Player Discussion Alexei Emelin

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
I'm unimpressed by the new narrative that Emelin is suddenly dirty. He's famously clean for the amount and intensity of hits he dishes out. A bad hip-check can be a clipping penalty. Is every high-sticking penalty a dirty play too?

A buncha folks on the main board and elsewhere calling him a coward for not fighting too. I remain unimpressed.

gillyguzzler

Jan 21, 2007
Ontario
Is there a case to be made that the Emelin we're seeing now, is sustainable? Is this the "real" Emelin? I mean, if he plays with this type of consistency to his game, is he not worth his cap hit?

It's sustainable for sure as he's played this way for the majority of his career in Montreal. He's very valuable playing on the left side against the opposition's top lines and seems to elevate his game when the going gets tough. He's much more involved when playing Boston or Philly than he is against Carolina or Arizona and that bodes well for the playoffs if his body holds up.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Is there a case to be made that the Emelin we're seeing now, is sustainable? Is this the "real" Emelin? I mean, if he plays with this type of consistency to his game, is he not worth his cap hit?

Yes there is a case to be made IMO. I think by playing with Weber, it has given him extra energy and a more positive mind frame this year. He couldn't play with Subban in previous years and was always on the bottom pairing for the last few seasons.

He's been given opportunity and he has taken it and produced.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
You guys make good points, especially when it comes to the playoffs -- this is a guy who can influence the ebb and flow of a game and is not afraid to keep dishing out hits, the vast majority of the legal variety.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
I'm unimpressed by the new narrative that Emelin is suddenly dirty. He's famously clean for the amount and intensity of hits he dishes out. A bad hip-check can be a clipping penalty. Is every high-sticking penalty a dirty play too?

A buncha folks on the main board and elsewhere calling him a coward for not fighting too. I remain unimpressed.

I don't understand why a guy should even be required to fight for laying out a hard clean legal hit. Hitting is a part of the game.

If a team doesn't like that their player got hit with a hard clean legal check go out and do the same to the opposition.

As for the cesspool of d*****bags that's the mainboard if Emelin were on their teams laying out these hits they would love the guy. Threads about the Habs posted on the mainboard never go well and the Habs crapfest seems to last longer than when any other team is involved. :nod:

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
I don't understand why a guy should even be required to fight for laying out a hard clean legal hit. Hitting is a part of the game.

If a team doesn't like that their player got hit with a hard clean legal check go out and do the same to the opposition.

As for the cesspool of d*****bags that's the mainboard if Emelin were on their teams laying out these hits they would love the guy. Threads about the Habs posted on the mainboard never go well and the Habs crapfest seems to last longer than when any other team is involved. :nod:
It's one of the most obvious cases of irrationality in general hockey fandom. Folks want blood but don't know why they want blood, they just expect it.

It's the opposite of sportsmanship, imo, if you take a big hit you're meant to get up and get him back at the right time. But perennially frustrated losers like Backes and McQuaid would never allow that. I can't believe Marchand has the audacity to complain, he's a filthy overrated player himself.

Well yeah!
Bergeron is overrated and Marchand is gonna be a cap-anchor in a few years. Rask is a lunatic who'll never win anything and Chara is a dirty goon who sucks now. The Bruins only won the cup the other year because of Daddy Campbell and their incessant cheating. Even Bruins fans know they didn't deserve anything.

You're welcome back any time :naughty:

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007

Emelin has played 333 games and thrown 1102 hits, yet hasn't been suspended one game. I also find it ridiculous he's considered "dirty", there aren't many guys left in the league like Emelin and I enjoy seeing nice, clean bodychecks thrown.

I'm a huge fan of Emelin and have always found him to be underrated around here, all summer I saw videos of him, Chucky and Markov working their ***** off and it is great to see him having a nice start like he has this year.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Were you laughing Monday night? just wondering.
Judging by the sheer volume of salty tears pouring out of Boston during and after the game, even from players like Marchand, I'd say Bruins fans didn't enjoy Monday night much at all while most Habs fans were entertained and enjoyed the game despite the unfavourable result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad