Proposal: ALL Bruins rumors/proposals IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
In a perfect world, Byfuglien or Okposo. Andrew Ladd would be good too, but I imagine then Jets will be desperate to re-sign him.

Buff is a disaster waiting to happen, He'll be 31 by the end of the year and would want more term and more money than Loui for not being a better player. Okposo would also fit in with the current Bruins mold of ****** defense, that part is correct.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
We need to sell at the deadline, Seidenberg, Chara, Eriksson and if anyone would take K. Miller. Also in the right deals I would move at least one of Bergeron or Krejci. I think these guys best years are behind them especially Bergy, but we could move him this year and get a great haul and really build for the future.

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
We need to sell at the deadline, Seidenberg, Chara, Eriksson and if anyone would take K. Miller. Also in the right deals I would move at least one of Bergeron or Krejci. I think these guys best years are behind them especially Bergy, but we could move him this year and get a great haul and really build for the future.

I aggreed with all of your post till it came to moving Bergy. Bergeron is the one player that should be untoucable IMO

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa
First thing I would do is start listening to teams to see what I could get for Loui. St. Louis is really desperate right now and Tampa has been struggling offensively as well. What I would want to trade Loui for, and I would be willing to add pieces if needed, but is a potential top pairing defenseman(Anthony Deangelo is my personal pick). If we are going to trade players away picks are not enough, we need high end picks. Targeting teams with high end talent in the cup window is the way I see of getting this accomplished.

Secondly I would start getting rid of slow defensemen. I would see who we can ship K. Miller off to, and I would field calls for Seidenberg as well. I would keep Chara here to mentor all the young D we have until his contract runs out.

Chara-C. Miller
Krug-McQuaid
Morrow-Trotman
Cross-Deangelo

I would also hold onto Krejci until either Spooner is ready for top 6 minutes or Heinen starts really pushing for a spot. I would keep Spooner I think at some point he gets defense figured out and his speed and puck distribution are elite. I would want Bergeron, Marchand, and Chara to retire here, helping usher in the new generation of kids.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
I disagree.
Ages of Art Ross, Hart, Lindsey, Conn Smythe, Norris, over the past decade illustrate how good hockey players are good hockey players no matter their age.

You really didn't just compare Loui to the top players in the game did you?

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
First thing I would do is start listening to teams to see what I could get for Loui. St. Louis is really desperate right now and Tampa has been struggling offensively as well. What I would want to trade Loui for, and I would be willing to add pieces if needed, but is a potential top pairing defenseman(Anthony Deangelo is my personal pick). If we are going to trade players away picks are not enough, we need high end picks. Targeting teams with high end talent in the cup window is the way I see of getting this accomplished.

Secondly I would start getting rid of slow defensemen. I would see who we can ship K. Miller off to, and I would field calls for Seidenberg as well. I would keep Chara here to mentor all the young D we have until his contract runs out.

Chara-C. Miller
Krug-McQuaid
Morrow-Trotman
Cross-Deangelo

I would also hold onto Krejci until either Spooner is ready for top 6 minutes or Heinen starts really pushing for a spot. I would keep Spooner I think at some point he gets defense figured out and his speed and puck distribution are elite. I would want Bergeron, Marchand, and Chara to retire here, helping usher in the new generation of kids.

You can get more at the deadline. Maybe a week or two before. Impose a team deadline to teams calling so your not in a pinch.

Sturm

Jun 25, 2015
Virginia
This team is solid offensively. Getting Pastranak back, whenever, will help a lot to. I know everyone is thinking rebuild or reload, but if this team can just acquire a top 4 Dman I think we would win a round in the playoffs, maybe Rask gets hot and can carry you past that.

The Bruins aren't awful, like bottom 3 in the east awful. But we are in that 7-10 range as we sit, which is not good either. Why waste the prime years of Rask, Bergeron, Krejci, etc. See if you can get a legit top 4 D and try putting together a decent playoff run. The team isn't crappy enough to tank, nor should we "blow it up".

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa
You can get more at the deadline. Maybe a week or two before. Impose a team deadline to teams calling so your not in a pinch.

I'm not looking to just dump anyone, but if a can't resist deal comes up I wouldn't pass. Teams that are struggling now that were thinking they would be dominant teams might be really desperate. If we can take advantage of that I would before another team does. Of course if nothing comes up we can wait until the deadline. Just thinking Tampa or Anaheim might be more willing to deal right now than typically they would.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Let's not compare a 3x Selke winner with Eriksson, whose a very good two-way winger and a valuable player, just because their play-style have some similarities. Eriksson is no Bergeron. If Bergeron was put on the trade market 29 teams would be beating on Boston's door to get him. Eriksson while he has value I can guarantee there are some teams who would have zero interest in him unless the Bruins are about to give him away, which they aren't and shouldn't. There is no comparison between the two really.

Eriksson has been one of the best 2way wingers in his career, (wingers don't win Selkes), been a 70+ point winger 3 times in his career(vs 2) and I don't know a better winger comparable to Bergeron, he is so so damm smart player so I would say he is a winger version for Bergeron.
Bergeron is better but not by that much.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Eriksson has been one of the best 2way wingers in his career, (wingers don't win Selkes), been a 70+ point winger 3 times in his career(vs 2) and I don't know a better winger comparable to Bergeron, he is so so damm smart player so I would say he is a winger version for Bergeron.
Bergeron is better but not by that much.

Bergeron plays a complete game which includes being physical, Loui doesn't hit at all. Bergeron is a much better defensive player as well and has produced at a much better pace considering the system he plays in, Loui's 70 point season were on a top line in Dallas.

Also just watching the two players should show that Bergeron is a far more complete player than Eriksson, who has been a disappointment in Boston and has not produced at anywhere near the pace that was expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad