Alfie & Phillips gone, who gets the C and A's

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
If this was hypothetically happening this year (for arguement's sake)? Spez gets the C, Neil & Gonchar get the A's.

Next year? Replace Gonchar w/ Karlsson, probably. Methot might get consideration, but it's too early to tell right now... he's been a Senator for 2 games.

Legend Killer

Nov 15, 2007
C- Spezza
A- Neil
A- Karlsson

When Neil retires either Cowen, Turris, Smith, Michalek, Methot etc

General Granny*

You have the give the team's best player and the team's #1 dman at least an A.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
Retire the "C"

Pretty close to what should happen.

Alfredsson is so epochal and ingrained as captain that a simple "A" sharing might be best for the first season. GIve "A" to Karlsson, Spezza and Neil or Phillips then let the leadership settle itself over the next few years. I'm cold on Spezza with a "C" as it hasn't worked out well for skill guys here in the past. Also leery of people constantly comparing him to Alfredsson "Well Alfredsson was fantastic two-way, why isn't Spezza? Alfredsson stays here in the off-season, why is Spezza in Toronto?" and so on.

If I HAD to have one, I'd go:

C) Karlsson (Silfverberg down the road)
A) Neil
A) Spezza or Phillips

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
It will almost definitely be Spezza inheriting the C, but down the line it will either be Karlsson or Silfverberg.

I would say...

C - Spezza
A - Neil
A - Karlsson

...and down the line...

C - Silfverberg
A - Karlsson
A - ??????????

Right now ????????? could be anyone...Smith, Cowen, Turris, Methot, etc.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Pretty close to what should happen.

Alfredsson is so epochal and ingrained as captain that a simple "A" sharing might be best for the first season. GIve "A" to Karlsson, Spezza and Neil or Phillips then let the leadership settle itself over the next few years. I'm cold on Spezza with a "C" as it hasn't worked out well for skill guys here in the past. Also leery of people constantly comparing him to Alfredsson "Well Alfredsson was fantastic two-way, why isn't Spezza? Alfredsson stays here in the off-season, why is Spezza in Toronto?" and so on.

If I HAD to have one, I'd go:

C) Karlsson (Silfverberg down the road)
A) Neil
A) Spezza or Phillips

What? Spezza or Phillips?? They already both have an A. Are you saying we strip Phillips or Spezza of an A when we give Karlsson the C?

You are really cementing your position as the worst poster on this forum.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
I don't see Turris with an A. He seems too quiet to be the type to talk in the dressing room. He argues with the refs every time he gets kicked out of the circle.

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
You have the give the team's best player and the team's #1 dman at least an A.

You'll have people over thinking it but sometimes the obvious answer is the right one. Karlssons next up for an A. If you start giving it to the gonchars and the Neil's you're just gonna start passing new letters around every other year.

He's married now, may be a father in the next couple years who knows. He'll be much more mature when it's time and he's already one of the most liked players in the room and he's been that way since day 1.

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
I don't see Turris with an A. He seems too quiet to be the type to talk in the dressing room. He argues with the refs every time he gets kicked out of the circle.

Some of the greatest leaders in the game were constant complainers. Not sure I see Turris with a letter anytime soon but *****ing to refs won't be the reason.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->