Prospect Info: All American Prospects Game-September 24-FNC-Buffalo, NY.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
2015 CCM/USAH All-American Prospects Game Roster Named - USAHockey.com - Wednesday, August 26.

Colorado Springs, Colorado - USA Hockey announced today the 42 players who will compete in the fourth annual CCM/USA Hockey All-American Prospects Game set for September 24 at First Niagara Center, home to the National Hockey League’s Buffalo Sabres.

Each year the CCM/USA Hockey All-American Prospects Game assembles the top United States players who are eligible for the upcoming NHL Entry Draft. Following last year’s game, 26 players that participated in the contest went on to be chosen in the 2015 NHL Entry Draft, including seven first-round selections.

Among the four goaltenders are Evan Sarthou (Black Diamond, Washington), who backstopped the United States Men’s National Under-18 Team to a gold medal at the 2015 IIHF Men’s Under-18 World Championship and Stephen Dhillon (Buffalo, New York), who skated for the United States Under-18 Select Team at the 2015 Ivan Hlinka Memorial Cup. (LaxSabre - Stephen is currently a goaltender for the Niagara IceDogs of the Ontario Hockey League.)

For the complete roster, click here.http://www.allamericanprospectsgame.com/page/show/2071925-game-details-2015-ccm-a

For more information or to purchase tickets to the event, visit AllAmericanProspectsGame.com. (LaxSabre - Buffalo Sabres STHers get their seats free for this game. Tickets go on sale to the general public on Tuesday, September 1. Ticket prices will be announced later. My season tickets will be available for this game - going to ask my fellow STHer who sit next to me if they want the tickets. If they don't want them - I'll offer them free online here as long as you buy at least one Sabres regular-season game from me.)

Notes - Head coaches for the game will be announced in early September. CCM-designed uniforms will be unveiled in mid-September.
The Buffalo Sabres and First Niagara Center are hosting the CCM/USA Hockey All-American Prospects Game for the second consecutive year and third time overall.
Last year, Team Grier defeated Team Olczyk - 6-3. In 2012, Team McClanahan beat Team Housley - 5-2 - in the inaugural event.

http://www.allamericanprospectsgame.com/news_article/show/547255?referrer_id=641381

Last edited:

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Kris Baker ‏@SabresProspects -
WNY products Stephen Dhillon (Niagara/OHL) and Griffin Luce (NTDP) among the talented crop of draft eligible prospects named to #AAPG roster.

Goalie - Stephen Dhillon - 6'4 - 180 - 9/14/1998 - Left Handed - Buffalo, NY. - Niagara IceDogs (OHL).
Defenseman - Griffin Luce - 6'3 - 215 - 3/10/1998 - Left Handed - Williamsville, NY. - United States National Under-18 Team - University Of Michigan (Big Ten).
(LaxSabre - I think Griffin is either the son or nephew of former Sabre great - Don Luce.)

Full rosters for the 2015 All-American Prospects Game can be found here - http://www.allamericanprospectsgame.com/page/show/2071925-game-details-2015-ccm-a

LaxSabre - Other familiar prospects playing in the game - Alex DeBrincat who played with Nick Baptiste - Dylan Strome - Connor McDavid with the Erie Otters last season.
Matthew Tkachuk who is former NHL great Keith Tkachuk's son. JD Greenway who I think played in last years game.

Last edited:

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Bellows - Tkachuk - DeBrincat Named To All-American Game Roster - Wednesday, August 26 - NHL.com

Kieffer Bellows, Matthew Tkachuk, Alex DeBrincat are among the top 2016 NHL Draft prospects that have been invited to play in the 2015 CCM/USA Hockey All-American Prospects Game.
The game, which will feature 42 of the top draft-eligible American-born players, will be played September 24 at First Niagara Center in Buffalo.

Center Auston Matthews, considered the frontrunner to be the first pick of the 2016 draft, was not invited to the game.
He is playing this season with ZSC in Switzerland's top professional league - their season starts September 9.

Bellows, a 6-foot, 198-pound center, will play for USA Hockey's National Team Development Program this season and is committed to Boston University for the 2016-2017 season.
Last season with the Sioux Falls Stampede of the United States Hockey League, Bellows was fifth in the league with 33 goals and was named USHL Rookie of the Year.
He had 52 points in 58 regular-season games, and 9 goals and 12 points in 12 playoff games.

Tkachuk, a 6-foot, 188-pound left wing, will play for the London Knights of the Ontario Hockey League this season.
Playing with the NTDP last season, Tkachuk had 38 goals and 96 points in 65 games.
He also had a tournament-high 10 assists in 7 games to help the United States win the gold medal at the 2015 IIHF World Under-18 Championship.

DeBrincat, a 5-6, 150-pound center with the Erie Otters of the OHL, led all OHL rookies with 51 goals, 53 assists and 104 points.
He was named the rookie of the year in the OHL and the Canadian Hockey League.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=777650&navid=nhl:topheads

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
WNY products Stephen Dhillon (Niagara/OHL) and Griffin Luce (NTDP) among the talented crop of draft eligible prospects named to #AAPG roster.

Goalie - Stephen Dhillon - 6'4 - 180 - 9/14/1998 - Left Handed - Buffalo, NY. - Niagara IceDogs (OHL).
Defenseman - Griffin Luce - 6'3 - 215 - 3/10/1998 - Left Handed - Williamsville, NY. - United States National Under-18 Team - University Of Michigan (Big Ten).
(LaxSabre - I think Griffin is either the son or nephew of former Sabre great - Don Luce.)

Full rosters for the 2015 All-American Prospects Game can be found here - http://www.allamericanprospectsgame.com/page/show/2071925-game-details-2015-ccm-a

LaxSabre - Other familiar prospects playing in the game - Alex DeBrincat who played with Nick Baptiste - Dylan Strome - Connor McDavid with the Erie Otters last season.
Matthew Tkachuk who is former NHL great Keith Tkachuk's son. JD Greenway who I think played in last years game.
Luce is the grandson of Don and Greenway's brother Jordan participated last year.

From my quick glance through the 2015 AAPG roster, a quarter have legit NHL ties: Mitch Eliot (father), Ben Gleason (cousin), Griffin Luce (grandfather), Luke McInnis (father), Kieffer Bellows (father), Logan Brown (father), Max Jones (father), Graham McPhee (father), Tage Thompson (father), Matthew Tkachuk (father).

Brown's one of those flip-flopping dual-citizens that can't make up his mind on CAN or USA. Him, Bellows, Jones, Keller, Krys, McAvoy, and Tkachuk are commonly thought of as first-rounders in preliminary rankings.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
@usahockey - Head coaches for the 2015 CCM/USA Hockey All-American Prospects Game will be announced tomorrow at 1:30 pm ET. #AAPG

LaxSabre - Wonder which former Buffalo Sabre will be coaching one of the teams this year?

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
‏@usahockey - Plante and Roenick named head coaches for 2015 CCM/USA Hockey All-American Prospects Game! #AAPG

Derek Plante (Cloquet, Minnesota) - a Stanley Cup champion who spent eight years in the NHL/six with the Buffalo Sabres and is now a developmental coach for the Chicago Blackhawks.
Jeremy Roenick (Boston, Massachusetts) - a current studio analyst for the NHL on NBC Sports who played 20 years in the NHL and is a member of the United States Hockey Hall of Fame.
will serve as head coaches for the fourth annual CCM/USA Hockey All-American Prospects Game on September 24 in Buffalo, New York.

Danton Cole (Pontiac, Michigan) - head coach for USA Hockey’s National Team Development Program Under-18 Team - will serve as an assistant coach to Plante.
Chris Luongo (Fraser, Michigan) - assistant coach for USA Hockey’s National Team Development Under-18 Team - will serve as an assistant coach to Roenick.

http://www.allamericanprospectsgame.com/news_article/show/551617?referrer_id=641381

Ticket Prices - 100 Level/200 Level - $10.00 - 300 Level - $7.00.

Sabres Season Ticket Holders - The CCM All-American Prospects Game is included in your Season Ticket package at no additional charge.
To ensure maximum attendance, tickets must be requested at www. sabres .com/usa by Wednesday, September 16 - 5:00 pm ET.
If you do not request your seats by the deadline we will donate your tickets to a local charity or youth hockey organization.

Last edited:

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Sabres Season Ticket Holders - The CCM All-American Prospects Game is included in your Season Ticket package at no additional charge.
To ensure maximum attendance, tickets must be requested at www. sabres .com/usa by Wednesday, September 16 - 5:00 pm ET.
If you do not request your seats by the deadline we will donate your tickets to a local charity or youth hockey organization.

If you requested your seats for the game last week or perhaps earlier this week - the Sabres have started to send them out - you should get the tickets either today or on Saturday.
I received mine in the mail this afternoon. (My tickets are offered for purchase - check the Sabres Ticket thread here for details.)

WNY Hockey Prospects

Mar 24, 2013
Rochester, NY

Dhillon is going to get a lot more playing time this year in Mississauga. Big frame and he moves very well in the net. Struggled a bit last year but that's a big jump from U16 hockey straight to the OHL, especially for a goaltender

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
@usahockey - Rosters set for Teams Plante and Roenick for 2015 CCM/USAH All-American Prospects Game #AAPG -

Colorado Springs, Colorado - USA Hockey today unveiled the rosters of Team Plante and Team Roenick.
Former National Hockey League players Derek Plante (Cloquet, Minnesota) and Jeremy Roenick (Boston, Massachusetts) will each coach a team.
The event will feature 42 of the top American-born prospects eligible for the 2016 NHL Entry Draft.
The game is slated for September 24 in Buffalo, New York, at First Niagara Center, home of the NHL’s Buffalo Sabres.
The game will include five players from New York - Stephen Dhillon (Buffalo) - Adam Fox (Jericho) - Luke Kirwan (Dewitt) - Charlie McAvoy (Long Beach) - Tage Thompson (Oyster Bay).

LaxSabre - Click on the link below for the rosters. Yeesh, you couldn't make it simple for the fans in attendence and have the local boy Dhillon be a goalie for Team Plante?

http://www.allamericanprospectsgame.com/news_article/show/553602?referrer_id=641381

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY

To ensure maximum attendance - tickets must be requested at www. sabres .com/usa by Wednesday, September 16 - 5:00 pm ET.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
USA Hockey announced today that NHL Network will broadcast the fourth annual CCM/USA Hockey All-American Prospects Game on Thursday, September 24 -
LIVE from the First Niagara Center in Buffalo, New York - the home of the NHL's Buffalo Sabres. Coverage begins at 7:00 pm ET.

LaxSabre - Well theres goes selling my tickets or just getting rid of them for free - people are going to now be able to stay home watch the game on the telle.

The broadcast team will include NHL LIVE co-hosts Steve Mears, who will provide play-by-play, and EJ Hradek, who will serve as game analyst.
Brian Duff - studio host for the Buffalo Sabres and co-managing editor of Sabres.com - will serve as the sideline reporter.

LaxSabre - Kudos to Brian Duff for getting the sideline reporter gig for the game.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Sabres Hockey Hotline - Friday, September 18 - WGR 550 AM.

The second hour features a phone call from Jeremy Roenick, who will be in Buffalo on Thursday to coach one of the CCM/USA Hockey All-American Prospects teams.
J.R. also gave his thoughts on the Sabres’ improvements and the Patrick Kane situation.

Jeremy Roenick Interview - http://sabres.nhl.com/v2/ext/2015-16 Season/Hockey Hotline/20150918-hh-roenick.mp3

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
If anyone wants to go - $7 for both of my tickets - Section 327 - Row 10 - Seats 11 and 12 - so its buy one get one as 300 Level tickets cost $7 each.
PM me your email address and I'll send them via email. I'll leave ya my email address and you can pay me via Pay Pal.

Update - Tickets sold - Thanks RPaxton.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille