Proposal: All Bruins Proposals/Rumors Again - II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa
I'm definitely in the boat of we need to find an upgrade to Seidenberg, find essentially the prime Seids equivalent. I also believe we need to turn McQuaid and K. Miller into one defenseman, and right now I would rather keep K. Miller. Brodin is definitely along the lines of what to look for, I would hate to lose Spooner though, as he is the only young center that could play top 6 minutes for us anywhere close to the NHL.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Please, just say no to Yandle. If the B's want him they can sign him as a FA in the off season. I don't want Sweeney to waste assets on a band-aid for this team, because I don't believe they are legit contenders even if they add a Top 4 D.

I would be interested in a guy like Brodin (or similar), but the problem is (as it relates to this team) is that teams are not going to trade players like that away in season for futures. This team is not deep, so whatever you are giving up to get Brodin will leave a hole that needs to be filled. Robbing Peter to pay Paul. I'm all for the Bruins getting a young Top 4 D, but for the longer term.

tburns21

Jul 22, 2015
Dom's hinting at trouba to bruins for Koko, trotman, conolly, kempainen and a 6th rnd pick :)

OnTheFly12

Feb 17, 2012
If you don't have twitter, now might be a good time to get it. News breaks faster there than anywhere else.

Might come in handy this week. (stress: might)

Any recommended people/twitter handles we should be following?

I have some of the usual suspects, McKenzie, Dreger, etc. I even have Kirk and Haggs but looking for more suggestions of course!

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Any recommended people/twitter handles we should be following?

I have some of the usual suspects, McKenzie, Dreger, etc. I even have Kirk and Haggs but looking for more suggestions of course!

Your good then. How could you not follow me though? :laugh::laugh:

Seriously though, I don't put that out on twitter anyway so your all good.

But don't sit by twitter today.

All I can say is I've heard something is close, and someone else I trust very much has heard the same.

tburns21

Jul 22, 2015
Your good then. How could you not follow me though? :laugh::laugh:

Seriously though, I don't put that out on twitter anyway so your all good.

But don't sit by twitter today.

All I can say is I've heard something is close, and someone else I trust very much has heard the same.

can you at least let us know if you mean something is close involving the bruins?

tburns21

Jul 22, 2015
who's up for switching the debate around?

sign Loui for 4yrs 6M per and we look at trading marchand? what you say?

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site

No way! Sweeney needs to re-sign Marchand 6 x 6. I love Eriksson and everything he brings to the table, but he is probably gonna want a 5 year deal at 6 million per season and rightfully so, however, this is too rich for the Bruins imo.

Unfortunately I don't think the Bruins get anything for him and he walks as a UFA. If the Bruins fall way out of it, which I don't see happening than he will be traded.

That being said, Sweeney should go real hard for Jimmy Vessey. He'd slide right into Eriksson's spot nicely imo.

gvkmedia

Let’s fight through this….
Mar 2, 2002
Kingsville
www.hollandbloorview.ca
If you go back to Kirk’s article, the Bruins need a stop gap top pairing defenceman to take minutes away from Chara and help out in the immediate. To me that is 30 years old or less (4 or 5 good years left). Right handed shot preferred.

Sound like someone on Winnipeg?

So, what to send back. How about our UFA (Eriksson) + Camara + K.Miller and a 4th round pick for Buff and Stafford? If the Bruins need to send more salary back to make it work – replace the pick (or just add) Connolly (1.1 million) or Hayes (2.3 million). Take out Connolly/Hayes and the pick and just get Buff. No Stafford.

It may not be the most popular decision on this board but it makes sense.

What if you want Trouba and keep Eriksson? First of all – I am not sure Winnipeg would even entertain offers on Trouba – but Dom is right. It would take Pasternak + Camara + 1 of C.Miller/Morrow + a pick.

I would do the 2nd scenario myself but I am not convinced Winnipeg would even consider it.

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008

The upside to this is that I wouldn't have to take medication to fall asleep. I'd just watch the games.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
If you go back to Kirk’s article, the Bruins need a stop gap top pairing defenceman to take minutes away from Chara and help out in the immediate. To me that is 30 years old or less (4 or 5 good years left). Right handed shot preferred.

Sound like someone on Winnipeg?

So, what to send back. How about our UFA (Eriksson) + Camara + K.Miller and a 4th round pick for Buff and Stafford? If the Bruins need to send more salary back to make it work – replace the pick (or just add) Connolly (1.1 million) or Hayes (2.3 million). Take out Connolly/Hayes and the pick and just get Buff. No Stafford.

It may not be the most popular decision on this board but it makes sense.

What if you want Trouba and keep Eriksson? First of all – I am not sure Winnipeg would even entertain offers on Trouba – but Dom is right. It would take Pasternak + Camara + 1 of C.Miller/Morrow + a pick.

I would do the 2nd scenario myself but I am not convinced Winnipeg would even consider it.

In all honesty can anyone see the Jets trading Trouba and keeping Buff? That's the type of move that comes back to bite in a cap world. I can see Trouba if his ask is too much being moved for say Hamonic +, but not keeping and re-signing Buff just to move the significantly younger player in Trouba.

Now some might say the Preds choosing to keep Weber and moving out Jones is kind of similar, but the stars had to align perfectly to convince the Preds to move Jones. It was the return they were offered (an age-comparable bonifide big-bodied No.1 C) that convinced them to move Jones, not a case where he was being shopped because they didn't think they could afford him.

As for Buff, the Bruins giving up quality young assets to bring him in is a mistake IMO.

One, I question how a freelancer like Buff would fit into Julien's system.

Two, the cost for him as a rental is too high. I would suspect the Bruins if he was acquired was for the intention of re-signing him. Given his age, weight, and general perceived (right or wrong) lack of fitness, he's a huge risk to sign to a deal taking him to 35-36 years old.

gvkmedia

Let’s fight through this….
Mar 2, 2002
Kingsville
www.hollandbloorview.ca
As for Buff, the Bruins giving up quality young assets to bring him in is a mistake IMO.

One, I question how a freelancer like Buff would fit into Julien's system.

Two, the cost for him as a rental is too high. I would suspect the Bruins if he was acquired was for the intention of re-signing him. Given his age, weight, and general perceived (right or wrong) lack of fitness, he's a huge risk to sign to a deal taking him to 35-36 years old.

Eriksson (UFA) + Camara (B level prospect at best) + K. Miller (redundant on our team) for Buff is fair.

I agree the questions about the Julien system, fitness etc are worth serious consideration but when Dom and others drop hints that someone on the Jets could be heading our way - this is the scenario I feel works best for both teams... right or wrong. The Bruins want to "open up" and play an offence oriented game - this guy does that - to a fault sometimes.

I would only like it because you are left with a better defence after the trade and you have the following pairs to work with up front in your top 9:

Bergy - Marchand
Krejci - Belesky
Spooner - Pasta

Sprinkle in Vatrano, Hayes, Connolly and Ferraro where needed and your offence should be fine. There is room for improvement but you will still have a lot of assets to work with to find a forward.

BruinsPortugal

Dec 3, 2009
Portugal
Eriksson for Buff??
Not sure i like that, actually i dont think Buff is what we are missing on defense. Is anyone really ok with giving Buff 7M next year?

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
I keep seeing people mention Trouba and Byfuglien, but I doubt WIN moves Trouba and the cost to acquire big buff isn't worth it imo.
If you want a guy to eat minutes, that will have a cheaper hit than Byfuglien after free agency... and would slot in our top 4 easily, it's Toby Enstrom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad