Feb 27, 2002
I only just tuned in, are they booing?

Edit: guess not after announcing Joshua as the winner

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
Lol the cards were stupid. Of course.

The fight was very close, I would have given Joshua the win by a couple of rounds, but not a convincing performance. Rounds were hard to judge, as both guys sat in the pocket but didn't really seem to have conviction to throw.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
Boxing is boxing and the fights that the promoters want to happen will happen. Wilder vs Joshua is going to be a thing, Joshua didn't do a whole lot tonight to convince me that he could defeat wilder, who I think is the favorite at this point.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I can see why they can't get the fight put together. In the US, it's going to have to be on PPV, which isn't going to fly if the fight has to happen in the UK, which I think it should.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
I can see why they can't get the fight put together. In the US, it's going to have to be on PPV, which isn't going to fly if the fight has to happen in the UK, which I think it should.
If I was wilder I wouldn't have any reservations going to the UK to fight Joshua. Fight won't go to the cards and he's not a proven ppv draw.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
If I was wilder I wouldn't have any reservations going to the UK to fight Joshua. Fight won't go to the cards and he's not a proven ppv draw.
That was my concern, but it's still the biggest match that anybody can put together right now. Maybe it's the state of the sport, but that is usually a PPV event. If it's a 50/50 purse, the money should more than make up for what they'll lose at a gate by not having it in Wembley.

But I am definitely for having it in the UK, the atmosphere will be better. And I like these 5pm fights as opposed to 11pm.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
so canelo knew he lost the first fight and tried to cheat for the second

now they won't fight until next year most likely when GGG will be another year older. bold

amj h

Apr 11, 2018
Disappointing. I thought Canelo had a chance. First fight wasn't one sided IMO.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
His earliest KO in nearly four years. I know this guy hadn't fought in a few years, but he has a decent fighting resume. I think when GGG fights good fighters, he has a more cautious approach. I think he could knock all of them out, whether its Alvarez, Jacobs, etc, but they could put up a competitive fight against him if he just goes for the KO. Other fighters, they have no chance, so he goes for the KO, and the fight is over quickly. Even with a cautious approach, he outboxes Jacobs, Alvarez, and should still win the fights, so I think he's okay with not KO'ing them, if he wins the fight. Not a bad strategy, although I guess it didn't exactly work against Alvarez, but that was a clear victory. Not his fault about the judging.

Dialamo

Fire Rogalski Hire Pepe
Jul 7, 2007
Montreal, QC, Canada
His earliest KO in nearly four years. I know this guy hadn't fought in a few years, but he has a decent fighting resume. I think when GGG fights good fighters, he has a more cautious approach. I think he could knock all of them out, whether its Alvarez, Jacobs, etc, but they could put up a competitive fight against him if he just goes for the KO. Other fighters, they have no chance, so he goes for the KO, and the fight is over quickly. Even with a cautious approach, he outboxes Jacobs, Alvarez, and should still win the fights, so I think he's okay with not KO'ing them, if he wins the fight. Not a bad strategy, although I guess it didn't exactly work against Alvarez, but that was a clear victory. Not his fault about the judging.
118-110 Canelo best scorecard ever.

The 114-114 scorecard was arguably pretty bad too, since a round that GGG clearly won was scored for Canelo instead. (7th round I think?)

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Hopefully GGG comes out and absolutely KO's that little ginger bitch Canelo into the next stratosphere this time.

Sadly I could see this fight ending controversially *again* just so they can set up a Canelo/GGG III and make it a trilogy.

Reactions: Dialamo

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
This is supposed to be the return of the golden era of Welterwights and we are not getting the fights that fans want. Danny Garcia, Spence, and Thurman are all under the PBC brand. What's the excuse of them not fighting each other? Crawford should be fighting at least two of those.

Reactions: Dialamo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad