Alfredsson?

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Alfredsson would be key elp to our PP.

I like our new formation, but it also needs high-talent right handnesses to work.

----- Mule (net-front)--------
--------------------------------
Alfie ------- Zeta -------- Dats
---------------------------------
--------- Kronner --------------

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
Damn that is a shame. But I guess it happens to the best of us, you get old and then pass away.

I am really glad I got to see as much of him in Detroit as we did. Amazing to think in his 1st year with the Wings he was our top scorer. What a frigging legend.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Damn that is a shame. But I guess it happens to the best of us, you get old and then pass away.

I am really glad I got to see as much of him in Detroit as we did. Amazing to think in his 1st year with the Wings he was our top scorer. What a frigging legend.

I wonder how much pain he had to play through last year just to do that? Good god!!:(

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
He would add so much to our team right now, but I hope he makes the sensible decision to call it quits. If he's got issues that bad his focus should be on getting healthy enough to have a normal life after hockey. At 41 the body isn't going to magically heal anymore.

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
Too bad that a comeback seems unlikely. At least he has the guts to admit, if he's ready to go or not.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Yeah It looks like Alfie just needs to retire, At this junction of his career his long term health is a lot more important then trying to play another season when at best he most likely will only be able to play at 50% and that's not Alfie he pretty much said that it's 100% or nothing.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I'm still holding out hope he can join the team for the playoffs, like a deadline addition. But a bad back is a bad back... no easy fix there.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Pretty much confirmed now, as per Dreger.

Three weeks shy of his 42nd birthday, Daniel Alfredsson's comeback bid is about to end.
Sources tell The Dreger Report that Alfredsson has decided not to play this season and while the Red Wings have been informed he is likely done, they have not heard directly from Alfredsson.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
well, crap. I know I've been on record as saying that I wasn't a fan of him coming back half way through the season, but I also assumed Weiss would be healthy (or at least healthy enough to play) and the kids would be a bit more consistent. At this point, I wouldn't have minded him as a mid6 winger with that right handed shot of his.

korrowan

Sponsor
Feb 8, 2011
Hopefully this will get Holland to make a move and get a right handed vet on the team. Most likely though Holland will say Weiss actually playing is the move they need.

DeYarmond Edison

drinkingpinkrabbits
Apr 10, 2011
Bored in the USA
Bummer. I was hoping he would come back close to the post-season. I remember Anaheim doing that with Niedermayer and Selanne a few years back and it payed off for them pretty nicely.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Hopefully this will get Holland to make a move and get a right handed vet on the team. Most likely though Holland will say Weiss actually playing is the move they need.

It is just one phone call and Chelios is ready. Both Holland and Babcock love experience and leadership. Chelli is their man. :p::laugh::toothless:toothless

As for Alfredsson, I would like him to try.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad