News Article: Alfredsson has earned his rightful place in the Hockey Hall of Fame

trentmccleary

Mar 2, 2002
Alfie-Ville
Visit site
Do bad hockey player win scoring titles? Iginla was a very consistent player and racked up awards. While playing with Heatley and Spezza alfredsson did not.

We're not comparing Jody Hull to Brett Hull here.
If you call following up 90 point full seasons with 65 point full seasons "consistent", sure Iginla was "consistent". :skeptic:
How and under what circumstances did he win those awards? Did he deserve all of them?

In 2006, Alfredsson was 4th in the league in scoring and 3rd in PPG.
In 2007, they didn't play together nearly as much as you think. Alfredsson had significant amounts of points with 3 different lines. Think of this season more like Fisher & Schaefer at ES, Spezza & Heatley on the PP.
In 2008, Alfredsson was leading the league in scoring at the All Star Break before getting a knee injury and a concussion. He finished 4th in PPG.
In 2009, Craig Hartsburg was a terrible coach that sabotaged the team's offense so that our team could get stuck in the defensive zone and our goalies pelted with shots. Alfredsson probably could have produced more points on a line with Fisher & Schaefer... but with an NHL calibre coach.

Reactions: NyQuil

BloodRedArmy

Nov 29, 2013
Bytown
Nice article by Scanlan, he's one of the few good ones covering the team.

Alfredsson has earned his rightful place in the Hockey Hall of Fame - Sportsnet.ca

“When the game was big and on the line, it was Alfie we wanted to have the puck,” former Senators defenceman Wade Redden said. “He was a part of all the biggest moments in franchise history.”

I still have his jersey hanging proudly in my house. Nothing represents the Senators like Alfie does.
Can I just say how much I love Redden? He's become a real staple around here since retiring, always has great comments and speeches at key moments. Doesn't get nearly enough credit.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Why do you post this stuff lol? This holds as much value as Alfie having scored the first ever shootout goal, which is zero.
Ufzuwyy.gif

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
I'm currently watching a Sens highlight reel of top-10 moments pre-2012 and man is it making me wistful. So many good memories — including the first three in the video — have him as a central player. It's easy to forget a bit as time passes, but man did that guy's work ethic (especially in his mid-to-late career) carry us over some pretty big humps. Only player who's come close to having that level of talent-and-heart combination since is Stone.

Reactions: variable26

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad