Alfie's getting close to top 50 all time scoring leaders

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
Position is equally damning. It's hilarious that you think there is a burden of proof on an anonymous message board. And, it's also hilarious that you think just because I'm not hearing who his "source" is, that I'm taking it without questioning it's legitimacy. Simply put, someone spoke to Alfie, got the impression that this was it, and repeated it. Do you know how often that changes? Alfie said he was going to retire when he was freakin 34. He said several times last year that he would and several times that he wouldn't. Oh, and by the way I'm confirmed as an insider by danishh, but I hardly ever post what I hear because of people like you and your constant complaints and scrutiny. Same as BDP, who is literally as close to the organization as you can be. So, good job son.

It really depends what you say. I know of at least two message boards that got into legal issues because of posters saying stuff about players (in bars etc.) or management (off-ice stuff). An Alfie retirement rumour doesn't fall under that, obviously, but you can be damned sure teams read these so don't post anything potentially libelous unless you have a fine lawyer.

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Position is equally damning. It's hilarious that you think there is a burden of proof on an anonymous message board. And, it's also hilarious that you think just because I'm not hearing who his "source" is, that I'm taking it without questioning it's legitimacy. Simply put, someone spoke to Alfie, got the impression that this was it, and repeated it. Do you know how often that changes? Alfie said he was going to retire when he was freakin 34. He said several times last year that he would and several times that he wouldn't. Oh, and by the way I'm confirmed as an insider by danishh, but I hardly ever post what I hear because of people like you and your constant complaints and scrutiny. Same as BDP, who is literally as close to the organization as you can be. So, good job son.
Pleas re-read my comment regarding position, you clearly aren't understanding what I'm saying.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
It really depends what you say. I know of at least two message boards that got into legal issues because of posters saying stuff about players (in bars etc.) or management (off-ice stuff). An Alfie retirement rumour doesn't fall under that, obviously, but you can be damned sure teams read these so don't post anything potentially libelous unless you have a fine lawyer.

On saturday, david dziurzynski said he's never heard of hfboards. he said "whats that?"

CanadianHockey

Smith - Alfie
Jul 3, 2009
Petawawa
twitter.com
DD doesn't seem like the kinda guy who does a whole lot of reading of any kind :p:

0NZO4.gif

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
While I agree with everything you've posted in this thread so far, YOU CAN'T DO THIS!! Or at least you shouldn't!:laugh:

I know I know. It's nothing significant and I'm going to post in the Karlsson thread if I get a bit more information. I will say his recovery is going just about as well as it can be.

take a peek

Mar 4, 2007
hell of a topic....

Really impressive he is that close to top 50 all time, I never knew he was in the range. That is some rare company of production and longevity.

Hail Alfie!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad