Confirmed with Link: Alexander Romanov & Pick #98 Traded to NY Islanders for Pick #13 & Flip It + Pick #66 to Chicago for Kirby Dach

Status
Not open for further replies.

glxss

Mar 4, 2013
Romanov stinks guys, I doubt he's in the NHL in five years. He lacks an identity in his game. The more minutes he's given, the worse he gets. He peaked in 2021 with Julien. Sold the absolute top of his value.

I think i'd prefer Dach over 13th but it's close.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Just traded our only top 4 dman for next season for another 3rd line center

What a f***ing joke
I guess they like Guhle, Harris, Xhekaj, Strubble, Norlinder, and Fairbrother on the left side?

Man without Romanov all of a sudden we don't look as deep...

Hughes lost me at this draft. I have no idea where some of these moves are coming from.

He likes size and skating... Hopefully also hockey sense and high offensive IQ. I really hope we don't have a second consecutive GM that doesn't adequately value offensive IQ.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Just traded our only top 4 dman for next season for another 3rd line center

What a f***ing joke
1) Who cares about the D being worse next year. Edmundson is still here btw.

2) Who are you BSing with your 3rd line C comment? Don't pretend you're an expert on Dach.

I'm very on the fence on this deal. Dach was trending upward before this season and his injuries. Chicago was also a total gongshow this year. He's never had a solid coach for his development.

I am sad about Romanov leaving since I liked his progression this year BUT I don't see him as more than a #3D. We got fair value for him since I value a potential 2C over a #3D. We also have Guhle who might make us forget about Romanov soon. Let's not overlook the Russian factor too.

Hughes talked about different ways to accelerate the rebuild. Passing up on Wright was tough for me to accept but this deal gets us a C prospect much ahead in development.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->