Boxing: All boxing discussion

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018

I am not sure if Tyson should take him up on this.

On the negative side, a Tyson vs. Paul fight would make Paul filthy rich. Even more than he already is. That would be a bad thing.

On the positive side, I think Tyson would knock him out. Even at 55 years old. I don't think Logan Paul would survive a Tyson uppercut.

I really wish Mayweather had knocked this guy out. I can only guess that Mayweather was under some agreement to not knock him out.

Reactions: Prominence Problem

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Maestre-Fox judge Gloria Martinez Rizzo has history of racist Tweets

Even in a year chock-full of garbage judging, Gabriel Maestre’s unanimous decision “victory” over Mykal Fox last Saturday stands out, and it looks like the situation’s only going to get uglier from here.

Members of the boxing media soon discovered that Gloria Martinez Rizzo, who turned the most egregious scorecard (117-110 for Maestre), has a history of racism and a conflict of interest.

BoxingScene’s Corey Erdman compiled a thread of her lowlights, which include calling former first lady Michelle Obama “monkey face” and demanding the death of Black Lives Matter co-founder Patrisse Cullors. Erdman also confirmed that the account, which was deleted after this content was unearthed, belonged to Martinez, as the WBA had previously tagged her when granting her “Female Judge of the Year” in 2019.

These aren’t ancient Tweets, either; these were just last year.

In addition, Dan Canobbio revealed that she’s married to WBA executive Ricardo Rizzo, and PBC’s Marcos Villegas claims that a WBA official was in Maestre’s corner. Maestre, a former Olympian, was the clear A-side, while Fox was a late-notice replacement for Cody Crowley.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
His footwork was gone and any head movement was nowhere to be seen.

Hell of a fight for a guy who’se 42, but he should hang em’ up after this IMO.
Yea the lack of footspeed is what really surprised me. I was waiting for him to pick an angle and start attacking Ugas but it never really happened. I don't expect him to fight again

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Yea the lack of footspeed is what really surprised me. I was waiting for him to pick an angle and start attacking Ugas but it never really happened. I don't expect him to fight again

Even any angle work from Pac was non-existant.

I’m just happy there wasn’t any bullshit with the judges and cards. A fairly called fight = a win for us all

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
What the f*** was the point of that silly Belfort/Holyfield fight last night?? :shakehead:shakehead:help:

No wonder Holyfield got smoked in the 1st round. He’s almost 60 and maybe has a quarter of a brain left….

Jugitsu

Dec 24, 2016
Finland
Joshua looking better these past two rounds. First 3 rounds where definitely Usyk’s.

edit: could be 3-3 after 6.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
I was expecting him to get robbed. Glad they got it right. Big win for Usyk, hope he fights the Fury/Wilder winner next but a rematch with Joshua would be good too.

Reactions: Jugitsu

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad