All Bruins rumors/proposals: Reset and Sweenified

Status
Not open for further replies.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Would you guys think a Nick Holden for Chris Kelly trade is feasible?

Not sure the Avs are looking that way, or if you all are really in need of depth on D, but the Avs can afford the added cap this season in order to shed 2 contract years of commitment.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
Florida actually looks pretty loaded on D, I wonder if we can somehow trade for Petrovic.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Don't think Belesky signed with us to play on the 3rd line

He said that he's going to play his game no matter which line he's on... He trusts Claude in where he best fits. The 3rd line might be the best spot for him. He's big, physical, and drives the net. Spooner and Pasta are both quicker and like to dish the puck and play more of a run and gun style. Our 3rd line, if 2/3rds of it is composed of Pasta and Spooner, is going to be very offense oriented. Spooner is the setup guy who occasionally shoots, Pasta shoots and passes pretty evenly, Beleskey is all about goals. It would be a lot like the Lucic-Spooner-Pastrnak line. He'd play against lesser competition and get more offensive zone starts.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Would you guys think a Nick Holden for Chris Kelly trade is feasible?

Not sure the Avs are looking that way, or if you all are really in need of depth on D, but the Avs can afford the added cap this season in order to shed 2 contract years of commitment.

Kelly has only 1 year left and we have ton of strong D prospects and I don't like the idea of locking up 5 D spots for 2+ years when you have those prospects.
We need a top D player to make us contenders again.
So it would be a no.

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown
Please, no Semin! Guy is a lost cause.

Marshy-Bergy-Hayes
Beleskey-Krejci-Eriksson
Connolly-Spooner-Pasta
Ferlin-Talbot-Rinaldo

Kemmpo-13th

Chara-Gardiner
Seids-Morrow
Krug-McQuaid
Trotman

Rask
Smith

Kelly+Miller+2016 1st(Lottery protected)
Jake Gardiner

We're in serious trouble if Hayes-- who is really just a good big bodied 3rd liner-- is our top line RW.

Though we're already in serious trouble with this slow-as-molasses D, so I guess, no harm, really.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
So you meant a new attitude, not a new style.

I can buy that.

Yes, that is what I'm hoping for at least. I don't think the style necessarily has to change but I feel they are going to be for more aggressive this year. Last year they were just so passive. They weren't forcing the opponents hand enough.

This year they are going to be heavy and they are actually going to get to the night. The drive to crash the net last year just wasn't there outside of a select few like Loui

Patrice Krejci*

Pastafarian
Aug 12, 2014
Washington DC
I think its halarious that people don't want Semin on the first line but are okay with Hayes, do you posters even know what Hayes' negatives are? Doesn't use his size and can be uninterested. At least Semin has the arguably best wrist shot release in the league.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
We're in serious trouble if Hayes-- who is really just a good big bodied 3rd liner-- is our top line RW.

Though we're already in serious trouble with this slow-as-molasses D, so I guess, no harm, really.

Are you always this optimistic ?

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
People put too much stock into the line number, if the coach plays line 1 to 3 about the same number of minutes then it doesn't matter what line number is which.

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass
People put too much stock into the line number, if the coach plays line 1 to 3 about the same number of minutes then it doesn't matter what line number is which.

I watch other feeds to see the Bruins, in many parts of the NHL DK is the second line center to Bergeron.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009

Sigh. Can we have another conversation about the fact that the Bruins under Julien don't really roll a top line? Because it has been like three hours since I've read that.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada

Top line/bottom line is only meaningful in how lines are used and what type of icetime a player gets.

Alot of times teams will try to roll 4 lines and spread out icetime just to keep guys fresh... then mix pp/pk giving 1 or 2 guys from a line greater responsibility.

Of course guys get mixed around to spark chemistry... get demoted to encourage better effort.

Our lines are very much up in the air as of today. Im personally expecting bergeron/marchand to remain together and get the primary defensive assignment. Im hoping pastrnak/spooner get a chance to run and gun. I expect kelly/talbot/rinaldo arent good enough to play above 4th line.

Im guessing krejci and eriksson will get a tryout together but belasky could work better here.

Its not that we are penciling in anyone first line, just trying to guess at chemistry/role.

Connolly/hayes are similar guys. They will probably flip flop lines until julien feels one or the other gets more chemustry with krejci

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown
Sigh. Can we have another conversation about the fact that the Bruins under Julien don't really roll a top line? Because it has been like three hours since I've read that.

I'm not interested in either conversation, to be honest.

Pretending there's no top line works when you have two/three lines that could contend as top lines. It stops working, as it did last year, when in fact you don't have a top line, but rather three that contend as second/third lines and a fourth line that contends for the local Senior Men's League.

I'm content to see how things go with the new additions. But pretending we haven't lost top line level skill up front (Seguin/Horton/Iginla) by pointing out we actually don't have a top line because Claude doesn't roll that way, and so it's fine, is a recipe for a mediocre team moving forward.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
I'm not interested in either conversation, to be honest.

Pretending there's no top line works when you have two/three lines that could contend as top lines. It stops working, as it did last year, when in fact you don't have a top line, but rather three that contend as second/third lines and a fourth line that contends for the local Senior Men's League.

I'm content to see how things go with the new additions. But pretending we haven't lost top line level skill up front (Seguin/Horton/Iginla) by pointing out we actually don't have a top line because Claude doesn't roll that way, and so it's fine, is a recipe for a mediocre team moving forward.

Which Senior Men's League ?

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown
Which Senior Men's League ?

56107779.jpg

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
I think its halarious that people don't want Semin on the first line but are okay with Hayes, do you posters even know what Hayes' negatives are? Doesn't use his size and can be uninterested. At least Semin has the arguably best wrist shot release in the league.

Oh come on now you're really reaching :laugh: i think if he'd take a cheap as **** 1 year deal its a very low risk sign, hell i would have taken Chris Stewart at 1.7, as bad as Semin has been the last couple seasons I think if he was on a team that isnt fighting for bottom of the league his play and interst would step up but hey, just my opinion. If he played with Bergy he could only help us but meh, i dont care either way but i dont understsnd why people are so antsy everytime they see the name Semin.

jdz

May 22, 2013
According to the Sweendog: Hamilton + Lucic + Smith = 41 Goals --- Beleskey + Hayes = 41 goals

Therefore no loss. Perfect maths. Impeccable logic.

I am now not worried. :naughty:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

and plays disinterested

why after all this time would Semin now change his spots and discover the fire to play hard consistently?

Fans/Julien would be on him before camp broke

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
and plays disinterested

why after all this time would Semin now change his spots and discover the fire to play hard consistently?

Fans/Julien would be on him before camp broke

His career numbers are quite good and he is 31. Krejci needs help, Id give Semin a shot. Looked good burning the Bruins in 2012

OutspokenMinority*

Top line/bottom line is only meaningful in how lines are used and what type of icetime a player gets.

Alot of times teams will try to roll 4 lines and spread out icetime just to keep guys fresh... then mix pp/pk giving 1 or 2 guys from a line greater responsibility.

Of course guys get mixed around to spark chemistry... get demoted to encourage better effort.

Our lines are very much up in the air as of today. Im personally expecting bergeron/marchand to remain together and get the primary defensive assignment. Im hoping pastrnak/spooner get a chance to run and gun. I expect kelly/talbot/rinaldo arent good enough to play above 4th line.

Im guessing krejci and eriksson will get a tryout together but belasky could work better here.

Its not that we are penciling in anyone first line, just trying to guess at chemistry/role.

Connolly/hayes are similar guys. They will probably flip flop lines until julien feels one or the other gets more chemustry with krejci

if i have to go through another season where those on high decide that combination x,y,z is the only possible combination that can work and they fail to try essentially every combination of new guys then i'm probably going to be done.

if they decide again that, for example, Hayes *must* play alongside blah (like they did with Iginla) instead of dedicating themselves to the concept of flexibility then .... well.... i don't know what i'll do... i guess i'll probably still watch.. but i'll be shaking my head disapprovingly while they proceed to re-make that same mistake!!

you (front office/head coach/player if it applies) do *NOT*, CAN *NOT* know this in advance. DO *NOT* think that you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad