Confirmed with Link: Alexander Romanov & Pick #98 Traded to NY Islanders for Pick #13 & Flip It + Pick #66 to Chicago for Kirby Dach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
So far the trade looks like a win for all parties involved.

Montreal - Dach make big strides and gives the Habs a lot more offensive talent, guys like Guhle/Xhekaj/Harris all made the most of their opportunities with Romanov gone

NYI - Romanov is already a second pairing D who can eat minutes on the second pair as a 23 year old. His point totals almost doubled last year and his offense can continue to improve as he gains experience. Dobson/Pulock/Pelech/Romanov give them a solid top 4 for years.

Chicago - With Dach in their lineup last year, they would have at least picked up two additional points resulting in them finishing 4th and missing out on Bedard.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada

Montreal - Dach make big strides and gives the Habs a lot more offensive talent, guys like Guhle/Xhekaj/Harris all made the most of their opportunities with Romanov gone

NYI - Romanov is already a second pairing D who can eat minutes on the second pair as a 23 year old. His point totals almost doubled last year and his offense can continue to improve as he gains experience. Dobson/Pulock/Pelech/Romanov give them a solid top 4 for years.

Chicago - With Dach in their lineup last year, they would have at least picked up two additional points resulting in them finishing 4th and missing out on Bedard.
Yeah KH seems to like making trades good for all parties. It doesn't look like he tries to be fancy and fleece other GM for the fame.

Reactions: Leon Lucius Black

CAUFIELD

Oct 16, 2015
Yeah I still miss him, he was a lot of fun to watch and root for. Would never in a million years want to reverse the trade though.
I feel exactly the same ! Dach is a big need ; and I will miss the hits Romanov delivered .

I still remember the one on Pietrangelo in the playoffs 👌

Reactions: JoelWarlord

Darz

Sep 22, 2002
Where's the ANY key?
Visit site
This trade could be one of those rare win-win-win trades. I think both Montreal and the Islanders are happy with what they gave and received, and to date, I would imagine Chicago is also good with it

Reactions: Andy

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham

If we don't do the trade, we might get Bedard

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
This trade could be one of those rare win-win-win trades. I think both Montreal and the Islanders are happy with what they gave and received, and to date, I would imagine Chicago is also good with it
The Hawks got God himself they don't care anymore about what happened before.

DinosaurBones

Sep 18, 2018
If we don't do the trade, we might get Bedard
What a statement (Im not being sarcastic or a dick lol)

Theres really no way of actually getting this going though. The amount of man games loss as a team did enough damage as it was. Romonov is a horse and would have played all year. And then the draft lottery happens. Id make the trade every time, even knowing what we know with what happened in the draft

TopCheese

Mar 16, 2016
canada
Montreal thinks they won the trade but lost big time. If Dach was on the Hawks instead of Habs, Montreal would have finished at the bottom, potentially gotten Bedard. They chose the wrong year to tank. Could have had the franchise centre they've been looking for for decades but I guess Slafkovsky and Dach are good enough ......

• Haha
Reactions: rve24

DinosaurBones

Sep 18, 2018
Montreal thinks they won the trade but lost big time. If Dach was on the Hawks instead of Habs, Montreal would have finished at the bottom, potentially gotten Bedard. They chose the wrong year to tank. Could have had the franchise centre they've been looking for for decades but I guess Slafkovsky and Dach are good enough ......
With Romy instead of Dach we still were not as bad as those bottom teams. Especially if you take away the amount of injuries. But ill let you troll if you like it. Also lotteries involved. Not many Habs fans, if any are made at having Dach.

3rd round's next xo

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
If the Hawks dont trade Dach to the Habs they trade him to another team, so your troll attempt doesnt hold up.

Aug 25, 2009
éal
Canadiens got 5 more win than the Hawks last year. You can't say things like this with certainty.

I do agree Dach + Slafkovsky is not good enough, but maybe we dont do the trade, and still end up drafting 6th.

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
I believe Montreal gave up too much for Dach. Trading Romanov was a must because the Habs were cap stricken and had too many prospects in the pipeline. As for Dach, this year will be the ultimate test, can he repeat?

TopCheese

Mar 16, 2016
canada
With Romy instead of Dach we still were not as bad as those bottom teams. Especially if you take away the amount of injuries. But ill let you troll if you like it. Also lotteries involved. Not many Habs fans, if any are made at having Dach.

3rd round's next xo
"3rd rounds next?" Is that supposed to be an insult? Aren't you a fan of one of the worst teams in the league with no shot at even making the playoffs?

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
Yeah KH seems to like making trades good for all parties. It doesn't look like he tries to be fancy and fleece other GM for the fame.
I believe all GMs are looking to forge a spirit of collaboration between them. That's why offer sheets are quite uncommon in the NHL. You have those rare ones who try something bold and their reputation takes a hit.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

Or they could have finished in a spot that didn't win Bedard and only have Will Smith to show for it.

It's a pathetic troll job. You can't force a team to win the draft lottery by the moves you do or don't make.

Reactions: Kudo Shinichi

akratique

Aug 17, 2008
HFBoard fallacy no. 1

1. If a team trades all their good young players, then they would be able to pick a very good young player.
2. Repeat step 1 when another good young player can be drafted.
3. Win all the drafts!

DinosaurBones

Sep 18, 2018
"3rd rounds next?" Is that supposed to be an insult? Aren't you a fan of one of the worst teams in the league with no shot at even making the playoffs?
No im on your side. Lets do it. 3rd round. You came here to make me mad, dont let me flip it that easy you goose.

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
That's not how logic works. Even if we finished where Chicago finished doesn't mean we would have won the lottery. Everything would have been different. From the assigned lottery numbers to anything really.

That's just as dumb as saying if I bought bitcoins in 2012 I'd be a multi millionaire.

You don't avoid trading for a player you think can be a great player simply to increase your odds by a few percentage points. I would never let you in charge of anything that involves risk assessment, that's for sure.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Wrong as there was no chance - absolutely none - that Habs would win the lottery. Very good chance it was fixed. Ducks Blue Jackets and Sharks were never going to get Bedard. Chicago knew they were in if they were bottom 5.

• Haha
Reactions: TopCheese

DinosaurBones

Sep 18, 2018
Wrong as there was no chance - absolutely none - that Habs would win the lottery. Very good chance it was fixed. Ducks Blue Jackets and Sharks were never going to get Bedard. Chicago knew they were in if they were bottom 5.
Stop with the fixed talk. I dont even wanna argue why. Its such a played and lazy thing to say. Chicago won the lottery. Move on, your head is just gonna create a negative league to watch for yourself. It honestly sounds miserable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad