Alfredsson?

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
still bit sad he's not coming back. could have won his cup this year with Red Wings. :sarcasm:

A great player worthy of applause. :handclap:

I think with a bit of luck and if everyone played to their limits, a Cup run with Alfie wouldn't be so crazy. The kids are mostly showing that they weren't a fluke. Z/D are mostly healthy. Smith took a big step as did Quincey. Howard is back to form. Alfie as a righty shooter with a proven history of scoring goals would have been a huge boon for us in a lot of ways. I'm not saying it's even 40% likely. But if everything went optimally, I think we make a run for it.

All that said, I'll shed a single manly tear for Alfie when he gets his celebration in Ottawa. He deserves all of it.

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
Sad but he had a good year with Detroit. He would be great on this team.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
I remember when I was writing for a school paper back in 03 and picked him as my sleeper Art Ross winner (although I also predicted Fedorov to have a huge year in Anaheim). I was really hoping he'd be back for one more shot at it. Even at his age you could still see his IQ. And he was a player that played with his head up with underrated vision. I also thought he and Datsyuk showed the potential for a dynamic duo despite the fact that they were both rarely 100% at the same time last season. I'm going to feel somewhat sad for him when Detroit goes on to win the Cup this year.

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013
Alfie was my favorite non wing player for a number of years before he came here. Wish we could have got him earlier but thanks for the memories anyways.

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
I honestly would have preferred he never came to Detroit. For one season? blehhh. Should have just ended up as one of those players who plays for only one team during their entire career.

Although going to Detroit was probably the most politically correct team he could have picked.

But i will say, i'm happy i got to go to the Joe and see him play.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
I honestly would have preferred he never came to Detroit. For one season? blehhh. Should have just ended up as one of those players who plays for only one team during their entire career.

Although going to Detroit was probably the most politically correct team he could have picked.

But i will say, i'm happy i got to go to the Joe and see him play.

What

opivy

Sauce King
Sep 14, 2011
Columbus, OH
I remember when I was writing for a school paper back in 03 and picked him as my sleeper Art Ross winner (although I also predicted Fedorov to have a huge year in Anaheim). I was really hoping he'd be back for one more shot at it. Even at his age you could still see his IQ. And he was a player that played with his head up with underrated vision. I also thought he and Datsyuk showed the potential for a dynamic duo despite the fact that they were both rarely 100% at the same time last season. I'm going to feel somewhat sad for him when Detroit goes on to win the Cup this year.

He was our leading scorer so it was obvious he could still produce. I think he ended up just like Lids, go out good, dont go out broken.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad