Alfie's getting close to top 50 all time scoring leaders

Canadian Time

Mar 2, 2002
Visit site
He won't get it this year but damn, considering how late he started age-wise, this is truly impressive.

Also consider that Alfie never got to play in the high-scoring era, most of his accomplishments are during the lowest scoring era in NHL history.

What a marvelous career, c'mon Alfie, one more year to get in the top 50. When we're old we can tell our kids about how we watched his magic.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
He is truly amazing.

For those who don't know, Nick Lidstrom is 50th with 1142 points and Alfie has 1102 points. If he plays next year he'll likely crack the top 50.

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
So if he gets 10-15 more points this season and comes back next year he will only need 25-30 points next season. Sounds easily possible. :)

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Alfie has 2 more years in him. Especially with the ability to shelter his minutes. With that being said, all I want is one more year.

What an amazing player he is.

My role model, my captain. Alfredsson.

John Holmes*

I have heard from an extremely reliable source that Alfie is going to hang them up after this season.

I really hope he reconsiders because he can still play.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
I have heard from an extremely reliable source that Alfie is going to hang them up after this season.

I really hope he reconsiders because he can still play.

Lol he'll be coming back for at least one more season. He has already hinted strongly at it. Olympic year and having a legitimate chance at a Cup.

John Holmes*

I hope you're' right, but it doesn't change what I heard.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
I hope you're' right, but it doesn't change what I heard.

No offence, but a lot of people claim to have inside info. Who would have tood you this? The only one who would have the answer is Alfie himself.

John Holmes*

You don't need to be some dialed in insider to predict that a 40 year old is going to hang them up.

Ottawa is a small city. Lots of players and team staff are easily accessible. I don't make it a habit of claiming to have inside info, but in this case, it's one degree removed from Alfredsson telling me himself.

I hope he plays another year. Maybe someone else has heard the same thing.

Senschirp, Yost, bdp....

Kekumba

Jan 24, 2008
Ottawa
I have heard from an extremely reliable source that Alfie is going to play another season.

I really hope he doesn't reconsider because he can still play.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
I'll just listen to Alfie himself. His vibe lends me to believe he is coming back.

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
My grandmother actually was behind Alfredsson in a Tim Hortons back in March '08 and she told me that he said he was playing until the end of 2014.

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
I guess we'll see.
No one is hating on you for saying you know something, but you can't expect not getting picked on for not even giving a clue on who your source is. "One level away" is the same as a reporting telling me what Alfie said about postgame.

Does he work for the Sens? Are they in the Hockey Ops of the Sens?

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
No one is hating on you for saying you know something, but you can't expect not getting picked on for not even giving a clue on who your source is. "One level away" is the same as a reporting telling me what Alfie said about postgame.

Does he work for the Sens? Are they in the Hockey Ops of the Sens?

Why in the world would he reveal who told him? Is this grade 4?

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Why in the world would he reveal who told him? Is this grade 4?
Are you kidding me? This is pathetic.

No one is asking him to reveal the name of the source. RKL asked "not who, but a position". That's what I'm looking for as well.

The fact that you think asking for a CLUEto give us readers a sense that he is a somewhat reliable source is something meant for Grade 4 is, simply put, embarrassing.

:rolleyes:

But by all means, carry on taking everything you hear on the internet for its word without questioning its legitimacy! That'll get ya far!

:facepalm:

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
He doesn't have to say who provided the info, and since he hasn't it's just another speculation. I can speculate too and say Alfie himself doesn't know.

Vicarious

Oct 11, 2007
Toronto
A close source told me Alfredsson will play in the KHL. They are throwing him a lot of money and he wants to make sure his newest kid can afford to play hockey. This source may or may not have been Alexei Yashin.

Mephias

Oct 8, 2008
Burnaby, B.C.
Are you kidding me? This is pathetic.

No one is asking him to reveal the name of the source. RKL asked "not who, but a position". That's what I'm looking for as well.

The fact that you think asking for a CLUEto give us readers a sense that he is a somewhat reliable source is something meant for Grade 4 is, simply put, embarrassing.

:rolleyes:

But by all means, carry on taking everything you hear on the internet for its word without questioning its legitimacy! That'll get ya far!

:facepalm:

A position is just as obvious as a name sometimes though. What if he said Alfie's gardener, Alfie's agent, drinking buddy etc. etc.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
My cat told me that his friend Mittens heard that a cat(will remain unnamed), who is close to Alfredsson, said "Alfredsson is going to play another year, Daniel told me himself".

Those were his exact words.

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
A position is just as obvious as a name sometimes though. What if he said Alfie's gardener, Alfie's agent, drinking buddy etc. etc.
Not his position as in his job title.

His position as "Hockey Ops for Ottawa Senators" or "Ticketing for Ottawa Senators" or "Concession Stands for Ottawa Senators".

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I have it from an extremely reliable source that if Alfie finishes this season healthy and Ottawa make the playoffs and the NHL is in Sochi, it will be tempting to play but his body may say its over

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->