Prospect Info: All American Prospects Game-September 24-FNC-Buffalo, NY.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
And now a late PP for team Roenick. Calling the Kunin hatty to tie it up again.

E: Welp. Swing and a miss. Shorty EN goal to seal the deal.

Cirris

Nov 10, 2006
Crackport
It's crazy to me that last year this was one of the games I was most excited for before the season. This year I couldn't care less.

You should still be somewhat excited. Sabres have 11 draft picks in the upcoming draft. we'll most likely be snagging 1 or 2 of the guys playing tonight.

Ghills23

Young Guns
Aug 12, 2006
Buffalo
You should still be somewhat excited. Sabres have 11 draft picks in the upcoming draft. we'll most likely be snagging 1 or 2 of the guys playing tonight.

I'm more excited for the Sabres pre-season/regular season. Once we draft the guys then I'll be more excited about them. It would be much different if Matthews was playing in the game. Matthews along with Tkachuk/Jones/Bellows would've peaked my interest a bit more.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Team Plante Defeats Team Roenick 6-4 - CCM/USA Hockey All-American Prospects Game - USAHockey.com - Thursday, September 24 -

Buffalo, NY - Team Plante defeated Team Roenick, 6-4, in the 4th annual CCM/USA Hockey All-American Prospects Game here tonight at the First Niagara Center in Buffalo, New York. Luke McInnis (Hingham, Massachusetts/Youngstown Phantoms), who notched two points, including the game-winning goal, earned Player of the Game honors.

Luke Kunin (Chesterfield, Missouri/University of Wisconsin) opened the scoring for Team Roenick just :10 after the puck dropped when he skated in on net and converted on a wrist shot. At 4:16, Team Plante evened the score as Max Jones (Rochester, Minnesota/London Knights) collected a backhanded pass from William Knierim (Skokie, Illinois/Dubuque Fighting Saints) and tapped the puck in at the right post. Team Roenick closed the first period at 2-1 when Tim Gettinger (North Olmsted, Ohio/Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds) redirected a shot by Michael Campoli (Ann Arbor, Michigan/United States National Under-18 Team) from the blue line at 9:59.

Trent Frederic (St. Louis, Missouri/United States National Under-18 Team) and Logan Brown (Raleigh, North Carolina/Windsor Spitfires) gained the lead for Team Plante in the second frame, but Team Roenick’s Matthew Tkachuk (St. Louis, Missouri/London Knights) and Kunin responded with a pair of tallies :10 apart to make it 4-3. Their two goals were the quickest by one team in CCM/USA Hockey All-American Prospects Game history. At 13:23 of the third period, Jones scored his second goal to knot the score 4-4.

With 1:50 left on the scoreboard, McInnis tallied a power-play goal off a feed from Charlie McAvoy (Long Beach, New York/Boston University) to give Team Plante the lead. Kieffer Bellows (Edina, Minnesota/United States National Under-18 Team) put away an empty-netter with :31 remaining to seal the 6-4 win for Team Plante.

http://www.allamericanprospectsgame.com/news_article/show/557423?referrer_id=

Boxscore - Team Plante 6 Team Roenick 4 - http://www.allamericanprospectsgame.com/game/game_sheet/11277403

Tkachuk Impresses With Three Points For Team Roenick - Nick Veronica - USAHockey.com - Thursday, September 24 -
http://www.allamericanprospectsgame.com/news_article/show/557468?referrer_id=

Last edited:

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY

Colorado Springs, Colorado - The Philadelphia Flyers and Wells Fargo Center have been selected to host the fifth annual CCM/USA Hockey All-American Prospects Game. The game will take place on Thursday, September 22, with opening faceoff set for 7:00 pm ET.

The CCM/USA Hockey All-American Prospects Game includes two teams made up of the top American-born prospects eligible for the 2017 NHL Entry Draft. Standouts Jack Eichel (Buffalo Sabres), Noah Hanifin (Carolina Hurricanes), Dylan Larkin (Detroit Red Wings) and Seth Jones (Columbus Blue Jackets) are among the current NHL stars that have played in the game previously.

To date, 74 alumni of the CCM/USA Hockey All-American Prospects Game have been drafted into the NHL, highlighted by 15 first-round selections. Previous host sites for the CCM/USA Hockey All-American Prospects Game include Buffalo, New York (2012, 2014, 2015) and Pittsburgh (2013).

http://www.usahockey.com/news_article/show/625129?referrer_id=752796

Last edited:

Slangston

Buffalo Sabres
Apr 3, 2003
Western New York
I'm thinking the poor attendance from the previous All-American Prospects Game here was a cause of concern for USA Hockey and it probably factored big-time in their decision to take the game elsewhere. Hopefully this game can catch on nationally as I think it's a decent event to showcase for some of this country's best hockey talents.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00