Player Discussion Alexei Emelin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
It puts a target not just on Emelin but anyone else in our lineup and don't get me wrong I love toughness but there is a time and place for it.

lol maybe against Colorado... who we play again never

No other team in the league cares about a clean hit, Avs fans are just salty because it added insult to injury. That hit happens at 3-2 and nobody cares. It's not like the Avs players weren't out there trying to hit Habs skaters..

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
Oh, and then what? Minutes left in a 10-1 game, and it would have matter if he had gotten by on the boards? Really? Lets get real. That **** is classless, Emelin can be a real idiot out there.

Yes, really, because defensemen are judged on their ability to defend, and players don't feel comforted in the moment that they'll get to explain themselves to everyone watching later on when they let a guy dance in around them... players on winning teams have pride, too. Talk about get real... Colbourne could have dumped it in and chased it instead, but he didn't, so...

Last edited:

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
lol maybe against Colorado... who we play again never

No other team in the league cares about a clean hit, Avs fans are just salty because it added insult to injury. That hit happens at 3-2 and nobody cares. It's not like the Avs players weren't out there trying to hit Habs skaters..

We play the Avs again. In Colorado February 7th. Doubt they do anything.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
We play the Avs again. In Colorado February 7th. Doubt they do anything.

For a clean hit?.....I doubt it too. And if someone has to do it, it'll have to be Colborne :laugh:

But if he throws another big one in Colorado, there's gonna b sparks......hopefully McCarron will be with the team by then, or maybe.......Iginla will be a Hab :sarcasm:

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Hypothetically -In a football game one team is crushing the other,if the winning team gets a chance to sack the others QB should they?
I'm sure you do, but I'm also sure you don't go about it the same way as you would in a close game.

Last edited:

11Goat11

Inside her
Feb 18, 2006
Emelin has been a beast this year. Galley is an idiot for spewing that **** Saturday night. You play 60 minutes, wasn't even cheap, and he didn't go for his knees as Emelin actually knows how to hip check.

You can say it's late and means nothing but there is a whole season to be played, players are going to think twice skating by his side and that is what he accomplishes with these hits, head games and pain.

Orrfourever

Bruinaholic
Nov 29, 2016
Saskatchewan, Canada
Emelin has been a beast this year. Galley is an idiot for spewing that **** Saturday night. You play 60 minutes, wasn't even cheap, and he didn't go for his knees as Emelin actually knows how to hip check.

You can say it's late and means nothing but there is a whole season to be played, players are going to think twice skating by his side and that is what he accomplishes with these hits, head games and pain.

Garry Galley was spot on with his call. He played in the NHL. You don't do that in a 10-1 game honestly.

Was Columbus running around hitting your Guys when it was 10-0? I think not.:rant:

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Garry Galley was spot on with his call. He played in the NHL. You don't do that in a 10-1 game honestly.

Was Columbus running around hitting your Guys when it was 10-0? I think not.:rant:

Emelin wasn't "running around hitting guys". The hipcheck was a defensive play as Colborne tried to squeeze by the boards with the puck.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site

Chara takes out Max in a 5-0 Hab game, and breaks his neck, and it's old time hockey..............Emelin hits a guy and it's clean hit, and there is no need because of the score....OK

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
The Emelin hit was awesome, and people pay to see these games, and the hit was apparently a crowd-pleaser. Not to mention perfectly legal.

It just... wasn't exactly necessary in the circumstances.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
If you don't want to get hit, don't casually cross the blueline with the puck along the boards. Sorry Colborne.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Trading Subban for Weber and the play of Emelin with Weber is just another example how it fits for the Habs. Markov was really the only one that could play with Subban on this team and Emelin was tried and didn't work.

There has been a lot of criticism on Emelin over the last 2 years. I give MT full credit (or KM ;)) of having the guts to play Emelin with Weber. That pairing is awesome! It has erased the huge need for a top 4 defense man IMO. It would be nice but it's not a major need anymore.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

The Habs have had two solid games after Galchenyuk/DD/Pateryn got injured. There were plenty of skepticism on how they would respond and they responded well. Yes it's been NJ and Col but they have played very well. Why in the hell should the Habs let off the gas considering the circumstances? The only negative is Colorado won't forget the game and they will remember this for the next game. No big deal. Show up for all games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad