Alfie's getting close to top 50 all time scoring leaders

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!
I have heard from an extremely reliable source that Alfie is going to hang them up after this season.

I really hope he reconsiders because he can still play.

Interesting,

Chris Phillips' great grandmothers cousin's step sisters boyfriend told me that Jagr and Selanne are both retiring after this season :dunno:

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
My cat told me that his friend Mittens heard that a cat(will remain unnamed), who is close to Alfredsson, said "Alfredsson is going to play another year, Daniel told me himself".

Those were his exact words.
Are you sure it wasnt " meow meow maow meeeow"?

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
Look at his avatar lol.

Definitely worth noting.

Is your source common sense?

todd_smells-714456.jpg

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
What? He's not speculating, he's claiming something.
True. I'd ignore it unless he gave meaningful proof to a moderator who wouldn't reveal that information but would confirm it. Otherwise your 4th grade response is appropriate.

John Holmes*

I'm not saying where I heard it.

If you don't want to believe it, or think you're funny by posting some moronic chain of cousins, gardeners and pool boys, there is nothing that I can do for you.

Prove my source to a mod....really?

:laugh:

Liliaceae

hockey
Jun 21, 2007
Canada
Great thread.

My cat told me that his friend Mittens heard that a cat(will remain unnamed), who is close to Alfredsson, said "Alfredsson is going to play another year, Daniel told me himself".

Those were his exact words.

I like this one. :)

I really hope Alfie does come back!

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
I'm not saying where I heard it.

If you don't want to believe it, or think you're funny by posting some moronic chain of cousins, gardeners and pool boys, there is nothing that I can do for you.

Prove my source to a mod....really?

:laugh:

Not sure why anyone thinks you have an obligation to reveal your source...

Scrub*

Team Canada
Dec 28, 2008
Let's say we make it to the 2nd round this year and make a big trade in the offseason where the team gets better. Maybe Alfredsson would decide to keep playing? Just a thought.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
Are you kidding me? This is pathetic.

No one is asking him to reveal the name of the source. RKL asked "not who, but a position". That's what I'm looking for as well.

The fact that you think asking for a CLUEto give us readers a sense that he is a somewhat reliable source is something meant for Grade 4 is, simply put, embarrassing.

:rolleyes:

But by all means, carry on taking everything you hear on the internet for its word without questioning its legitimacy! That'll get ya far!

:facepalm:

Position is equally damning. It's hilarious that you think there is a burden of proof on an anonymous message board. And, it's also hilarious that you think just because I'm not hearing who his "source" is, that I'm taking it without questioning it's legitimacy. Simply put, someone spoke to Alfie, got the impression that this was it, and repeated it. Do you know how often that changes? Alfie said he was going to retire when he was freakin 34. He said several times last year that he would and several times that he wouldn't. Oh, and by the way I'm confirmed as an insider by danishh, but I hardly ever post what I hear because of people like you and your constant complaints and scrutiny. Same as BDP, who is literally as close to the organization as you can be. So, good job son.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
Because his claim of Alfie retiring which he learned for a reliable source is thread worthy, and would require some kind of proof.

It's basically a part of endless speculation. Why do you guys get all wrapped up in this stuff anyway? What does it matter when you find out if Alfie is retiring or not? Is your day to day life going to be impacted in any way?

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
Because his claim of Alfie retiring which he learned for a reliable source is thread worthy, and would require some kind of proof.

It only requires proof if he cares more about what you think than the he does about the trust of the person who told him... Which would be kinda dickey.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Not sure why anyone thinks you have an obligation to reveal your source...

If it is a serious claim like "I know first hand that Player X is getting traded, my buddy told me!" Then you have to be able to back it up. so says the rules.

15) Outlandish claims of inside information: This is subjective and will be at the discretion of the moderator after consulting with other posters and other administrators. Deference will be given to veteran members who have established credibility. If you're an insider, contact us with proof BEFORE you post.

Whether Holmes has insider info or not, it isn't such a serious topic that he needs to prove anything. If he retires, then he retires. If not, then great.

sens613

Apr 12, 2012
A lot of people work for the team or know people or players who do. Does not mean for 1 second anyone knows what a guy will do in 4 months from now after consulting his friends and family and seeing how he feels physically at the end of the season. After reading this thread I went back to the michalek thread...3 people claimed to have inside knowledge of a trade and thats why he was not playing , 2 people claimed he had a serious knee injury and needed surgery. It is very easy to make claims, but odds are the people who really are in the know would have the decency to respect someone they're close enough with to find out very private information to leave it private.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Some of you are really immature lol. I talk to a lot of players from time to time and they tell me things. Consider it a favour when someone gives you good info.

For example, i talked to pierre dorion who said petersson "hands down" has a better shot then silfverberg. Yet i'll get wacky responses when i say it. Why would i lie about that? I don't even like petersson, and i like silfverberg.

The point is, in a small town, many people are going to talk to players, or people who work for the team. The way you guys act with your sarcasm like its impossible for us to talk to sens players is funny.

You have to also think, what would this poster get out of lying? Chances are, nothing, and they are just passing on the info they got to fellow fans. Quit beating each other up over this.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
Agreed. I've talked to people in the know about a player's recovery. It was news that ran contrary to the public information. But I wouldn't dump their name or position on an internet forum.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
Agreed. I've talked to people in the know about a player's recovery. It was news that ran contrary to the public information. But I wouldn't dump their name or position on an internet forum.

Yeah seriously. I'm sure the fine whiners of this board would love to know what I've heard about Karlsson a few days ago, eh?

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
I used to be neighbours with someone who knew Murray personally, and would hear things from time to time. It's not like Ottawa is some huge mega-city. It's reasonable that people hear things from time to time. No reason why he should reveal his source, just take it with a grain of salt.

John Holmes*

I am taking it with a grain of salt myself, partly because I don't want to believe it, but I do believe the person that told me what I was told.

Maybe a summer with 4 kids will be enough to convince him to play another year.

I'd like to hear your Karlsson story.

What is so bad about passing along stories. Just accept that they aren't verifiable and enjoy them or don't.

Look what happened to Senschirp. He used to actually break stories.

Obviously his source caught wind of it and shut up real fast.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
I have heard from an extremely reliable source that Alfie is going to hang them up after this season.

I really hope he reconsiders because he can still play.

It's certainly possible but he's got a good gig here and he can still contribute as an energy guy. It's not like Yzie with no knees or a guy like Hasek that actually won everything, even though he was a massive noodle-head. If he wins the Cup this year he can hang 'em up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad