Proposal: All Bruins rumors/proposals: 16/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Czarnik should stay at RW for now. He's looked better there and Boston is short on quality RH shots on wing.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=123375139&postcount=40

I don't think the Bruins trade Krejci but:

Krejci + Morrow for Nelson + de Haan + 1st

then:

Spooner + de Haan + 1st for Trouba

Marchand - Bergeron - Heinen
Nelson - Backes - Pastrnak
Beleskey - Czarnik - Hayes/Nash
Schaller - Moore - Acciari

Chara - Carlo/Trouba
Krug - Carlo/Trouba
O'Gara - C. Miller/K. Miller
Liles

Eventually trade McQuaid and Hayes. Vatrano joins the 3rd line when he's healthy. I would move Beleskey, but he likely stays until he can turn it around.
Your first sentence says it all. Not only do they not trade him, he doesn't, by his own statements, want to go. NMC gives him that peace of mind.

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown
After speaking to Jets fans they would rather have:

Zboril
Lauzon
Conditional 1st

...over Spooner being included or Carlo. I'd make that move and go with:

Krug - Trouba
Chara - Carlo
Liles - McQuaid

Miller/Miller/Morrow

Just don't think that's nearly enough for the Jets. A big step down from Spooner/Carlo/1st.

You've gone from two NHL ready players and a 1st, to two question marks with potential and a conditional. No way Winnipeg does that trade.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
He's a different type of player than Carlo. It's not shocking at all Carlo is playing higher up the line-up.

You assuming a lot with McAvoy. Let's see how he does in his 2nd NCAA season before we start penciling him into the line-up next year, let alone this year.

Will Colin be exposed? Possibly.

Sweeney gave him a two-year deal for a reason. They like him even if you don't.

Perhaps, but that near 6 GAA when he and Liles are on the ice isn't putting his best foot forward.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Just don't think that's nearly enough for the Jets. A big step down from Spooner/Carlo/1st.

You've gone from two NHL ready players and a 1st, to two question marks with potential and a conditional. No way Winnipeg does that trade.

Actually they were the ones who proposed that exact deal to me over the Spooner/Carlo one. I said I'd post it here and wait for a response. They have the RHD locked up long-term but no LHD prospects in the system at all so they want Zboril and then another RHD prospect to slowly develop and bring along ala Trouba. Hence asking for both D prospects.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Actually they were the ones who proposed that exact deal to me over the Spooner/Carlo one. I said I'd post it here and wait for a response. They have the RHD locked up long-term but no LHD prospects in the system at all so they want Zboril and then another RHD prospect to slowly develop and bring along ala Trouba. Hence asking for both D prospects.

Geniuses....:laugh:

BruinsPortugal

Dec 3, 2009
Portugal
After speaking to Jets fans they would rather have:

Zboril
Lauzon
Conditional 1st

...over Spooner being included or Carlo. I'd make that move and go with:

Krug - Trouba
Chara - Carlo
Liles - McQuaid

Miller/Miller/Morrow
That's just not something you can do. You don't empty the cupboard like that for a player like Trouba I'm sorry. If Krug keeps struggling and once Chara is done you are back to square one, only now would be on the left side.

Having no prospects has left us in the position we are today, Sweeney would be dumb to put himself in the position he so desperately is trying to turn around.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Not sure why some here think Colin Miller should or will go, I think he has been very good and has taken a step forward this year. Especially on the 3rd pairing he does not hurt you, great skater, can move the puck and has a big time shot. Liles is only here because he is a vet LD that Claude loves. I really want to see both McQuaid and Kevan Miller traded, I love when McQuaid stands up for his teammates and he can drop them with anyone, but beyond that he is not that useful and K. Miller is a turnover machine, get rid of them and keep guys like Colin around for a little while longer, unless of course he is part of a deal for Trouba where we keep Carlo then that is different.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Perhaps, but that near 6 GAA when he and Liles are on the ice isn't putting his best foot forward.

What does this mean? They've been on the ice for 6 goals against out of the 24 the Bruins have allowed, or 25%? Considering there are only 3 pairs that seems good, not great, but good.

He's an even player his last 6 games.

Meanwhile a supposed strong defensive player in McQuaid, is a minus 4 in the last 4 games.

But hey, that Colin Miller should have no future here. :shakehead

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
What does this mean? They've been on the ice for 6 goals against out of the 24 the Bruins have allowed, or 25%? Considering there are only 3 pairs that seems good, not great, but good.

He's an even player his last 6 games.

Meanwhile a supposed strong defensive player in McQuaid, is a minus 4 in the last 4 games.

But hey, that Colin Miller should have no future here. :shakehead

Colin has played well...so fast to get back and defend. That's what the new NHL covets...and bruins need badly.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Colin has played well...so fast to get back and defend. That's what the new NHL covets...and bruins need badly.

Not trying to detail the trade thread, but the number of posters who want him out of the line-up or don't see any improvement in his game, or a future as a Bruin, are ridiculous.

I will say this, if he could be packaged with Spooner and a 1st for Trouba, as much as I like Colin Miller's game, with Carlo having arrived, you add in Trouba, and still have McQuaid and Kevan here, you know full well with this coach, Colin would be the one sitting, so I'd move him in that instance. Even though the Bruins would be better off keeping him and saying adios to the two dinosaurs McQuaid and Kevan.

And Spooner + Colin + 1st is more than fair value for Jacob Trouba. Although most Jets fans will disagree.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Jets lost again tonight and in 10 games they have 8 pts, feel the pressure Jets fans. The asking price on Trouba should drop with every week they continue to slide out of the west. The team should and cannot have K. Miller and McQuaid on the same side in depth, one has to go. They need to get O'Gara the same experience as Carlo. One of Colin and Morrow also needs to go. If they add a mid age top 4 guy then it will settle it. Chara and Liles will be gone soon. Its a young mans game now might as well jump in before the next wave is ready to join them. Sweeney is building the next core moving forward but needs the experience gap solved.

Don't count on it.

Denis Potvin said he talked to Chara yesterday morning and Chara said that he "wants to continue playing when his current contract expires. Looks at Jagr as inspiration."

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Don't count on it.

Denis Potvin said he talked to Chara yesterday morning and Chara said that he "wants to continue playing when his current contract expires. Looks at Jagr as inspiration."

Doesn't mean it has to be in Boston though right?

That isn't a knock on his play - I think he's been solid this year. But if he wanted to add on a few seasons at the same cost I wouldn't do it. He'd need to take a sizeable pay cut IMO.

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
Don't count on it.

Good for him. Tougher to do in his position, but if we get the poor ******* some help, you could extend it to a degree - in the right slot, too, of course.

zaYG

Nerevarine
Jun 29, 2012
Santa Cruz, CA
Doesn't mean it has to be in Boston though right?

That isn't a knock on his play - I think he's been solid this year. But if he wanted to add on a few seasons at the same cost I wouldn't do it. He'd need to take a sizeable pay cut IMO.

If Chara takes a pay cut you definitely keep him around.

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Chara can easily play as a bottom paring guy for years. I'd keep him around on a year by year basis until he can't play anymore.

The man is a legend and a great leader. And as long as he is around, nobody can mess with any of our young dmen.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
If Chara takes a pay cut you definitely keep him around.

His cap hit falls to 4 mil next year.

IMO he's a bruin as long as he wants to be.

DwlVx.jpg

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
I'd absolutely re-sign Chara after his current deal expires....with a far lower cap hit, and making sure he's not playing top pair minutes anymore.

Love the player and what he's done for this franchise, and I absolutely think he could be an effective defender for a few more years, as long as his TOI is limited.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
His cap hit falls to 4 mil next year.

IMO he's a bruin as long as he wants to be.

DwlVx.jpg

First time seeing this pic. Pretty cool.

I think the previous poster means the season after his current contract ends.

Chara still a Bruin in 2018-19 and possibly beyond?

It's going to come down to so many factors.

How much money does he want, even on a 1-year deal.

What's his role going to be, and what role would he accept? Is he OK playing 16 mins a night on the 3rd pair?

How good is he in two years time? Maybe he's still a Top 4 guy like he is today. Maybe he's not.

Did he get injured along the way?

Is he willing to go anywhere else if it means continuing his career?

What does Boston have coming up? How deep are they at LD at that point in time.

That being said, if the number is right, and the guy wants to play AND can still play, I don't have any problems with Chara as a Bruin in 2018-19 if that is the case.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
This is not meant as a slight to Z in any way, but two years is a long time.

Chara has looked better with Carlo, but before I am bringing him back, let's see what he looks like at the end of NEXT season.

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014
Agree with everyone on the Chara front. At a reduced cap hit, he's a fine player. My only issue with him right now is the pay. He's been fine this year and has clearly worked on his footwork. Having Carlo has definitely helped. If he's winning to come back a less money, you definitely take him. But if Zboril, O'Gara, Lauzon, Lindgren and Krug are all ready to play and contribute he may have to move on, especially if his skills and speed erode.

Edit: In regards to C. Miller, I don't really understand where the hate is coming from. You can argue that he's been our 3rd best defender this year, behind Chara and Carlo. He can run the PP, has a big shot, great skater, and his game is definitely better than last year.

I agree, if Winnipeg asks for Spooner, C. Miller, and a 1st for Trouba, you make that deal. Now the RH future looks even brighter with McAvoy, Carlo and Trouba. But to say we should just cut him or sit him is not the answer.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Chara can easily play as a bottom paring guy for years. I'd keep him around on a year by year basis until he can't play anymore.

The man is a legend and a great leader. And as long as he is around, nobody can mess with any of our young dmen.

3rd pairing should be a place to develop prospects and not throw them into top4 spots right away while trying to be a good team.
Zboril, Lauzon, I'd like to see them start their career in the 3rd pairing.

TMac21

Save us Sweeney
May 21, 2003
Chara at 3 mil a year or so would be good, but I'd worry how much Claude would keep using him as his effectiveness diminished.

don

Aug 31, 2002
Nashua, NH
My worry about Chara this year is that he'll run out of gas again. It's still early in the year and he is being used quite a lot but we don't have anyone close to being a LD first pairing guy. I would like to see us get 2 first pairing players, one for each side, then move both he and Carlo to the second pairing. That would cut their minutes plus reduce the quality of the opposition they play against making it easier on the rookie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad