TBN: All-American Prospects game returning to Buffalo 2014 and 2015

Revelate

Apr 10, 2011
Is that confirmed? Because I think its likely something more substantial then that. Moving from Ann Arbour is possible.

pretty much.

---
Pat LaFontaine and Ted Black from the Sabres will be on hand at 11:30 am in the Atrium for the announcement. USA Hockey will be represented by Dave Ogrean the executive director of USA Hockey and Jim Johansson the assistant to the executive director.

Sources have indicated to 2 On Your Side's Adam Benigni that the news conference is to announce the return of the prospects game that Buffalo originally hosted back in 2012.

www.wgrz.com/story/sports/nhl/2014/...ajor-announcement-tuesday-in-buffalo/4446105/

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
Is that confirmed? Because I think its likely something more substantial then that. Moving from Ann Arbour is possible.
No, sorry, just my opinion.

Then again, the last major announcement involving the Sabres actually was major. Maybe they've learned their lesson on calling things "major" that really aren't.

edit: Or maybe it is [confirmed] :laugh:

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
pretty much.

---
Pat LaFontaine and Ted Black from the Sabres will be on hand at 11:30 am in the Atrium for the announcement. USA Hockey will be represented by Dave Ogrean the executive director of USA Hockey and Jim Johansson the assistant to the executive director.

Sources have indicated to 2 On Your Side's Adam Benigni that the news conference is to announce the return of the prospects game that Buffalo originally hosted back in 2012.

www.wgrz.com/story/sports/nhl/2014/...ajor-announcement-tuesday-in-buffalo/4446105/

How can that possibly be "substantial"

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
USA Hockey Press Conference (1/14/14) at 11:30 AM EST

[NHL]536705[/NHL]
Watch the live stream of the press conference held at First Niagara Center featuring USA Hockey & the Buffalo Sabres.

Insomniac99

Oct 26, 2006
Orchard Park, NY
pretty much.

---

I just can't possibly see that as constituting the "significant" tag they keep throwing around.

KennyFnPowers*

How can that possibly be "substantial"

just like the "Craig Patrick" part of the GMTM presser, they're probably holding at least another card on this deal, eh?

I think Black might be the guy leading the controlled news leakage at this point, he's a vet PR guy. Give em' something to chew on, but save a little for the show.

Insomniac99

Oct 26, 2006
Orchard Park, NY
just like the "Craig Patrick" part of the GMTM presser, they're probably holding at least another card on this deal, eh?

I think Black might be the guy leading the controlled news leakage at this point, he's a vet PR guy. Give em' something to chew on, but save a little for the show.

It could certainly be this. I wouldn't be shocked at all if it was a multi-layered announcement.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
It could certainly be this. I wouldn't be shocked at all if it was a multi-layered announcement.

there's going to be another prospect game in Buffalo!

every season following the summer camp which has moved its HQ to Harbor Center, and they are going to open an office at the Harbor Center meaning every US prospects road to the NHL will come down the 90.

boots electric

Mar 12, 2008

it's possible. i am remembering correctly that we heard about rolston's firing before we heard about regier's? maybe this announcement is like that, but instead of obvious firing -> surprise firing, it will go from small event -> big event

yeah

yeah that's it

Insomniac99

Oct 26, 2006
Orchard Park, NY
The backdrop for today's presser:

Bd86UiJIAAEfsnG.jpg

https://twitter.com/BuffNewsVogl/status/423121014554656768

Bd8-9-eCUAAzqzb.jpg

https://twitter.com/BMaz1/status/423126124592242688

Last edited:

sjci

Feb 13, 2007
Buffalo
If it's just another prospects game, I'm going to be severely disappointed. That is not near enough "significant" to warrant that tag/hype/build up

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
Not quite press conference worthy but Ill be at both games.

The Harbor Center/Buffalo tryout for the entire development program

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad