Alfie & Phillips gone, who gets the C and A's

dan1el

Oct 16, 2011
Take three years with Spezza, Karlsson and Neil all wearing A's, then give the C to Spezza or Karlsson. If any leave the team (hopefully we keep them all until retirement but you never know), we could give it to Turris, Smith, or maybe, if he progresses well enough, Silfverberg.

Berserker*

Give Neil the C for his last few years until he retires. Neil will probably be able to play between 1-3 years after Phillips retires, so that gives some time for some of the young players to develop into that captaincy role.

Then give an A to Karlsson and the other A to one of Methot, Cowen, Smith, Greening, Silfverberg or Stone (whoever is performing best at the time and displaying the most leadership abilities).

Then when Neil retires give the C to whichever player from the list above is most deserving (based on their ability to lead the team, not solely their skill level) at that given time.

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!
Assuming Philips stays and Alfie retires,

C - Philips
A - Spezza
A - Neil

Upon Philips leaving,

C - Spezza
A - Neil
A - perhaps Karlsson...

Jan 24, 2006
Ottawa
Give Neil the C for his last few years until he retires. Neil will probably be able to play between 1-3 years after Phillips retires, so that gives some time for some of the young players to develop into that captaincy role.

Then give an A to Karlsson and the other A to one of Methot, Cowen, Smith, Greening, Silfverberg or Stone (whoever is performing best at the time and displaying the most leadership abilities).

Then when Neil retires give the C to whichever player from the list above is most deserving (based on their ability to lead the team, not solely their skill level) at that given time.

I agree with this post. Neil has a lot of heart, probably the most after Alfie.

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!
Should go to the guy who will be the face of the franchise for the next 15+ years. Unfortunately, it will go to Spezza.

I disagree.

Captaincy makes you the face of franchise. Just because EK is a stud, doesn't mean he is the best leader on/off the ice.

Jan 24, 2006
Ottawa
I disagree.

Captaincy makes you the face of franchise. Just because EK is a stud, doesn't mean he is the best leader on/off the ice.

Right the best leader should be captain. So Phillips or Neil should be captain before any other player on this team. Obviously after Alfie retires.

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
Probably more than Alfie.

00-01-16.jpg

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I think Alfie comes back another year and after he retires we wait a year before we give the captaincy.

Silfverberg is a born leader and his skill this and next year will have a lot of people wondering about him given a letter.

Senateurs

Let's win it all
Feb 28, 2007
Spezza "C" There is no other choice.

Neil "A"
Karlsson "A"

Next in line: Michalek, Cowen, Smith, Methot, Turris.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad