Proposal: All Bruins rumors/proposals: 16/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Spooner's name the one that keeps coming up in trade talks for Jakub Trouba, although he has only one goal and one assist so far, according to sports net.

According to Nick Kyprios, Jets are asking for Spoons, Carlo and a draft pick, something the Bruins are rejecting.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Spooner's name the one that keeps coming up in trade talks for Jakub Trouba, although he has only one goal and one assist so far, according to sports net.

According to Nick Kyprios, Jets are asking for Spoons, Carlo and a draft pick, something the Bruins are rejecting.

After speaking to Jets fans they would rather have:

Zboril
Lauzon
Conditional 1st

...over Spooner being included or Carlo. I'd make that move and go with:

Krug - Trouba
Chara - Carlo
Liles - McQuaid

Miller/Miller/Morrow

BlackCrowes

Sep 10, 2014
Sunny Old Lyme

Zboril
Lauzon
Conditional 1st

Krug - Trouba
Chara - Carlo
Liles - McQuaid

Miller/Miller/Morrow

That would be a great deal for the Bruins... one could only hope!

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014

Zboril
Lauzon
Conditional 1st

Krug - Trouba
Chara - Carlo
Liles - McQuaid

Miller/Miller/Morrow

The only thing I don't like about Trouba is that he's right handed. I think for this year it's fine, but the future is certainly bright on the right with Carlo, McAvoy, and C. Miller. Plus you have the contracts of McQ and K. Miller. Would much rather we trade for a great LHD with package like that.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
The only thing I don't like about Trouba is that he's right handed. I think for this year it's fine, but the future is certainly bright on the right with Carlo, McAvoy, and C. Miller. Plus you have the contracts of McQ and K. Miller. Would much rather we trade for a great LHD with package like that.

I think Colin Miller is slowing being pushed out by Carlo. Still really early but I'd prefer Colin Miller in over McQuaid on games when you know the speed will be the issue and not the physical play.

SpitfireIX

Jun 11, 2007
Grenville, Qc.
Just pure talk but I wonder if Boone Jenner is someone who could be had. Would love a Spooner for Jenner trade. Torterella is a bone head and probably doesn't know how to play a guy like Jenner. The guy has been a gamer everywhere he has played. Would look good on the wing on the second line. He brings jam and he can score.

Also if any deal with the Jets did happen I wouldn't mind Lowry coming back the other way. Big physical guy who isin't a terrible skater. We could dump Hayes and his salary and replace him with a more courageous player in Lowry.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

Colin Miller is not part of the future.

SpitfireIX

Jun 11, 2007
Grenville, Qc.
I think Colin Miller is slowing being pushed out by Carlo. Still really early but I'd prefer Colin Miller in over McQuaid on games when you know the speed will be the issue and not the physical play.

I like Carlo, Mcquaid and Miller down the right side. Its the left side after Chara that is suspect. We aren't winning anything with JML on our team. The guy was spent back when he played for Toronto. Issues will arrive when Kevan Miller returns because they will most likely put Colin Miller in the press box. Colin Miller has quietly been one of our better defense man. He has been better at keeping the puck in on the pp, something Krug struggles at, and he has been stuck with Liles riding shot-gun for an extended period. We need a legit left handed defense man who can stand up in his own end or someone who can play the left side.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Just pure talk but I wonder if Boone Jenner is someone who could be had. Would love a Spooner for Jenner trade. Torterella is a bone head and probably doesn't know how to play a guy like Jenner. The guy has been a gamer everywhere he has played. Would look good on the wing on the second line. He brings jam and he can score.

Also if any deal with the Jets did happen I wouldn't mind Lowry coming back the other way. Big physical guy who isin't a terrible skater. We could dump Hayes and his salary and replace him with a more courageous player in Lowry.

Spooner isn't a Torts guy.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I like Carlo, Mcquaid and Miller down the right side. Its the left side after Chara that is suspect. We aren't winning anything with JML on our team. The guy was spent back when he played for Toronto. Issues will arrive when Kevan Miller returns because they will most likely put Colin Miller in the press box. Colin Miller has quietly been one of our better defense man. He has been better at keeping the puck in on the pp, something Krug struggles at, and he has been stuck with Liles riding shot-gun for an extended period. We need a legit left handed defense man who can stand up in his own end or someone who can play the left side.

Guess which Bruin d-man leads the team in 5 on 5 goals allowed per 60?

edit: I'll give you a hint... he also leads the Bruins in that stat over the past 4 seasons combined (min 3000 minutes)

edit 2: He is also 9th in the entire NHL in that 4 year time period

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

Zboril
Lauzon
Conditional 1st

Krug - Trouba
Chara - Carlo
Liles - McQuaid

Miller/Miller/Morrow

Boy that leaves you in a terrible place on the LHD moving foward, both Chara an Liles are at the end of their career. You better hope Lindgren makes is as a top 4, and I guess O'Gara as the 3rd pairing guy

SpitfireIX

Jun 11, 2007
Grenville, Qc.
Guess which Bruin d-man leads the team in 5 on 5 goals allowed per 60?

Not a big advance stats guy. Goals per 60, corsi all of the advance stats in hockey have been around for awhile and many of them don't hold water. Does goals per 60 show who a player was playing with, who they played against, how often they started with the puck via a face-off win, who was in net, etc? The advance stats we have right now have been around for a while and simply have become en vogue as a result of their success in baseball. You play hockey with a goaltender and for some reason the quality of a goalie has yet to be factored into most advance stats which is exactly why Carey Price single-handily turns all advance stats on their head. When Kevan Miller is an advance stats darling and Kris Russell is seen as a poor defense man, yet Russell makes 3 million, has led the league in blocked shots and is a big trade deadline pickup, you know something is wrong with the validity of advance stats.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Boy that leaves you in a terrible place on the LHD moving foward, both Chara an Liles are at the end of their career. You better hope Lindgren makes is as a top 4, and I guess O'Gara as the 3rd pairing guy

Those are the exact two I had in mind. Right now I'm hoping for those two and Zboril so subtract one and gain the assurance of Trouba who has already established himself and my worries about the right side of Carlo, McAvoy, Miller, McQuaid and Miller gets a lot easier with the thought of the next decade having Trouba, McAvoy and Carlo as the right side in Boston.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
What makes you say this?

I think he is Matt Bartkowski. He has been passed by Carlo this year. He will get passed by McAvoy next year, if not when BU's season ends. If O'Gara wasn't waiver exempt, I think he would be in the lineup over Colin, right now. If the Bruins add a d-man (or perhaps if they don't), Colin will be exposed in the expansion draft. I don't think he would be selected.

pierre gagnon*

Mar 15, 2013
St. Catharines
Jets lost again tonight and in 10 games they have 8 pts, feel the pressure Jets fans. The asking price on Trouba should drop with every week they continue to slide out of the west. The team should and cannot have K. Miller and McQuaid on the same side in depth, one has to go. They need to get O'Gara the same experience as Carlo. One of Colin and Morrow also needs to go. If they add a mid age top 4 guy then it will settle it. Chara and Liles will be gone soon. Its a young mans game now might as well jump in before the next wave is ready to join them. Sweeney is building the next core moving forward but needs the experience gap solved.

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014
I think he is Matt Bartkowski. He has been passed by Carlo this year. He will get passed by McAvoy next year, if not when BU's season ends. If O'Gara wasn't waiver exempt, I think he would be in the lineup over Colin, right now. If the Bruins add a d-man (or perhaps if they don't), Colin will be exposed in the expansion draft. I don't think he would be selected.

For me, I think the skills are there. Great skater, big shot. Just needs to gain experience and confidence and probably some strength. But as a 3rd pairing D behind McAvoy and Carlo, I think he could be great. Assuming they don't add a D, I think they certainly protect him. Chara, Krug and ?? is the current set. No reason to protect Liles, McQ or K. Miller.

Also, I know O'Gara played the right side in a few games, but I think he's better suited on the left, and could actually be a great partner for C. Miller going forward.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Not a big advance stats guy. Goals per 60, corsi all of the advance stats in hockey have been around for awhile and many of them don't hold water. Does goals per 60 show who a player was playing with, who they played against, how often they started with the puck via a face-off win, who was in net, etc? The advance stats we have right now have been around for a while and simply have become en vogue as a result of their success in baseball. You play hockey with a goaltender and for some reason the quality of a goalie has yet to be factored into most advance stats which is exactly why Carey Price single-handily turns all advance stats on their head. When Kevan Miller is an advance stats darling and Kris Russell is seen as a poor defense man, yet Russell makes 3 million, has led the league in blocked shots and is a big trade deadline pickup, you know something is wrong with the validity of advance stats.

Kevan Miller isn't an advanced stats darling by any means, he has one good ability borne out by the stats: the ability to prevent shots from in close, and I don't think the eye test disputes that at all. Russell also got stuck with a one year deal in a week free agent class, so I'm not sure he is a great argument for you. I honestly don't consider goals allowed while you are on the ice to be that controversial. Especially when the same results happen year after year. Obviously, we all know that historically Krug got put in the easiest position possible, but that hasn't been the case for a while now. Regardless, I don't think we are going to see eye to eye on Krug in either thread :).

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Not our problem once he is in Columbus. Torts isin't the GM. If Jenner doesn't work maybe they role the dice. None of us know what could happen. Columbus has made some bone-head moves no reason for them not to make another one.

They aren't alone....:amazed::sarcasm::laugh:

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

He's a different type of player than Carlo. It's not shocking at all Carlo is playing higher up the line-up.

You assuming a lot with McAvoy. Let's see how he does in his 2nd NCAA season before we start penciling him into the line-up next year, let alone this year.

Will Colin be exposed? Possibly.

Sweeney gave him a two-year deal for a reason. They like him even if you don't.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
For me, I think the skills are there. Great skater, big shot. Just needs to gain experience and confidence and probably some strength. But as a 3rd pairing D behind McAvoy and Carlo, I think he could be great. Assuming they don't add a D, I think they certainly protect him. Chara, Krug and ?? is the current set. No reason to protect Liles, McQ or K. Miller.

Also, I know O'Gara played the right side in a few games, but I think he's better suited on the left, and could actually be a great partner for C. Miller going forward.

Not to mention you need at least two D at minimum who aren't completely lost on the PP.

They have Krug, Colin is the other for the time being. And probably next year as well unless they go out and get another D-man.

It's funny how many complain about Chara on the PP, yet those same people want Colin out of the line-up.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=123375139&postcount=40

I don't think the Bruins trade Krejci but:

Krejci + Morrow for Nelson + de Haan + 1st

then:

Spooner + de Haan + 1st for Trouba

Marchand - Bergeron - Heinen
Nelson - Backes - Pastrnak
Beleskey - Czarnik - Hayes/Nash
Schaller - Moore - Acciari

Chara - Carlo/Trouba
Krug - Carlo/Trouba
O'Gara - C. Miller/K. Miller
Liles

Eventually trade McQuaid and Hayes. Vatrano joins the 3rd line when he's healthy. I would move Beleskey, but he likely stays until he can turn it around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad