Proposal: All Bruins Proposals/Rumors Again - II

Status
Not open for further replies.

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast
I'm relying on friends for this information but they are much better at this than me- and Heinen and JFK are two guys there is lots of love. Folks that don't get overly excited are gushing over these two. based on their track record for these things I am pretty stoked they think these two have a chance to be very good Bruins

Will say that I've been going to quite a few Terriers games these past few weeks, and JFK looks awesome. Grezlyck looks good too; would be a shame if the Bruins let him go to FA this summer.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Yeah, I'm a little hesitant the more I think about it. I remember a time when I would have divvied busy assets for Cam Barker... also an erratic defenceman with great physical tools. Is Dumba another Barker?

Cold feet.

Then there's always the question as to how much better a player turns out with better coaching.
I think we'd all agree that Claude does well developing defensemen. So if a kid has tools, I'm comfortable giving Claude a chance to develop him.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Then there's always the question as to how much better a player turns out with better coaching.
I think we'd all agree that Claude does well developing defensemen. So if a kid has tools, I'm comfortable giving Claude a chance to develop him.

They've developed Scandella, Spurgeron and Brodin, I think they have the talent for that, and Dumba was drafted for his offensive skills.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household

But it does affect his value.

I wonder if his 15 minutes/night would constitute the Wild considering him a "future" asset? If they could net a guy to take over Dumba's time on ice while improving their forward ranks, they may treat trading the young defenceman as no different than trading a high pick/prospect.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I would probably do the Dumba trade. I would try to make it a 2nd and add a prospect, but I like Dumba.

The Buff trade... That's CRAZY overpayment for a rental. No way.

Less than Lucic got. Top pairing D > top line wing. But, sure, if you can make that deal for less, do it. The point is the willingness to sacrifice the picks and Loui for Dumba and Buff.

OConnellsProtege

Nov 23, 2011

Okay. Off the board proposal.

Eriksson for Niederreiter.

Gives the Bruins a young player, signed through next season at reasonable money. A dude who plays a lot like Beleskey. Gives the Wild an instant boost to their forward lines.

If Loui doesn't sign, I do this. I'm not sure about Minnesota, not like Nino is a waste of a roster spot or anything. He's a pretty solid player.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

Gives the Bruins a young player, signed through next season at reasonable money. A dude who plays a lot like Beleskey. Gives the Wild an instant boost to their forward lines.

Interesting, still like the Wild to toss in a pick as well for that though

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008

IF we can't get Loui re-signed reasonably not completely against it.

If we can somehow parlay Eriksson into an Erat for Forsberg type deal (perhaps a prospect another team isn't as high on as they should be?); wouldn't be against that either. Although the Niederreiter move would be more beneficial for the now.

Mr. Make-Believe

If Loui doesn't sign, I do this. I'm not sure about Minnesota, not like Nino is a waste of a roster spot or anything. He's a pretty solid player.

What this does for the Wild though, is allows them to add that top-six forward to their crew without giving up the big asset. If they wanted to replace Nino on the third line, it's a lot cheaper cost than going for that big fish. Also, only adds about buck and half to their Cap.

In other words, it makes their trade deadline a whole hell of a lot easier and whole hell of a lot cheaper.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

He looks like a career 3rd liner, and I'd rather target potential top talent.

And again they'd still likely see Eriksson as a rental and would rather have both for playoff run.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
They've developed Scandella, Spurgeron and Brodin, I think they have the talent for that, and Dumba was drafted for his offensive skills.

True..but nor all players respond the same to their coaches.

Mr. Make-Believe

Interesting, still like the Wild to toss in a pick as well for that though

IF we can't get Loui re-signed reasonably not completely against it.

If we can somehow parlay Eriksson into an Erat for Forsberg type deal (perhaps a prospect another team isn't as high on as they should be?); wouldn't be against that either. Although the Niederreiter move would be more beneficial for the now.

This started as a thought that if we gave them a defensemen to replace Dumba's minutes, it may be enough to consider an Eriksson for Dumba kind of deal. Hence my "Dumba as futures" comment earlier.

But the more I thought about it, the more unsold I am on Dumba. That he may actually represent a short-term downgrade on Kevan Miller or Trotman and I'm not cool with hurting our forwards AND our defense just for a future asset. I want the Bruins to still be competitive THIS season.

With the knowledge that he plays either side of the ice and brings a lot of the same things to the table as Beleskey, I wonder if Niederreiter wouldn't actually just be a better fit for the team straight up? It also affords the Bruins that cap flexibility to re-sign Krug and be a player in free agency if they choose to. Nino would be a bridge forward who fits the identity that Sweeney is trying to build here and we may have the ability to add him without subtracting long-term assets. We can instead use those assets (cap space, picks, prospects) to focus on fixing the defense.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
This started as a thought that if we gave them a defensemen to replace Dumba's minutes, it may be enough to consider an Eriksson for Dumba kind of deal. Hence my "Dumba as futures" comment earlier.

But the more I thought about it, the more unsold I am on Dumba. That he may actually represent a short-term downgrade on Kevan Miller or Trotman and I'm not cool with hurting our forwards AND our defense just for a future asset. I want the Bruins to still be competitive THIS season.

With the knowledge that he plays either side of the ice and brings a lot of the same things to the table as Beleskey, I wonder if Niederreiter wouldn't actually just be a better fit for the team straight up? It also affords the Bruins that cap flexibility to re-sign Krug and be a player in free agency if they choose to. Nino would be a bridge forward who fits the identity that Sweeney is trying to build here and we may have the ability to add him without subtracting long-term assets. We can instead use those assets (cap space, picks, prospects) to focus on fixing the defense.

sounds good to me

Lord Ahriman

Oct 21, 2009

No thanks. Nino is just another inconsistent 3rd liner. Imo, they can't take less than a 1st and a top prospect.

Lord Ahriman

Oct 21, 2009

Not trading Eriksson and adding, let's say, Nino and Edler?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad