Prospect Info: Alexander Romanov - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Daniel Milstein (Agent): Pour l’heure, Romanov n’ira pas jouer en Europe
«Le but, c’était de pouvoir faire voyager Alexander au Québec au mois d’octobre, mais ce plan a été Pejorative Sluré en raison du présent confinement au Québec... Alors on doit attendre la fin du confinement, après le 28 octobre, et on croise les doigts.»
«Alexander est à Moscou, où il a accès à de l’équipement de premier plan pour sa préparation physique... Il patine régulièrement avec d’autres joueurs russes de la LNH qui sont eux aussi là-bas et il se prépare pour la prochaine saison.»
«J’imagine que si les choses se corsent dans la LNH et que le début de la saison est encore repoussé, alors là, Alexander pourrait penser à d’autres options. Mais en attendant, il veut jouer pour le Canadien... Si la saison commence le 1er janvier, les camps ouvriraient autour du 10 décembre et ça voudrait dire une quarantaine à partir du 25 novembre, environ.»

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
les camps ouvriraient autour du 10 décembre et ça voudrait dire une quarantaine à partir du 25 novembre, environ

Really, so the bubble concept again? Isn't that the only reason why they would go into quarantine on 25 November? I thought players hated the bubble...?

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Really, so the bubble concept again? Isn't that the only reason why they would go into quarantine on 25 November? I thought players hated the bubble...?
I don't think there's any other way of going forward with any sort of a season at this point. With guys not being able to travel from Canada to the US and vice versa, different restrictions depending on the places, etc. It's going to be a short, 100% bubble season or nothing at all I'd guess.

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
I don't think there's any other way of going forward with any sort of a season at this point. With guys not being able to travel from Canada to the US and vice versa, different restrictions depending on the places, etc. It's going to be a short, 100% bubble season or nothing at all I'd guess.

Romanov won't be able to hear the Montreal crowd roar to his open ice hits for another full year at least, then. :(

I agree though, it's the only way - saying that, it's super hard on families. Maybe a guy like Toffoli, who declared himself a "warm weather guy", chose Montreal for family reasons (wife). Anderson is from Ontario, not a bad deal to be on this side of the border. Jake Allen and Joel Edmundson are also Canadians.

I'm looking forward to seeing Weber, Chiarot, Edmundson and Romanov clear Price's net in tight battles. And tight battles, there will be.

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell

I was on vacation early in July, I just watched these July 2020 highlights.

I remembered his arm/wrist being injured in the very last game of the WJC where they lost in the finals.

No apparent lingering injury, not even close. Always heads up with the puck, does not bobble it and can stickhandle better than most of our D.

:hyper:

Habaholic25

Oct 22, 2020
Romanov won't be able to hear the Montreal crowd roar to his open ice hits for another full year at least, then. :(

I agree though, it's the only way - saying that, it's super hard on families. Maybe a guy like Toffoli, who declared himself a "warm weather guy", chose Montreal for family reasons (wife). Anderson is from Ontario, not a bad deal to be on this side of the border. Jake Allen and Joel Edmundson are also Canadians.

I'm looking forward to seeing Weber, Chiarot, Edmundson and Romanov clear Price's net in tight battles. And tight battles, there will be.

Our D will be a nightmare to play against. Hopefully we stay out of the box and play a smart physical game

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
#Julien-PressConference(20/10/22):Romanov
“He still has to make the team... But the reason we're anticipating and predicting that he'll make the team is that he was dominant in those two World Junior Championships. Also, he's played professionally in the KHL for two years; he's a guy who has quite a bit of experience.”
“He has the size to play in the NHL, he has all the assets... I'm going to be honest with you, I'd be surprised if he didn't start the season with us, given everything we've seen of him so far.”
“Listen, we had the chance to see him during the playoffs with the group of players he was practicing with, you could see he's a strong guy, he's ready and he has experience with players of that caliber. It's part of our job to anticipate and evaluate a player, but for the moment, I'd say it's more likely than not that we see him with our team.”

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
#Julien-PressConference(20/10/22):Romanov
“You kind of have to see where he’s going to be in training camp, how he’s going to handle those preseason games and how he’s going to do that way. I think that’s where you’ll have an idea of how much you want to help him out or shelter him a little bit or how much you want to let him loose. It could be the other way around, because I think everybody’s different. And this is where as a coach you’ve to be ready to adapt.”
“This guy could come in at training camp and then just kind of wow us all and say: well, there’s no intimidation in his eyes at all. He’s just ready to go and he’s doing well so you continue to utilize him to help him get better in a way that’s going to help him get some experience and get better as a player. Or he may be at one point a little reckless and say: OK, I got to shelter him a little bit, I got to work with him a little bit closer and just kind of slow it down over here a little bit.”
“And I think that’s something that we’ve to do with every young player that comes in. As you’ve seen in the past, some guys just explode and some guys it takes them a little longer. So if you ask me right now, he looks like a pretty confident individual from what I know of him and I anticipate he’ll come in with a lot of confidence.”
“He spent the last two years playing pro hockey in Russia in the KHL, so it’s not like he’s not used to playing with this kind of calibre...”

dralaf

Aug 9, 2006
Victo
Romanov.gif

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
I was on vacation early in July, I just watched these July 2020 highlights.

I remembered his arm/wrist being injured in the very last game of the WJC where they lost in the finals.

No apparent lingering injury, not even close. Always heads up with the puck, does not bobble it and can stickhandle better than most of our D.

:hyper:
His stickhandling and smart puck-moving in transition is what always made me cringe at the Emelin comparisons. Besides, Romanov's hits are more about technique and timing than force like Emelin's were.

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
Think about that...Romanov was named the best Defenseman at the World Junior at 18 years old.....not 19...

Emelin was not even close to be the best junior at 18.

Actualy I will try to find out if there is a lot of D who won this at only 18 years old

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
Hey guys...look what I got.

This is the list of all the players who won the best defenseman at the World Junior since 2005.

2005- Dion Phaneuf
06- Marc Staal
07- Erik Johnson
08- Drew Doughty
09- Erik Karlsson

2010- Alex Pietrangelo
11- Ryan Ellis
12- Brandon Gormley
13- Jacob Trouba
14- Risto Ristolainen
15- Gavrikov
16- Zack Werenski
17- Thomas Chabot
18- Rasmus Dahlin

19- Alexander Romanov

20- Rasmus Sandin (Leafs) Romanov was the runner up.

As you can see...not a bunch of no name.
With the exception of Gormley and Gavrikov...all those guys has a very good career in the NHL.

Also, on all those 16 players.....only 5 of them had only 18 years old at the moment of the tournament..

Romanov is one of those 5

Dahlin was the youngest at 17...

This year at 19 years old..it was really a toss up between Romanov and Sandin. I watched all their games and it was a flip coin.

We have a hell of a player with us who has all the qualities to have a good career:

Grit, Speed, Mobility, vision, gap, intensity, charisma.

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
Think about that...Romanov was named the best Defenseman at the World Junior at 18 years old.....not 19...

Emelin was not even close to be the best junior at 18.

Actualy I will try to find out if there is a lot of D who won this at only 18 years old
I mean, comparisons are meant to be stylistic, I don't think that was ever meant as a slight against Romanov.

But Emelin just isn't a good stylistic comparison.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

This is the list of all the players who won the best defenseman at the World Junior since 2005.

2005- Dion Phaneuf
06- Marc Staal
07- Erik Johnson
08- Drew Doughty
09- Erik Karlsson

2010- Alex Pietrangelo
11- Ryan Ellis
12- Brandon Gormley
13- Jacob Trouba
14- Risto Ristolainen
15- Gavrikov
16- Zack Werenski
17- Thomas Chabot
18- Rasmus Dahlin

19- Alexander Romanov

With the exception of Gormley and Gavrikov...all those guys has a very good career in the NHL.

Also, on all those 16 players.....only 5 of them had only 18 years old at the moment of the tournament..

This year at 19 years old..it was really a toss up between Romanov and Sandin. I watched all their games and it was a flip coin.

We have a hell of a player with us who has all the qualities to have a good career:

Gavrikov played 24 minutes a night for Columbus this past post sesaon. He may be a good one.

I had never heard of him. Looked him up. He was drafted in the 6th round in 2015 - after having just won defenseman of the tournament! Crazy.

Reactions: jaffy27

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017

2005- Dion Phaneuf
06- Marc Staal
07- Erik Johnson
08- Drew Doughty
09- Erik Karlsson

2010- Alex Pietrangelo
11- Ryan Ellis
12- Brandon Gormley
13- Jacob Trouba
14- Risto Ristolainen
15- Gavrikov
16- Zack Werenski
17- Thomas Chabot
18- Rasmus Dahlin

19- Alexander Romanov

Gavrikov is an NHL d man. He had his first season last year after taking the Emelin route in the KHL

Reactions: jaffy27
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad