Boxing: All boxing discussion

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Half way through, and Fury is outboxing Wilder. Looks like I may have gotten this one wrong, but there is a long ways to go.

Ten rounds in. Despite getting the only knockdown in the fight so far in round 9, Deontay needs a knockout to win now.

My god, what a final round. Wilder came within a millisecond of knocking out Fury, but he got up and held on and was moving forward at the end. Incredible that he survived those punches.

Last edited:

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
Wouldn't be surprised if that was staged. Wilder couldn't hit him all fight, lands one right and Fury is on the ground for 9 seconds?

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
Draw.

Don't agree, Fury won, the two knockdowns saved Wilder.

Since it's boxing I'll throw out it smells pretty fishy to me, not sure how one judge could give Wilder the win by as far as he did. I don't think that having it as a draw is that farfetched with two 10-8 rounds, but 115-110 is pretty out there.

Reactions: Dialamo

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
Canelo-GGG was a draw. This is a draw. You can see how badly boxing needs viewers that it affects the result. I wouldn't be surprised if this fight was staged for a knockdown in the 12th round. Fury's eyes were open at 4 seconds, but it took him 9 to get up...

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
That judge with the 115-110 Wilder score is one of many reasons why I do not pay to watch big boxing fights.

Great sport that’s dying because of the terrible people who run it.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
Canelo-GGG was a draw. This is a draw. You can see how badly boxing needs viewers that it affects the result. I wouldn't be surprised if this fight was staged for a knockdown in the 12th round. Fury's eyes were open at 4 seconds, but it took him 9 to get up...

Naw I've seen plenty of "knockdowns" in my time, that was clean as shit. Fury got clocked.

I'ts not about needing viewers, it's about the fact that promoters run the game and it's harder to promote a fighter once he's lost, especially a fighter that's basically seen as a Little Mac Star punch gimmick by a lot of people. Wilder's team probably worked hard to make sure it was extremely hard for him to lose on the cards.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
Last thought I'll throw out there before bed...

The same people that did Julio Cesar Chavez vs Pernell Whitaker are the same people that largely still run boxing today. Even if it's not those guys specifically, it's 100 other guys that came up in their model.

Just because it's 2018 doesn't mean shit, the game is still as dirty as it ever has been.

CartographerNo611

Oct 11, 2014
Thought Fury won the first 8 rounds with maybe 1 going to Wilder. That lost knock down was insane, cant believe Fury got up. Not too mad about the draw but that one judge who had if for Wilder... come on brah.

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007

Do you watch much Boxing? it's pretty normal for guys to take longer than they need to get up. You'll hear the corner actively encouraging them to do so.

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
Gypsy King got absolutely boned. He's the best heavyweight in the world, he ate the kill shot from Wilder and got up from it. He won that no question.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
What a f***ing fight. Fury was definitely robbed. Incredible how good he looked though after being off for 3 years snorting coke and getting blasted and ballooning to 400 lbs. He looked even better than he did against Wlad IMO, at least from rounds 1-11.

That f***ing sequence at the end, when he was on the canvas like that I thought it was done. I have never seen something like that in my life, it legit looked like something out of a movie.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
How do you even become a judge for MMA or Boxing?

Seems a lot of them are high AF.
UFC is at least way better than boxing.

Boxing is a f***ing joke because the promotions pay the judges, and ultimately the judges will favour the fighter who is a big draw and will line their pockets with more money from big cards and major PPV events. Canelo being the best example, he's a cash cow with Golden Boy. This is why I NEVER bet on boxing, way too risky.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
yeah fury should've won 100% but wilder is one hell of a fighter too

anthony joshua is quaking in his boots right now

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Adonis Stevenson is apparently in a critical condition.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->