing.

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008
Let's also pray for a SJS tank. They missed last year and have done what...? Added Jones. Hopefully, they'll give us a top 5-8 pick too.

They also signed Martin. Still their season rest on 1.- Health, 2.- Progression from some of their younger guys to make up for regression from the older ones, and 3.- Jones playing like a #1.

If Jones falters then they're in for another showing like last year.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
I'd rather they miss on both Franson and Oduya and just get the top 7-8 pick we need after this season. Just reboot properly.

Let's also pray for a SJS tank. They missed last year and have done what...? Added Jones. Hopefully, they'll give us a top 5-8 pick too.

Serious question:

If you think the Bruins are in the 7-8 pick without Oduya or Franson in the lineup, where do you think they would end up with one of them in the lineup? How many "extra" wins do you think one of them would add?

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Serious question:

If you think the Bruins are in the 7-8 pick without Oduya or Franson in the lineup, where do you think they would end up with one of them in the lineup? How many "extra" wins do you think one of them would add?

I really don't care what they do, as long as they don't hamstring themselves with a bad player or even worse, bad contract. They need to keep the cap flexibility they got. This makes me think they should just bring up the kids and see what happens. Will anyone be mad if they don't make the playoffs?

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Serious question:

I know you didn`t ask this for me to answer but being the bully and feeling the need to be the center of attention I`ll say an additional 5-7 wins by having a vet D-man in there giving Julien the chance to keep things relatively settled on the back end

I think either added would make the D stronger, are they perfect D-men or Norris candidates? Nope, but the D would be stronger with either in the lineup IMO, Oduya really impressed me in the finals this past year

sleepyh

Jun 29, 2007
Brattleboro
How about Marek Zidlicky for a year, then go for a better long-term Dougie replacement next year, with some more salary from Kelly/Lucic coming off the books, and perhaps a few other teams squeezed against the cap. I'm not sure locking Franson up long-term is the way to go.

Chara Zidlicky
Krug Seidenberg
Irwin McQuaid
Miller/Trotman

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
I really don't care what they do, as long as they don't hamstring themselves with a bad player or even worse, bad contract. They need to keep the cap flexibility they got. This makes me think they should just bring up the kids and see what happens. Will anyone be mad if they don't make the playoffs?

I won't be mad.

I would also put the chances of them keeping both first round picks for 2016 at less then 10%.

I think they keep San Jose's and move their own pick

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
Serious question:

As they currently stand, Bruins finish around 8th

Arizona
Toronto
Buffalo
Edmonton
New Jersey
Carolina
Philly
Dallas
Boston

Something like that. Rask, Bergeron, Krejci and Marchand make us too good for bottom 5 but our defense is horrible.

With Franson or Oduya? We finish 10-12.

Not worth it. We won't be making the dance, we are at the cap and we have a worse pick. Even if the roster clicks and we do make the playoffs, we aren't going anywhere.

Unless Sweeney has something big up his sleeve, just roll with it and don't expect to compete.

gvkmedia

Let’s fight through this….
Mar 2, 2002
Kingsville
www.hollandbloorview.ca
This post will not be a revelation to anyone.
I know everyone rags on our defence but I am not too worried. It would be nice to land a top 2 or 4 guy to compliment our group but I feel our young guys are ready.
They have experience and need to build on it.

Chara needs to be better than last year.
Ditto for Sieds
McQuaid is a solid 5/6 guy
Krug is best partnered with McQuaid and eats up a lot of PP time.

For the other 2 spots - if we don't acquire one in a trade:
I thought Morrow looked ready last year - so I am guessing he makes the jump.
Trotman, from what I have read seems very close. A lot of people have him penciled in beside Chara.

Of the above 6, 3 have good transitional/foot speed and the old guys need to rely on their experience.

We also have Matt Irwin, Colin Miller and Kevan Miller who will push for a spot.
Matt and Colin have a higher ceiling than 5/6. Kevan - not so much.

What's so bad about this group? I think the competition in camp will raise the level of a few of these guys and it may even make Seids expendable.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I won't be mad.

I would also put the chances of them keeping both first round picks for 2016 at less then 10%.

I think they keep San Jose's and move their own pick

I think San Jose is the right one to keep, West is scary and if we add a strong player then our pick goes higher, it won't help San Joses' pick at all.

Arizona
Toronto
Buffalo
Edmonton
New Jersey
Carolina
Philly
Dallas
Boston

Something like that. Rask, Bergeron, Krejci and Marchand make us too good for bottom 5 but our defense is horrible.

With Franson or Oduya? We finish 10-12.

Not worth it. We won't be making the dance, we are at the cap and we have a worse pick. Even if the roster clicks and we do make the playoffs, we aren't going anywhere.

Unless Sweeney has something big up his sleeve, just roll with it and don't expect to compete.

Dallas with Sharp and Oduya are close to playoffs and better than us, if they land Oduya.

gvkmedia

Let’s fight through this….
Mar 2, 2002
Kingsville
www.hollandbloorview.ca

Arizona
Toronto
Buffalo
Edmonton
New Jersey
Carolina
Philly
Dallas
Boston

So San Jose is better than us now? Hhmmmm, I don't agree. In fact I feel there are a few other teams (Detroit, Ottawa, Colorado to name 3 more) who will also be under us at the end - even if we don't do anything else.

I am good with the rest of your list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad