News Article: Alfredsson Retirement Announcement Expected Dec 4 in Ottawa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Senafan

May 17, 2013
Would be incredible if he got out there and played a shift. Not gonna lie and say I wouldn't get a little misty seeing him on the ice again...

SilverSeven

Apr 16, 2007
Ottawa, Ontario
Considering what he said he in the playoffs and considering how painfully obvious it was that the cheap sens were outplayed most of the season and in the playoffs i'd say yes it was. Money was probably an issue but even after supposedly getting a blank check he chose a team he believed was better and would give him a better opportunity to win.

And if that is true...I hope this guy has NOTHING to do with our hockey ops.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
The coach will think he's punishing him for his betrayal by putting him on the kid line for that one-day contract, and they go score 10 goals in that game. Alf likes it so much he signs for the rest of the year, he fires the coach and takes over as playing coach, and we win the Cup.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
I don't want to sign him to a one-day contract if his back is still giving him trouble. We'll be stuck paying him the whole day for nothing if he twinges it in the morning.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
So he wants to sign a contract to retire a senator, but only wanted to sign with Detroit a month ago and wanted nothing to do with signing with us a year ago.

As far as I can tell he retired a redwing in every sense of the word. Played his last game there while also giving his loyalty to them if he were to play.

If he was so concerned with retiring as a senator, he never would have refused to sign here.

Still bitter.

In the words of Neil "we want people that want to be in ottawa...otherwise gtfo"

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
So he wants to sign a contract to retire a senator, but only wanted to sign with Detroit a month ago and wanted nothing to do with signing with us a year ago.

As far as I can tell he retired a redwing in every sense of the word. Played his last game there while also giving his loyalty to them if he were to play.

If he was so concerned with retiring as a senator, he never would have refused to sign here.

Still bitter.

In the words of Neil "we want people that want to be in ottawa...otherwise gtfo"

Don't you hate NEIL!?

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Don't you hate NEIL!?

As a person no, as a current hockey player, yes.

I definitely agree with his pro Ottawa stance.

As soon as alfredsson decided to **** off with ottawa, I decided to **** off with alfredsson.

Now that I'm over it, he's coming back to retire here? **** off.

We all used different ex girlfriend references...which ever you choose, its a big kick in the balls right now.

Too many emotions.

My ex girlfriend reference is like if we were married to some smoking hot woman for a decade. We adored her so much all the time and always made sure to let her know with different words and actions. She then decides shes too good for you and wants to divorce you and marry some other guy. In the last year or so she's gotten fat and developed terminal cancer. They divorce. She comes back to you asking that you marry her again so she can die your wife like it was meant to be.

Last edited:

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
As a person no, as a current hockey player, yes.

I definitely agree with his pro Ottawa stance.

As soon as alfredsson decided to **** off with ottawa, I decided to **** off with alfredsson.

Now that I'm over it, he's coming back to retire here? **** off.

We all used different ex girlfriend references...which ever you choose, its a big kick in the balls right now.

Too many emotions.

No offense or anything, but in no way shape or form does anything about what you are writing, or how you are writing it, suggest that you are now over it.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
No offense or anything, but in no way shape or form does anything about what you are writing, or how you are writing it, suggest that you are now over it.
I was over it until it was said he's signing with ottawa to retire with Ottawa. Now he's trolling us.

I was happy with him simply retiring and going away. I'm not wanting him to dress in a uniform for warm up pretending like he actually wanted to be here. Its phony.

No offense taken as you were confused as to what I've gotten over. I've gotten over him being away from the senators organization, comprede?

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
It's a largely pointless symbolic gesture, who cares.

Me apparently.

So would the ex wife that's dying and wants to re marry you after she left you for greener pastures.

But in both cases, the one who got left is allowed to be emotional/upset at the idea of having the person who left them coming back.

If alfredsson was so okay with saying "I'm done with you Ottawa" last year, why can't we say "I'm done with you alfredsson".

Just like Alfie owed us nothing, why do we now owe Alfie something?

SChan*

ok drawing a hockey comparison with someones death. That's not very tasteful.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Me apparently.

So would the ex wife that's dying and wants to re marry you after she left you for greener pastures.

But in both cases, the one who got left is allowed to be emotional/upset at the idea of having the person who left them coming back.

If alfredsson was so okay with saying "I'm done with you Ottawa" last year, why can't we say "I'm done with you alfredsson".

Just like Alfie owed us nothing, why do we now owe Alfie something?

Im pretty sure Alfie was going to announce retirement and the sens are the ones who came to him as a PR move, look at how much the ticket prices for that game increased by.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
You know, if Alfie comes back to the team and starts helping coach and it gives the team a boost, I'll forgive him for the rest of it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad