Prospect Info: Alexandre Alain

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Tell me about it. In my opinion it's always been r eally political from most of the time on all levels my nephew has played the game. It's always who you know, the word of mouth, reputation. And really it's not for low income people. That is why the well of players is so thin.

But it takes a lot of dedication and commitement. You have to really love hockey and be ready to travel a lot and commiting to it during school. My brother in law and his son are both hockey nuts, they are really passionate so that's not an issue for them. But I would never have done this as a player or parent.

If it were me, every boy would play hockey in elementary school in Quebec. You get the free equipement and so forth.
For all the nationalities of the world, the road to the NHL is hardy. Going through multiples years of hardship.

From time to time, politics + prejudices + the hockeyer's entourage (friends,parents,etc) and + and + tips the balance.

Check it out the Trajectoires Hockey (on RDS) series. Some endearing and touching stories. Joé Juneau moved to ECAC. Others famous players were not drafted. Marc-André Bergeron. Dan Boyle. Steve Duchesne. Marc Bureau. Stephan Lebeau. Francis Bouillon.

Reactions: Fixxer

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
From watching videos his release his high end.

Hopefully we can re-sign Terry, or get another high-end AHL veteran and another solid puck moving dman. Tj Brennan would be nice.

If we don't, we're putting pressure on Alain and our other players to produce right away.

Reactions: ToLegitToQuit

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
For all the nationalities of the world, the road to the NHL is hardy. Going through multiples years of hardship.

From time to time, politics + prejudices + the hockeyer's entourage (friends,parents,etc) and + and + tips the balance.

Check it out the Trajectoires Hockey (on RDS) series. Some endearing and touching stories. Joé Juneau moved to ECAC. Others famous players were not drafted. Marc-André Bergeron. Dan Boyle. Steve Duchesne. Marc Bureau. Stephan Lebeau. Francis Bouillon.

The most famous undrafted Quebec player I can recall is Martin St. Louis. Even then he had to rely on his own initiative because his potential was to a large degree unnoticed or poorly supported.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
The most famous undrafted Quebec player I can recall is Martin St. Louis. Even then he had to rely on his own initiative because his potential was to a large degree unnoticed or poorly supported.
The commentary written by Martin Saint-Louis himself under his picture in the album of his secondary graduation: "I dream of being in the NHL even if many men telling me that I'm too small."

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
From watching videos his release his high end.

Hopefully we can re-sign Terry, or get another high-end AHL veteran and another solid puck moving dman. Tj Brennan would be nice.

If we don't, we're putting pressure on Alain and our other players to produce right away.
Bouchard is high on Alain. No doubt a factor in him signing here. Did I just mention ALain, Bouchard and Laval?

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Bof... can't write him off after one year.

He should have been sent in the ECHL early in the season, when he struggled, instead some dimwit in the organization thought he would improve while struggling.

Cause 'character' or 'attitude' or whatever.

Never really thought he had big league potential, but being mismanaged like that sure won't ever help anybody...

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Different game once you turn Pro. A 20 or 21 year old can take advantage in the Q by playing against younger players who are developing.

I Don’t expect him to make an impact in his first season with Laval. But if we have a deeper team that can skate and are well coached, he can improve as the seasons goes along and he adapts and gets used to playing with less time and space. Late bloomer in the Q means he might take a while to show promise in Laval

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Different game once you turn Pro. A 20 or 21 year old can take advantage in the Q by playing against younger players who are developing.

I Don’t expect him to make an impact in his first season with Laval. But if we have a deeper team that can skate and are well coached, he can improve as the seasons goes along and he adapts and gets used to playing with less time and space. Late bloomer in the Q means he might take a while to show promise in Laval

The age thing and development is a real thing and something people underrate. That is why the best recruiters are the ones that realise that a first year in a the league doesn't always mean much and that most guys take a few years to bloom. You find often people that are like OK why was the guy average in Junior and so they pass on him and then are shocked that the guy explode in his last year and they think it's a fluke. Well no that is why development means and someone that evolves.

My nephew has always made AAA but always his second year. He always need that one year to acclimate himself to the league, playing with guys older than him and then boom his second year he makes AAA. That's pretty normal to me.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Never trust a guy with two first names. :sarcasm:

Anyone seen in play in person this season?

In person no. I plan to attend games. But watching the Laval games, you see he is slowly adjusting to the pro game. He's not always a stand out, the way Evans, Fleury, and Vejdemo have pretty much established themselves on this team. But Alain is a good signing and you can see that once he starts putting it together, he will be another young player to be happy about.

He's been with McCarron and Audette the last two games and they've been a good line the two games they played together. After going 11 games without a goal, he's scored 3 in the last 3 games. The kid's got a real good shot. Pro level shooting. I remember watching some Blainville games and Bouchard had him as his point shot.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
In person no. I plan to attend games. But watching the Laval games, you see he is slowly adjusting to the pro game. He's not always a stand out, the way Evans, Fleury, and Vejdemo have pretty much established themselves on this team. But Alain is a good signing and you can see that once he starts putting it together, he will be another young player to be happy about.

He's been with McCarron and Audette the last two games and they've been a good line the two games they played together. After going 11 games without a goal, he's scored 3 in the last 3 games. The kid's got a real good shot. Pro level shooting. I remember watching some Blainville games and Bouchard had him as his point shot.

From what I've been reading, he seems like a very serious guy. He's had to overcome a lot of significant setbacks -- he probably really appreciates what he has going for him. Rooting for him to succeed.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
"You know when you came out from the LHJMQ you're never too sure what to expect... Basically, I was satisfied of my season, overall. I had ups and downs. I need to keep the consistency as much as possible."

"For the team (Laval Rocket) we hadn't the final results that we wanted. That being said, we're so much a good group of young players. Who'll continue to progress into this organization. I think it inaugurated welll for the future. Then, we need to be confident..."

"Mentally, be able to be always be there in the rink during each nights. The practices, the travels it's more demanding... The boys are far big and strong. All who's related to the physical, the mental I've to focus on that this summer. With the experience I had this year that will help me to be a better player next year."

"Continuing to work hard. I'm a guy who like also the physical trainings, I'm training a lot during summers. On the ice, working on my few steps, they still have to be improved.Just to continue at the same pace."

"No, it's next week... Not too much, for real. I'm accustomed to be at school at the same time. Our schedules makes us having time no matter what. Like I always saying to everybody, it just helps me to drop out and to deconnect a little bit about hockey. The two or three hours that I spend makes me good. I'll carry on doing the same thing. It helps me."

"You want it or not, it's pretty big the off-ice aspect we aren't seeing it but it's very important to have veterans like you said who gives us the example on and off the ice. You know guys like Alzner or Ouellet who came out after. They could be a little bit angry in being assigned to Laval. But finally they arrived here with a examplary attitude. Those guys like them and us as a youngsters we see them how they're doing before the games, on the practices. It lets us know what it takes to go to the next level."

"It's the same Joel, honestly... It's a guy who's blank or black. Passionated, intense, respecting his players. The players at the beginning of the season thought sometimes it can be tough... At the end, with all the feedback you'll understand why. He's doing that for the good reasons. He wants all his players to perform. All the guys loved him."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad