Proposal: ALL Bruins rumors/proposals IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Julien has a better chance of being COY than fired. The Bruins are only going to get better as they go along if 46 & 37 & 33 are healthy

Those three stay healthy 100 points folks. Sorry haters

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Julien has a better chance of being COY than fired. The Bruins are only going to get better as they go along if 46 & 37 & 33 are healthy

Those three stay healthy 100 points folks. Sorry haters

I'm not a "hater" and I'm sure you're saying it tongue in cheek, but I also don't see a 100 point team. Obviously their health is the question mark that would have a big effect, but even if they stay healthy I don't see the production on the wing or that roster on defense as a 100 point team. I think they just beat two lousy teams when they were desperate for wins, and over time we have an average-slightly above average hockey club here.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
I'm not a "hater" and I'm sure you're saying it tongue in cheek, but I also don't see a 100 point team. Obviously their health is the question mark that would have a big effect, but even if they stay healthy I don't see the production on the wing or that roster on defense as a 100 point team. I think they just beat two lousy teams when they were desperate for wins, and over time we have an average-slightly above average hockey club here.

This is an accurate assessment.

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown

I *wish* we were a 100pt team. My fear is what you point out-- that we're lousy, but not as lousy as the truly lousy teams.

So, we stumble through the season and are good enough not to draft highly, but not good enough to really contend for anything.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I *wish* we were a 100pt team. My fear is what you point out-- that we're lousy, but not as lousy as the truly lousy teams.

So, we stumble through the season and are good enough not to draft highly, but not good enough to really contend for anything.

2 years in a row, that's the worst and adding a decent 2nd pairing depth player is not going to change that.

I've accepted that we are re-tooling and that's something we had to do.
It's nice to watch this year how the kids can step up and of course when the game starts I hope we win and hate every game we lose, that's something I can't get rid of :laugh:

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
Real question:

IF Chara and Seidenberg get healthy, are we really much worse than last year?

I don't think so. I feel like Krug will soften the blow of losing Hamilton. Krug will get atleast 40 pts and play top 4 minutes. We did have both last year. But Miller can also probably get some pts and be terrible in his own end just like Hamilton!

I feel like the management believed that Hamilton had his limitations and might not fulfill his on paper potential. They deemed him expendable, and didn't throw the kitchen sink at him to get him to sign and stay, and went for the better bargain in Krug. I bet we lock up Krug to a multiyear deal for 25% less than Hamilton. Which is fine with me if it pans out that Dougie is only really a offensively gifted top 4 Dman. Alot can change with young players. But sometimes things between the ears take longer or just never develop. It was a ballsy decision, and we'll be livid if it doesn't work out.

We underachieved and frustrated last year on our way to a 96 pt season. Missing our best offensive center, best dman, and second best dman for most of the year. If Chara and Seidenberg don't get injured again (I know, it's a big if) I really don't think we've fallen off that much.

The stock is in the old guys. If it goes downhill I wonder how aggressive Sweeney will get

Last edited:

kutskova

Nov 5, 2006
Real question:

IF Chara and Seidenberg get healthy, are we really much worse than last year?

I don't think so. I feel like Krug will soften the blow of losing Hamilton. Krug will get atleast 40 pts and play top 4 minutes. We did have both last year. But Miller can also probably get like 25 pts and be terrible in his own end just like Hamilton!

We underachieved and frustrated last year on our way to a 96 pt season. Missing our best offensive center, best dman, and second best dman for most of the year. If Chara and Seidenberg don't get injured again (I know, it's a big if) I really don't think we've fallen off that much.

We won't be worse, just as bad

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

I know you're not a hater- love seeing you post super knowledgeable hockey fan

but....if I was told that 46, 37, and 33 played at least 70 games each and the over under is 100- I'd take it.

They got 96 with a stale team....they have young legs added to the mix, the od guy Chara dropped weight and sleeked out, Krejci is healthy right now...they got new progressive upbeat and high energy leadership, and some kids may be added during the year

love Lucic but he has been up and down and when he's not engaged he can pull a line down...Hamilton is the one area that hurts.

The PP with Spooner and Krug on it is electric (if the game was 4 on 4 on no body contact Ryan would be a first ballot HOF- when he has space and time look out he's that good)

I expect the D to get more comfortable and as long as Chara is back there and skating as well as he has he can allow the others to not have to do to much

the problem is if one of those 3 go down they are in trouble- the two headed monster that is Bergeron/Krejci is about as good a 200 foot duo as any in the league- very underrated; Chara still is an elite defender and the lost weight may have cost him his title for most pullups in TC but he's quicker and skating better

If they can get a good year out of Chara they are that much closer to when the kids like Carlo, Zboril, OGara, Arnasson, Grzelcyk, Lauzen start fighting for spots

I'm also not dismissing Seidenberg- I want proff he is as done as is reported in the Seidenberg thread. I got friends who lift heavy, take judo still who had that surgery and they are back doing flips, throws, rolls and squats

kutskova

Nov 5, 2006
But this year's games have been much more exciting from a fan's standpoint.
Last year was just brutal on every tier.

Your right much more entertainment than trash from last year. Just having a hard time believing a young d and unproven o will provide enough for a playoff run.

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014
I really feel like we'll be ok once we get all the D men healthy. The three left handers should be fine with Chara, Seids, and Krug. If you continue to pair McQ with Krug, and assume they're a bottom pairing, that seems pretty good to me. Chara with one of the Millers should be a fine pairing assume they progress(would prefer it be Colin, but Kevan has played well and deserves to be on the team). Seids with one of the other Millers should be fine as well, and if we could trade for a bonafide top 4 pair RH Dman, I'd feel really good about it.

ferroid

Mar 22, 2010
How is Marchand looking so far: 55-60 point prime Marchand, or 35 point Marchand? I'm struggling over whether to keep him in my fantasy league that is points only. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

bolt thrower

No war!
Aug 26, 2006
How is Marchand looking so far: 55-60 point prime Marchand, or 35 point Marchand? I'm struggling over whether to keep him in my fantasy league that is points only. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

60 point Marchand. He looks great.

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC

???

Marchy has quite literally never scored 35 points or less in a season. He had 36 in the lockout but that was 36 in 45.

But regardless he looks great. You can pretty much bank on him getting around 45 regardless but assuming our offense keeps up and he stays healthy he should be good for 50ish. He looks good enough to get more but he's always streaky.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
CBJ desperately trying to make a deal(s),

Almost everyone is available including Kerby Rychel.

Why do I mention Rychel? Koko's former line mate in Windsor where the two were magic together.

Reunite them in Boston or Columbus?

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
CBJ desperately trying to make a deal(s),

Almost everyone is available including Kerby Rychel.

Why do I mention Rychel? Koko's former line mate in Windsor where the two were magic together.

Reunite them in Boston or Columbus?

Was thinking about CBJ yesterday (post #24 in this thread) and if they might make a "panic" move or two.

Dom, what do you think they would be looking for in return for Rychel? Immediate help? Also, what do you think of Aaron Portzline's tweet about a potential deal for Adam Larsson with Atkinson + going the other way? (I posted in the Out of Town thread.)

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Was thinking about CBJ yesterday (post #24 in this thread) and if they might make a "panic" move or two.

Dom, what do you think they would be looking for in return for Rychel? Immediate help? Also, what do you think of Aaron Portzline's tweet about a potential deal for Adam Larsson with Atkinson + going the other way? (I posted in the Out of Town thread.)

I dunno Joe. I was thinking Koko going there and CBJ reuniting them.

Marchand going there? What would he bring back from CBJ along with Koko?

As for the Larsson deal, I'd have to know what the plus is. And it'd have to be a pretty big plus. Atkinson shouldn't be the mail piece going back.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I dunno Joe. I was thinking Koko going there and CBJ reuniting them.

Marchand going there? What would he bring back from CBJ along with Koko?

As for the Larsson deal, I'd have to know what the plus is. And it'd have to be a pretty big plus. Atkinson shouldn't be the mail piece going back.

Ok, gotcha.

I thought you meant Rychel coming here as opposed to Koko going there. I wonder what they would be willing to part with, and if Boston would want to expand the deal?

As far as Larsson, I'm with you. I'm not giving him up unless there is a large overpayment.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
I know you're not a hater- love seeing you post super knowledgeable hockey fan

but....if I was told that 46, 37, and 33 played at least 70 games each and the over under is 100- I'd take it.

They got 96 with a stale team....they have young legs added to the mix, the od guy Chara dropped weight and sleeked out, Krejci is healthy right now...they got new progressive upbeat and high energy leadership, and some kids may be added during the year

love Lucic but he has been up and down and when he's not engaged he can pull a line down...Hamilton is the one area that hurts.

The PP with Spooner and Krug on it is electric (if the game was 4 on 4 on no body contact Ryan would be a first ballot HOF- when he has space and time look out he's that good)

I expect the D to get more comfortable and as long as Chara is back there and skating as well as he has he can allow the others to not have to do to much

the problem is if one of those 3 go down they are in trouble- the two headed monster that is Bergeron/Krejci is about as good a 200 foot duo as any in the league- very underrated; Chara still is an elite defender and the lost weight may have cost him his title for most pullups in TC but he's quicker and skating better

If they can get a good year out of Chara they are that much closer to when the kids like Carlo, Zboril, OGara, Arnasson, Grzelcyk, Lauzen start fighting for spots

I'm also not dismissing Seidenberg- I want proff he is as done as is reported in the Seidenberg thread. I got friends who lift heavy, take judo still who had that surgery and they are back doing flips, throws, rolls and squats

You make some good point for sure. One key reason I see this team as mediocre is Seidenberg. The guy I saw last year was a third pairing guy, and my assumption was that after a full season and offseason he'd be regaining form, but he looked done to me. If he proves he can play top 4 and be excellent, as he was, then that changes things. It goes from being a young, questionable defense to one that can put a top veteran in each of the top 2 pairings and McQuaid/Krug as the 3rd, where they each belong. That's a different team.

Now all that said, I'm not even cautiously optimistic on Seids. I'll be very pleasantly surprised if he comes back as an effective top 4. It would change this team.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
And I actually just stopped in here to ask about whether we could get Columbus to make a desperate move. Have to imagine every team in the NHL is calling them today though.

And wasn't Todd Richards a favorite for coach of the year??? Guy could be first one gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad