News Article: Alfredsson Retirement Announcement Expected Dec 4 in Ottawa

Status
Not open for further replies.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
You know, if Alfie comes back to the team and starts helping coach and it gives the team a boost, I'll forgive him for the rest of it

I already have once some of you guys actually work somewhere for 10+ years you'll understand once in a life time opportunities are hard to pass up and playing for an original 6 team like Detroit is one of them.

Shoulda been handled better though.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
I don't know about you guys, but our locker room could really use the guy right now. Alfie coming back into the fold is nothing but win-win.

He can work with the players and the coaching staff. He has the respect of both.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
I don't know about you guys, but our locker room could really use the guy right now. Alfie coming back into the fold is nothing but win-win.

He can work with the players and the coaching staff. He has the respect of both.

That is so true. They could all really use his help right now. Unfortunately from all I've read, he wants to have time off with his family before he starts working again and wants his kids to finish school in Detroit this year.

The year they went to the Finals the team was off to a terrible start and it was reported that Alfie took the team leaders to dinner and they discussed ways to pull together and to get the team to buy into playing the system, and the season turned around after that.

Sadly we don't have the horses we did then, and I dont expect this team to got to the Finals, but maybe he can at least take them to dinner while he's here!

Neil Patrick Harris

Now sponsored by Zoom™
Aug 23, 2008
Ottawa

I'm still fond of this suggestion from the last thread:

He could even just kind of live in the arena and hang around all the time giving off good vibes and everyone would just always be like "Hey Alfie" and he'd be like "Hey, get one for me tonight" and then they would.

damianthesensfan

Alfie!!!
Feb 3, 2010
OTTAWA
Just an idea

i think it would look really cool everyone with posters placed them on the glass around the rink when alfie comes out

if we could fill the glass the hole way around it would be a sight to see

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
In order for Alfie to come back for a day we'd have to assign someone to Bingo. Unless he's signing an ahl only contract.

great1

Nov 13, 2009
Fergus, Ontario
Eugene Melnyk ‏@MelnykEugene
Spoke to #Alfie to finalize what will be the biggest "Welcome Home" celebration Ottawa has ever seen! #Sens fans, plan to be at game early!

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Why... Because he's a petty 15 year old with no job and has nothing better to do with his time?

C'mon.

man I don't think jbeck actually meant alfie was trolling us as in like " how can fool sens fans now?!".. kinda just a figure of speech

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa

Im very happy for this as i feel it will have a direct effect on our Captain's play, both immediately as well as down the road. If Alfie ends up in the org i believe it becomes more likely EK sticks around past this contract.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Melnyk said they were looking into signing him last off season i believe. Says it wasnt money. They talked well he was a member of detroit but then back tracked saying he had to be careful with tampering. Also said hes on the phone with murray during games and they are currently setting up a plan for murray. Melnyk was the 2nd phone call after murray found out he had cancer.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
I wonder if there is a chance that he plays after taking the skate, not sure what type of insurance would be needed but i assume that would have been discussed prior to him committing to take a pre-game spin.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
troy-barnes-emotions.gif

original.gif

after watching all of these alfie highlights and realizing december 4th is close, this is the stage i am at right now...i dont even want to imagine what stage i will be at on december 4th

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
I wonder if there is a chance that he plays after taking the skate, not sure what type of insurance would be needed but i assume that would have been discussed prior to him committing to take a pre-game spin.

He wouldn't risk an injury that could bother him into retirement for a team he's not part of to the end of the season.

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON
I don't want to sign him to a one-day contract if his back is still giving him trouble. We'll be stuck paying him the whole day for nothing if he twinges it in the morning.

I agree this could stop us from being able to bring in a big name at the deadline like Hemsky.

Just an idea
i think it would look really cool everyone with posters placed them on the glass around the rink when alfie comes out

if we could fill the glass the hole way around it would be a sight to see

It would definitely be a sight to see. Also nobody would be able to see it because all the posters would be in the way, so there's that...

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
if he doesn't score in the warm up I will have some sweet ammo Friday morning to question his leadership.

exv91

Oct 13, 2011
In order for Alfie to come back for a day we'd have to assign someone to Bingo. Unless he's signing an ahl only contract.

I don't think you need to when you've got special permission from NY for the signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad