Proposal: All Bruins rumors/proposals: Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
http://www.collegehockeynews.com/news/2012/12/10_four_players_removed_from.php

Four players have been removed from Harvard's official roster and according to a report in The Crimson, some of the removals may be related to an academic scandal that swept the university late this past summer.

Max Everson, Patrick McNally and Mark Luzar were all removed from the Harvard roster last week. Stephen Michalek left the program in November and is currently playing for the Cedar Rapids Roughriders of the United States Hockey League.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
If the Monster looks good in camp and wins the back up job, we really have to consider trading Subban. Subban/McIntyre/Smith can't work in Providence and none of those 3 deserve to be playing in the ECHL.

What does Subban get us?

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
If the Monster looks good in camp and wins the back up job, we really have to consider trading Subban. Subban/McIntyre/Smith can't work in Providence and none of those 3 deserve to be playing in the ECHL.

What does Subban get us?

I would move Smith if that were the case. You can never have enough goalie depth, especially with McIntyre unproven.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
I don't think Smith gets us anything. He's a stop gap in Providence until McIntyre matures!

Subban is the guy who can net us a return.

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008
I don't think Smith gets us anything. He's a stop gap in Providence until McIntyre matures!

Who was the last goalie prospect traded who got a decent return?

The last few goalies traded who got a 1st(+) all had at minimum some limited time in the NHL with decent stats: Varlamov, Jones, Schneider. IMO until either Subban or MacIntyre develop you keep them both and hope they force you to trade Rask or one or the other. That just hasn't happened yet as Subban is still raw, MacIntyre has yet to play a single professional game, Smith is likely no better than an NHL backup at his best and Vlader is half a decade away at best.

I'm all for trading a goalie but I think you're jumping the gun by a year or two if you're hoping to maximize return while giving yourself some safe options.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I'm fine with trading Subban and trying to fill a hole, we have an elite goalie in his early prime and no idea how good Subban will end up being, but he shouldn't be traded alone, it needs to be a package deal.
Let's give Subban next year time to raise his value and get a player we need.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Boston better add help on defence or be missing playoffs.That simple.Not sure how or way to do it but know its weak as of now.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

What does Subban get us?

They could always just loan Smith to another AHL team who needs a goaltender.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts

I suspect Subban will be dealt, because Rask isn't going anywhere, JS could be the future backup, ZM could eventually be the # 1. It might prove a huge mistake, but given the circumstance, moving Subban while his stock is high but he remains unproven might net the best return.

If I could do so, I might trade Subban & prospects/picks/a roster player for a legitimate top 4 D.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
And Smith wouldn't get us much more than more AHL fodder.

And that's clearly not the point. I never understood answers like this. If you want to gouge full value, hang on to Subban. Let him build up his numbers, become a back up at the NHL level, and then entertain moving him. We then would have tremendous goalie depth throughout the system. I wouldn't even consider trading him without knowing what we have in McIntyre.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
And that's clearly not the point. I never understood answers like this. If you want to gouge full value, hang on to Subban. Let him build up his numbers, become a back up at the NHL level, and then entertain moving him. We then would have tremendous goalie depth throughout the system. I wouldn't even consider trading him without knowing what we have in McIntyre.

The point is, why move either? Subban doesn't have the value vs. upside now; and Smith gives us zero value; so it's moot.

Subban could be the missing piece for a bigger deal, but I agree, let him build up his numbers and develop, because right now, he's an unproven goalie prospect that's upside outweighs his value currently. Although give it 2 years, and it could go either way.

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
Boston better add help on defence or be missing playoffs.That simple.Not sure how or way to do it but know its weak as of now.

Their forwards are weak too. Nobody is available that will change the defence for the better. This is a rebuild year.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
The point is, why move either? Subban doesn't have the value vs. upside now; and Smith gives us zero value; so it's moot.

Subban could be the missing piece for a bigger deal, but I agree, let him build up his numbers and develop, because right now, he's an unproven goalie prospect that's upside outweighs his value currently. Although give it 2 years, and it could go either way.

I would be fine with that. But if there was a choice, you definitely keep Subban and McIntyre.

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
how does a two-way contract work IF the player is sent to the ECHL? Is it even less cash than the AHL salary or do they get their AHL salaray?
thanks

vjcsmoke

Jun 29, 2011
PS We are no longer allowed to put links in our posts or just links to that particular website?

Last edited by a moderator:

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Just read a rumor today on The Hockey Press.

PS We are no longer allowed to put links in our posts or just links to that particular website?

If a link is **************** out its considered unreputable. Essentially horse **** and not allowed as a viable rumor here.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
350.jpg

days to Opening Night

vjcsmoke

Jun 29, 2011
Ok is causeway crowd any better a source for the Erik Johnson rumor or are there no legs to it? Anybody else with their ear to the ground think there is any credibility to it? A top 4 defenseman would make a lot of sense for the Bruins but availability is probably pretty low. Although for teams with a cap crunch, it may make sense especially since his contract expires after this year.

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
If a link is **************** out its considered unreputable. Essentially horse **** and not allowed as a viable rumor here.

But how are people supposed to know which sites aren't allowed if you just star out the whole name?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad