News Article: Alfredsson Retirement Announcement Expected Dec 4 in Ottawa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
He wouldn't risk an injury that could bother him into retirement for a team he's not part of to the end of the season.

No doubt, that said Alfie being the ultra competitor, i was thinking he may feel a touch different being out there on the ice once the juices start a flowing. I know i would find it hard to just go out for a pre skate and then gear down and take a seat.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
You should track all his stats on the warm-up drills, and then compile all the stats into something, and skew it to make him look bad.

I chose to go into work instead of watching the start of this game/ attending it
For all the people the grew up with Alfie as their favorite player Im sure it will be emotional and big deal. me not so much.

And either way, unless he wins a cup or beat Toronto in a playoff series between the start of warm up and the end of it, I don't think my opinion will change.

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
Ottawa Senators @Senators
BREAKING: #Sens can now confirm that Daniel Alfredsson will join the Sens team on the ice for the pre-game warm-up at 7 p.m. on Thursday!

Well that's fun.

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON
Hearing rumours that not only is he taking the warm-up but he's also going to dress like the Gladiator and do a pump-up speech at centre ice before the anthems.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I extremely hope the Sens record the warm-up for us Sens fans who don't live in Ottawa.

Or can someone here do it if they are going to the game and post it here?

I also hope they show the pre-game ceremony on tv, but i doubt they will.

Proust*

Dec 8, 2010
I extremely hope the Sens record the warm-up for us Sens fans who don't live in Ottawa.

YES

How can we watch this??

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa

TSN is usually good to at least show his speech. Not sure they will show the warm up but Sens TV should have a lot of it covered.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
TSN is usually good to at least show his speech. Not sure they will show the warm up but Sens TV should have a lot of it covered.

Can't watch tsn being their videos seem to only be available to people who live in Canada.

I am extremely hoping that Sens Tv has it covered. I really want to see the warm-up and the pre-game ceremony.

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
Can't watch tsn being their videos seem to only be available to people who live in Canada.

I am extremely hoping that Sens Tv has it covered. I really want to see the warm-up and the pre-game ceremony.

Ah yeah, didn't realize you were outside the country.

I'm almost positive they will have something up, too big of an event to not have it.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

VPN is your friend. There are lots of free options that are fine for things like TSN website feeds.

vdB

Dec 28, 2006
Toronto
LOL at the idea of him playing 1 last shift. Imagine if Matt Martin just lays him out...

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Hearing rumours that not only is he taking the warm-up but he's also going to dress like the Gladiator and do a pump-up speech at centre ice before the anthems.

i hear this is his new job. it will be announced he will do this before every home game.

Proust*

Dec 8, 2010
Love reading the articles with comments from Arvedsson, Lalime, Redden, Fisher etc... they just love Alfie,.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad