Proposal: ALL Bruins rumors/proposals IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Wow. Have things really gotten that bad this fast in Columbus?

I think when you look at the way the Jackets finished last season and add the acquisition of Saad, there were very high expectations in Columbus this year. I know I saw a lot of "experts" picking them for the ECF's in their preseason predictions. Bob is the 2nd highest paid goalie in the NHL and seems perplexed at how to fix it. Things need to get turned around their in a hurry if they are to have any playoff hopes (only one team has ever started 0-7 and made the playoffs).

Maybe Trader Don can take advantage of the situation?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
And I actually just stopped in here to ask about whether we could get Columbus to make a desperate move. Have to imagine every team in the NHL is calling them today though.

And wasn't Todd Richards a favorite for coach of the year??? Guy could be first one gone.

Claude wasn't first and I don't think he's next either

we will see how the Bruins season goes and I haven't been at practice but they supposedly have a good vibe on and off the ice.....and when you got the vibe things go well

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008
I think when you look at the way the Jackets finished last season and add the acquisition of Saad, there were very high expectations in Columbus this year. I know I saw a lot of "experts" picking them for the ECF's in their preseason predictions. Bob is the 2nd highest paid goalie in the NHL and seems perplexed at how to fix it. Things need to get turned around their in a hurry if they are to have any playoff hopes (only one team has ever started 0-7 and made the playoffs).

My god. Personally I'd like to acquire a guy for the top-4 on defense and someone who can push Beleskey down the lineup and possibly Connolly out of it.

Don't know who Columbus would seriously consider available that fits those positions and if they're targeting futures or NHLers in return?

SpitfireIX

Jun 11, 2007
Grenville, Qc.
My god. Personally I'd like to acquire a guy for the top-4 on defense and someone who can push Beleskey down the lineup and possibly Connolly out of it.

Don't know who Columbus would seriously consider available that fits those positions and if they're targeting futures or NHLers in return?

Really wish we could get Murray from them on the cheap.

amazingcrwns

drop the puck
Feb 13, 2003
Western MA
Visit site
I'm having trouble figuring out how Boston and Columbus could match up trade wise. I guess it doesn't help that I have no clue what would actually help the Blue Jackets at this point.

Bobrovsky's .835 save percentage and 5.07 GAA isn't going to help them though.

Maybe they'd be interested in Kevan Miller or McQuaid as a stay at home presence on their blueline. Maybe Kelly or Talbot to help kill penalties and bring a little leadership.

Those'd be minor deals, and probably wouldn't be worth upsetting the locker room to make them at this point. It's worth watching though, who knows what will happen.

SpitfireIX

Jun 11, 2007
Grenville, Qc.

Ya he is probably working on trading David Pastrnak to Columbus for a 2nd round pick. Hey "its going to be like a late 1st rounder" and "Pastrnak didn't want to be here anyway" will be the sales pitch... :sarcasm:

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Ya he is probably working on trading David Pastrnak to Columbus for a 2nd round pick. Hey "its going to be like a late 1st rounder" and "Pastrnak didn't want to be here anyway" will be the sales pitch... :sarcasm:

Yeah, because so far, trading Lucic and Hamilton has worked out so poorly for him...

Also, Pasta was Sweeney's guy, he's going nowhere.

Thanks for playing though.

SpitfireIX

Jun 11, 2007
Grenville, Qc.
Yeah, because so far, trading Lucic and Hamilton has worked out so poorly for him...

Also, Pasta was Sweeney's guy, he's going nowhere.

Thanks for playing though.

It worked out well? We lost our first 3 games and are now 2-3. Who cares what the Flames and Kings do (Both teams will still finish ahead of us) its about what we do. It has not worked out well for us...

Also how is Pasta Sweeney's guy more then anyone else? Did he shift to head scout last year? Chia drafted Pastrnak and Hamilton both.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
It worked out well? We lost our first 3 games and are now 2-3. It has not worked out well for us...

Yes, because Sweeney should have re-signed a guy who didn't want to be here for $6m and then extended Lucic for more than that and everything would have been just fine in Bruin land.

Wake up. Changes needed to be made to this team and if there are short term growing pains because of it, that's the cost of progress.

ps have you been living in a cave and missed the crap-tastic starts for both 17 and 27?

SpitfireIX

Jun 11, 2007
Grenville, Qc.
Yes, because Sweeney should have re-signed a guy who didn't want to be here for $6m and then extended Lucic for more than that and everything would have been just fine in Bruin land.

Wake up. Changes needed to be made to this team and if there are short term growing pains because of it, that's the cost of progress.

ps have you been living in a cave and missed the crap-tastic starts for both 17 and 27?

So no reasoning why Pasta is a Sweeney guy despite being drafted by Chia.

I'm wide awake. It will take a strong cool-aid to get me to where your at. Sure the B's needed changes. There is no valid proof that Hamilton didn't want to be here, none just hearsay. I'm sorry if your post doesn't count as proof Hamilton wanted out. You do rebuild/re-tool/improve your team by trading a 21 year old 6-5, point scoring, smooth skating defenseman who is regarded as your most valuable chip. I would say that in regard to any team in the league doing the same thing. The return on Lucic was not as great as people think. He is still young, embodied the style of play the team identifies with and we got what will be a late 1st round pick next year, a so-so defenseman (I am not enamoured by Miller at this point but I will give him a chance its only been 5 games) and a mid-1st round pick. Your ripping Dougie and Lucic after 5 games?? That is ridiculous and you will look real smart if they turn it around... I'm betting they do turn it around this year there is still around 75 games of an 82 game season to be played.

Lord Ahriman

Oct 21, 2009

Can't see Bruins and Jackets as good trade partners because both teams are looking for better defense.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
Karri Ramo's on waivers now too, something big must be happening.

Not really, they had 3 tenders on the roster and he was horribad last night. Not that they won't do anything big, I just don't think Ramo has anything do with it.

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario

I'm wide awake. It will take a strong cool-aid to get me to where your at. Sure the B's needed changes. There is no valid proof that Hamilton didn't want to be here, none just hearsay. I'm sorry if your post doesn't count as proof Hamilton wanted out. You do rebuild/re-tool/improve your team by trading a 21 year old 6-5, point scoring, smooth skating defenseman who is regarded as your most valuable chip. I would say that in regard to any team in the league doing the same thing. The return on Lucic was not as great as people think. He is still young, embodied the style of play the team identifies with and we got what will be a late 1st round pick next year, a so-so defenseman (I am not enamoured by Miller at this point but I will give him a chance its only been 5 games) and a mid-1st round pick. Your ripping Dougie and Lucic after 5 games?? That is ridiculous and you will look real smart if they turn it around... I'm betting they do turn it around this year there is still around 75 games of an 82 game season to be played.

I didn't like either trade at the time but completely understand why both trades were made. I'm curious how Looch makes out, and although very rare wouldn't be shocked to see him return to a Bruins uniform if he struggles in L.A. As for Hamilton, although clearly not the saviour Flames fans thought they were getting I think he is clearly much better then he has shown in the games he played. I watched some of their last game and wonder if his lack of willingness to engage in the physical side of the game is really going to hurt him in the West coast. Still looks smooth as silk when skating and making a pass.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site

So I understand this correctly...the two players the Bruins dealt, who are struggling to date, will be fine. The San Jose Sharks will be a top team, based on 6 games. The players and picks the Bruins got aren't as good as they appear to be based on 5 games, and won't get better. So your position is essentially that despite what IS actually happening, everything will come around to your viewpoint, basically without exception.

That seems like a reasonable position to take.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

Hasn't it been confirmed he got the same offer from the Flames that he did from the Bruins?

Yeah he wanted out. It netted 3 high picks in a deep draft. I would rather he had wanted to stay, but he didn't. He's been a trainwreck in his own end to start the year so that is interesting to say the least, maybe his shortcomings were covered up a bit by the system.

He can end up being great too. Either way I'm over it, I'm not going to cry about a guy who didn't want to be hear (and that's more than hearsay)

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
Does anyone besides me enjoy navigating the soap opera-like culture within these forums as much as the content itself? I do. Some survive, some excel, and some are universally cast aside.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia

Judging by everything you I just read, you don't watch any Bruins games, or didn't watch any last year. Looch is dead, the guy wearing 17 is his ghost. Dougie could be great, but until he puts his body on the line, and isn't being pushed around by 5'7 170lbs kids he will remain as 'good' and we don't need a smooth skating point scoring defensemen, we have that in Krug, we needed a 6'5 young up and coming stud to take over from Chara, and he proved time and again he wasn't going to live up to that. Not with the way he plays (soft as a Kleenex)

An when he was asked what happened with Boston and he said "I don't want to talk about it, im happy to be in Calgary now" what more proof do you need? He was offered the same money if not more than Calgary to stay in Boston, a bigger role, and arguably a better chance at a cup sooner, and he kept saying no. Please tell me how its all hearsay? Or maybe just beat it, this discussion isn't going to go anywhere and im not even sure you're a Bs fan so I don't know why you're in here spouting your ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad