Prospect Info: All American Prospects Game-September 24-FNC-Buffalo, NY.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
I don't follow prospect rankings closely. Where do these players rank in terms of preliminary rankings on what round they could be drafted?

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Six players competing in the game are A-rated prospects or potential first-round picks according to NHL Central Scouting's Preliminary Players Watch List - Sept 2015.

Matthew Tkachuk - Max Jones (London Knights-OHL) - Kieffer Bellows (NTDP-USHL) Alexander DeBrincat (Erie Otters-OHL) -
Riley Tufte (Fargo Force-USHL) - Charlie McAvoy (Boston University-Hockey East).

Bellows, the son of former NHL player Brian Bellows, will play for Team Plante.
The 6-foot, 196-pound left wing was fifth in the USHL last season with 33 goals for the Sioux Falls Stampede.
He also had 52 points in 58 regular-season games and was named USHL Rookie of the Year.

Tkachuk, the son of former NHL player Keith Tkachuk, will play for Team Roenick.
The 6-1, 195-pound left wing had 38 goals and 96 points in 65 games with the NTDP U-18 team last season.
He also had a tournament-high ten assists in seven games for the United States at the 2015 IIHF World U-18 Chamionship.

Tkachuk will be joined on Team Roenick by DeBrincat, a 5-6, 150-pound center.
DeBrincat led OHL rookies last season with 53 goals, 51 assists and 104 points, and was named rookie of the year in the OHL/CHL.

McAvoy will be one of the top defense prospects playing in the game.
The 5-11, 206-pound right-shot defender was part of the gold-medal winning United States team at the World U-18 Championship.
He had seven goals and 40 points in 63 games for the NTDP U-18 last season.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=780055&navid=DL|NHL|home

Last edited:

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
I don't follow prospect rankings closely. Where do these players rank in terms of preliminary rankings on what round they could be drafted?

Jones and Tkachuk both seem to be consensus top 10 picks atm. Brown is a guy I've seen some lists put in the top 10 and some have dropping into the 2nd round (or nearly so). Bellows, Gettinger, Krys, McAvoy, Kirwan, Kunin, Greenway, Debrincat, and Keller are all guys who have a chance to be 1st-2nd round picks. Looks like this could shape up to be a strong year for American prospects. (And, of course, that's ignoring Matthews since he's not participating in this tournament.)

Ghills23

Young Guns
Aug 12, 2006
Buffalo
It's crazy to me that last year this was one of the games I was most excited for before the season. This year I couldn't care less.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
If anyone wants to go - $7 for both of my tickets - Section 327 - Row 10 - Seats 11 and 12 - so its buy one get one as 300 Level tickets cost $7 each.
PM me your email address and I'll send them via email. I'll leave ya my email address and you can pay me via Pay Pal. Update - Tickets sold - Thanks RPaxton!

Unfortunately due to an illness RPaxton is unable to use my tickets to the game. So my tickets are back up for sale. If anyone wants them - $7 total - pm me your email address and I'll send them to you via email. (I'll leave my email address and you can pay me later via Pay Pal or check.) The deadline to send the tickets out via email is 5:00 pm ET so if your interested - pm me way before that - at least a half-hour - just in case there are problems on either end with emails etc.

Update - Sigh - noone took me up on the tickets - oh well - no harm done as they didn't cost me anything to begin with.

Last edited:

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Jones buried a 2-on-1 pass from Knierim to even it up. After corralling a big rebound, they just out-raced everyone down the ice on a quick counter. White's starting goalie Parsons took a puck high and came out of the game, meaning more TOI for the Buffalo native and Niagara IceDog Stephen Dillon.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
This was more fun the year I took my son. I've had a helluva time staying interested I hate to say. :biglaugh:

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Scoring extravaganza while I went to make myself a sandwich. 4-3 team Roenick. I think the goals came from Brown, Tkachuk, and Kunin.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Scoring extravaganza while I went to make myself a sandwich. 4-3 team Roenick. I think the goals came from Brown, Tkachuk, and Kunin.

Tkachuk was from his knees, impressive body control. Nice touch pass to his buddy Kunin for Kunin's second.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Just saw both replays. Those were niiice. Kunin's got a quick release, and an accurate shot.

He does and while I hated on Tkachuk's dad for... well... forever, he's got a great combination of skills. Enjoying seeing him trying to set the table for his other linemate just now too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad