Proposal: All Bruins rumors/proposals: Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBadBruins63*

If there's a chance of playoffs maybe you use those assets (not the 1st) to a team for a top 4 D ?

I'm comfortable in saying that this team doesn't have a chance at the cup, so even if they made the playoffs, a top 4 D isn't helping much. Keep your assets. This is why playoff possibility is a bad idea altogether. That only messes up the retool. They need one year of being ******. This is the year.

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
If there's a chance of playoffs maybe you use those assets (not the 1st) to a team for a top 4 D ?

That's exactly what I don't want this team to do... Playoffs are fun but you don't win the cup by trading accets to just make the playoffs. Keep the locks and prospects, build and then when the team has a real shot at the cup make moves and risk the future

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown

I forgot that we have John Ferguson scouting for the Bs

Maybe he's going to bring in some marquee signings for us?

On the other hand, I don't think Owen Nolan or Jason Blake are presently playing for Hawks/Philly/Isles or the Preds.

So, now I'm really puzzled.

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005
That's exactly what I don't want this team to do... Playoffs are fun but you don't win the cup by trading accets to just make the playoffs. Keep the locks and prospects, build and then when the team has a real shot at the cup make moves and risk the future

I am not saying get the Top 4 D as a rental. I'm saying use those assets to re-stock the shelves. We need the horses on the back end and a Top 4 D is certainly lacking in our core.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
I am not saying get the Top 4 D as a rental. I'm saying use those assets to re-stock the shelves. We need the horses on the back end and a Top 4 D is certainly lacking in our core.

Yep problem is identifying a youngish player who is ready to be a top 4 D that is actually available at a reasonable price. Tough to acquire if they aren't home grown without giving up a ransom.

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Franson/Santorelli returned a 1st for pete sakes. Loui is better than both those guys combined.

Actually, Nashville may be interested in a player like Loui to play with Forsberg.

if the Bruins are in the crapper come deadline day would a deal like Loui + Krug fetch Seth Jones?

amazingcrwns

drop the puck
Feb 13, 2003
Western MA
Visit site
Franson/Santorelli returned a 1st for pete sakes. Loui is better than both those guys combined.

Actually, Nashville may be interested in a player like Loui to play with Forsberg.

if the Bruins are in the crapper come deadline day would a deal like Loui + Krug fetch Seth Jones?

If Nashville is looking to make a cup run I don't think trading away Seth Jones would be something they'd entertain, no matter how fair the value might be. Trading for Jones would have to be done in the off-season unless Nashville is out of it.

rcduthie77

Mar 31, 2007
Hamilton, Ontario
He's going to cost north of $5m per on a pretty long deal IMO.

Don't see that happening.

North of $5m?

I'm not so sure about that; I'd think more along the lines of $4.75-$4.85.

I'd do that deal for 4-5 years. Loui would finish the deal between 35-36 years old.

At that point you could either move him or go year to year with him, in his last 85 games Loui is scoring at a .58PPG clip. Thats not likely to garner a long term deal north of $5m BUT for everything Loui brings, I'd happily come close to 5 to keep him on the team.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
North of $5m?

I'm not so sure about that; I'd think more along the lines of $4.75-$4.85.

I'd do that deal for 4-5 years. Loui would finish the deal between 35-36 years old.

At that point you could either move him or go year to year with him, in his last 85 games Loui is scoring at a .58PPG clip. Thats not likely to garner a long term deal north of $5m BUT for everything Loui brings, I'd happily come close to 5 to keep him on the team.

I'd rather pay Buff 6 than Loui 4.75. And I really like Loui. If you sign Loui, do you have the room to resign Marchand? Both in terms of cap and roster space with prospects coming.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

Healthy scratch L.Schenn to the rescue :sarcasm:

that trade on july 4th really worked out great for us

Oh, boy :help:
It has to be a 1st+ that we somehow turn into Chyhcrun, otherwise we are going to lose that trade baaaaaadly.

I'd rather pay Buff 6 than Loui 4.75. And I really like Loui. If you sign Loui, do you have the room to resign Marchand? Both in terms of cap and roster space with prospects coming.

Cap really shouldn't be a problem and Seids needs to be traded soon for 4M cap space(next offseason).

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Healthy scratch L.Schenn to the rescue :sarcasm:

Oh, boy :help:
It has to be a 1st+ that we somehow turn into Chyhcrun, otherwise we are going to lose that trade baaaaaadly.

Cap really shouldn't be a problem and Seids needs to be traded soon for 4M cap space(next offseason).

JFJ scouted Irwin. Be afraid very afraid.

Garywdyls

Apr 11, 2013
I'm comfortable in saying that this team doesn't have a chance at the cup, so even if they made the playoffs, a top 4 D isn't helping much. Keep your assets. This is why playoff possibility is a bad idea altogether. That only messes up the retool. They need one year of being ******. This is the year.

All this team needs is time to gel, and with that time developes the confidence. This team has shown how fast it can be, much faster than prior years. Tukka gets back his mojo, with a very good back up....

By the time the all star break rolls around, this team can be in a position to contend.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
All this team needs is time to gel, and with that time developes the confidence. This team has shown how fast it can be, much faster than prior years. Tukka gets back his mojo, with a very good back up....

By the time the all star break rolls around, this team can be in a position to contend.

We are not going to be contenders this year and we need to be patient and focus on building a new longterm contender team now.

From the Isles? No one? Really? I wish there was a way to buy out Johnny's contract from the Isles and get him back here :-(

I was thinking Flyers game.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
Maybe scouting Okposo? Not that you really need to scout him....on the D front, anyones game.

The Bs need to find someone thats ready made, that doesn't have to be nurtured up to being a good Dman. I'd still like to think the Bruins will make a push for Shattenkirk at some point. But would rather a big bodied nasty Dman with edge (I'd say Buff but his pinches and blown coverage can be average and the fact hes gonna get paiiiiiiiiiiid isnt gonna help)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad