Confirmed with Link: Alexander Romanov & Pick #98 Traded to NY Islanders for Pick #13 & Flip It + Pick #66 to Chicago for Kirby Dach

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Loving all these butterfly effect scenarios!
Who knows maybe MB is like Ashton Kutcher in The Butterfly Effect movie and can travel back creating multiple timelines and maybe in one of them we already won the cup? We are just unlucky to be in the wrong timeline. Who knows?

• Haha
Reactions: 417

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
What a statement (Im not being sarcastic or a dick lol)

Theres really no way of actually getting this going though. The amount of man games loss as a team did enough damage as it was. Romonov is a horse and would have played all year. And then the draft lottery happens. Id make the trade every time, even knowing what we know with what happened in the draft

I meant we trade Romanov but keep the pick. I think our main problem last year to not end lower was our goalies saving us for the first half of the year and Dach. I would have traded Allen as well that summer. I said as much last year.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I like Dach but the main reason why we finished higher than bottom 3 is Montembeault not being Montombeau.

2021-2022

Allen : 9-20-4 (.333 P%) 3.3 GAA .905 S%
Montombeau : 8-18-6 (.344 P%) 3.77 GAA .891 S%

2022-2023

Allen : 15-24-3 (.392 P%) 3.55 GAA .891 S%
Montembeault : 16-19-3 (.460 P%) 3.42 GAA .901 S%

Jake Allen pretty much has the same P% as the previous season. The difference comes from Montembeault who played for almost .500. Now Monteambeault stats don't really justify the difference in P% between both seasons but that's misleading. The eye test indicate that he did much better his stats are probably the result of a few (expected) blowouts here and there. He was solid in close games much better than Allen.

As much as i would like to blame KH for not trading Montembeault and replace him by a terrible goalie he's a local player and he's still young and we had pretty much awful goalie depth in our prospect pool before this draft. It's not like they made Montembeault the number 1 anyway he had less starts than Allen. I mean it is what it is. I'll never blame a GM for not trading a young player. I'll only blame a GM for not trading a soon to be depreciating asset or losing a player on the UFA market for nothing while not being a legit cup contender.

DinosaurBones

Sep 18, 2018
I meant we trade Romanov but keep the pick. I think our main problem last year to not end lower was our goalies saving us for the first half of the year and Dach. I would have traded Allen as well that summer. I said as much last year.
I just dont know why trade Romanov, and then not get Dach is what youres saying. I love the debate, cause obviously you have your opinion. But how does trading Romanov and NOT getting Dach make this better? Did you want someone else? Not named Bedard cause thats something you cant control nor trade for the year before with Romanov.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
"3rd rounds next?" Is that supposed to be an insult? Aren't you a fan of one of the worst teams in the league with no shot at even making the playoffs?
And you guys peaked 3 years ago lmao, and losing Matthews next year :laugh"
Also, didn't you guys lose a 7 game playoff series to that worst team ever?
That PGT after game 7 that night on your board still makes us all laugh to this day. Thank you for it

Run along now, you'll always be that team that tries to pretend to be as prestigious as your cooler bigger brother, us.
Kiss the Rings bitch. :D

• Haha
Reactions: HabzSauce

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Montreal thinks they won the trade but lost big time. If Dach was on the Hawks instead of Habs, Montreal would have finished at the bottom, potentially gotten Bedard. They chose the wrong year to tank. Could have had the franchise centre they've been looking for for decades but I guess Slafkovsky and Dach are good enough ......
So you’re basically saying that Dach is so good that just by himself he changed the habs season with his 58 games played.

If he’s that good what’s the problem then?

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
Extremely poor trolling attempt. Montreal finished 9 points ahead of Chicago, if the argument is that 58 games of D+3 Dach directly improved Montreal's standings position by 9 entire points then it doesn't matter if he cost us Bedard. 9 entire points in the standings is a gigantic difference for just one skater.

Reactions: SlafySZN

Twisted Sinister

Living in Your Head Rent Free
Oct 8, 2014
ah the good ol' green thread resurrect.

tumblr_lifp2hbUXh1qg566uo1_500.jpg

TopCheese

Mar 16, 2016
canada
So you’re basically saying that Dach is so good that just by himself he changed the habs season with his 58 games played.

If he’s that good what’s the problem then?
there was a 9 point difference between chicagoand montreal last
And you guys peaked 3 years ago lmao, and losing Matthews next year :laugh"
Also, didn't you guys lose a 7 game playoff series to that worst team ever?
That PGT after game 7 that night on your board still makes us all laugh to this day. Thank you for it

Run along now, you'll always be that team that tries to pretend to be as prestigious as your cooler bigger brother, us.
Kiss the Rings bitch. :D
How did the leafs peak 3 years ago when last year is the furthest this group has gone? Also Matthews just signed so good call there. Always funny to see Habs fans get angry trying to defend their dumpster fire of a team

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Maybe a reality where all of Edmundson, Gallagher, Byron, Weber and Price aren't battling career altering/ending injuries.

If senzu beans were a thing, we win the Cup.

And the avoidable one: Petry was playing with one hand because bell center protocol left it up to the camera person to ensure the glass was properly covered, smh.

I would have liked to have seen that series with just a healthy Petry - and Ducharme using Tatar, KK, and Romanov more against a speedy Lightning team.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Yeah I gotta say I'm surprised lol, you would think he wanted to get out of there by now
$$$$ talks. Matthews set the benchmark for using the bonus heavy contract structure for American players minimizing tax burden.

93% of present contract is paid via bonus, would be shocked if new contract wasn’t a similar construct.

Matthews simply cannot make that kind of take home playing for a US market unless they pay him max allowable & even that may not reach the same take home

At the end of the day, if $ were Matthews key requirement, CDN markets were his best option… by looks of it $$ were in fact his key requirement - as is his right BTW

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
there was a 9 point difference between chicagoand montreal last

How did the leafs peak 3 years ago when last year is the furthest this group has gone? Also Matthews just signed so good call there. Always funny to see Habs fans get angry trying to defend their dumpster fire of a team

He just signed a short term deal and left nothing on the table. Your gutless franchise player, who choked against our dumpster fire of a team with the easiest path you'll ever have to a finals, and continues to choke in every series he plays - just proved he only cares about maximizing his earnings.

• Haha
Reactions: Deebs and Redux91
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad