Player Discussion Alexander Radulov

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
If he's so good why was he only 15th overall?

ETA: I see, he got the 152 points in 62 games at a much older age.

while this whole "Q league stats = NHL production" thing is being blown out of proportion, i DO invite you to check the others respective 19 year old seasons.. granted most of them made the NHL, and for Radulov, even in 2006 there was "the russian factor"

is Radulov a better offensive player than someone like marchand? id have to argue yes.

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
dude really?

his best NHL season was just over 50 points, you think he is going to come back to NHL hockey and do that again in his first year?.....your dreaming, how many players have EVER come from the KHL and got 50+ points in their first season?

your expecting him to hit a career high in points (NHL) after years away from it? :facepalm:

Panarin ?

And Radulov has outproduced him every year in the KHL.

You are selling him waaaayyy too low and you'r gonna eat some crow.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
I have to say, i thought these numbers were WAYYY off, but...no...you did your research lol...those are actually all their Q league career highs lol, good find

thought mackinnon had some 100 point seasons for sure....
Points don't tell the whole story and those are great examples.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
while this whole "Q league stats = NHL production" thing is being blown out of proportion, i DO invite you to check the others respective 19 year old seasons.. granted most of them made the NHL, and for Radulov, even in 2006 there was "the russian factor"

is Radulov a better offensive player than someone like marchand? id have to argue yes.

Radulov is one of the most talented players in the world. Period.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Let's not go overboard here. He is very talented for sure but guys like McDavid , Crosby , Kane , Ovy and a few others are better than him i'd say

We still got one helluva player though :)
Overboard you say?? That's the specialty around here lol

ijuka

May 14, 2016
congrats.....so ONE player out of how many? :laugh:
..So how many comparables do you think there are?

Guess who has the highest PPG in the history of KHL?

KHL scoring during 2014-2015:

Artemi Panarin: 54 gp, 26+36=62

Alexander Radulov: 46 gp, 24+47=71

Get it?

Astormynight

Apr 19, 2015
oh boy here we go....he is better then Gretzky, Ovie, and Crosby before playing a single regular season game for us :facepalm:

Well that's absolutely not what he said...

Talent is not everything... Daigle was insanely talented and did not do much in the NHL same as a lot of other players...

He obviously meant players that are actually playing.. Gretzky is not one of them

He also said one of the most talented player.. not the most talented player... wich it means that yeah Ovechkin, Crosby, Price, and at least 10 or 15 others players can be more talented...

But we get it...

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
oh boy here we go....he is better then Gretzky, Ovie, and Crosby before playing a single regular season game for us :facepalm:

Sochi 2014 :

In 5 games played:
Anisimov 0 pts -1
Semin 1 pts +2
Ovechkin 2 pts +2
Malkin 3 pts +2
Kovalchuk 3 pts +3
Radulov 6 pts +4 !

Habs4ev*

Dec 18, 2015
Sochi 2014 :

In 5 games played:
Anisimov 0 pts -1
Semin 1 pts +2
Ovechkin 2 pts +2
Malkin 3 pts +2
Kovalchuk 3 pts +3
Radulov 6 pts +4 !

and that really makes him better then all those players?......LOL!

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
and that really makes him better then all those players?......LOL!

That doesn't mean anything. Weber didn't score a goal in the WC so far so you think he's gonna have 0 goal this year ?

Just stop dude. I'm starting to think that you are intentionally trolling

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Why exactly isn't this an indication of his level?
Because at this years world cup for example, Ivan Telegin had the same amount of points as Ovechkin and Malkin and more points than Tarasenko, Kuznetsov... Are we supposed to assume this indicates he's at the same level as those players?

Habs4ev*

Dec 18, 2015
Because at this years world cup for example, Ivan Telegin had the same amount of points as Ovechkin and Malkin and more points than Tarasenko, Kuznetsov... Are we supposed to assume this indicates he's at the same level as those players?

excellent point

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
I think the poster is going a bit overboard on his talent assesment of Rads, but you can't deny he has talent and would be up in the upper echelon of NHL players. Top 10/Top 20 there can be a debate. He was magic on Tuesday. I know the competition wasn't there, but you could see his talent on display. He controlled the PP in a way we haven't seen in a long time.

Talent isn't everything. A guy like Galley probably isn't as "talented" as Yakupov, but one is on his way to be being a bust and the other is a 20-25+ goal scorer that is the heart and soul his team. So Rads will need to work hard to go along with his talent. For now everything he is saying and doing is showing to me that he is going to put the effort in.

I am becoming a believer that he can get 30 goals this year.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
because 5 games does not indicate a players level of play

Kovalchuk , do you know this bum?

The guy who had two 50+ goals seasons , three 40+ goals seasons and four 30+ goals seasons in the NHL .

Five 80+ points seasons. And who finished his NHL career with 861 PTS in 861 games played ?

His last stints in the NHL were 83 PTS in 77 GP and 31 PTS in 37 GP with the terrible trap based New Jersey Devils!

Well when he went back to Russia :

Kovalchuk 12/13 got 42 PTS in 36 GP
Radulov 12/13 got 68 PTS in 48 GP

Kovalchuk 13/14 got 40 PTS in 45 GP
Radulov 13/14 got 34 PTS in 34 GP

Kovalchuk 14/15 got 55 PTS in 54 GP
Radulov 14/15 got 71 PTS in 46 GP!!!

Kovalchuk 15/16 got 49 PTS in 50 GP
Radulov 15/16 got 65 PTS in 53 GP

If you still don't see what type of player we got here , I really can't help you.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Kovalchuk , do you know this bum?

The guy who had two 50+ goals seasons , three 40+ goals seasons and four 30+ goals seasons in the NHL .

Five 80+ points seasons. And who finished his NHL career with 861 PTS in 861 games played ?

His last stints in the NHL were 83 PTS in 77 GP and 31 PTS in 37 GP with the terrible trap based New Jersey Devils!

Well when he went back to Russia :

Kovalchuk 12/13 got 42 PTS in 36 GP
Radulov 12/13 got 68 PTS in 48 GP

Kovalchuk 13/14 got 40 PTS in 45 GP
Radulov 13/14 got 34 PTS in 34 GP

Kovalchuk 14/15 got 55 PTS in 54 GP
Radulov 14/15 got 71 PTS in 46 GP!!!

Kovalchuk 15/16 got 49 PTS in 50 GP
Radulov 15/16 got 65 PTS in 53 GP

If you still don't see what type of player we got here , I really can't help you.
I get you like him, but that doesn't mean much right now. The difference is Kovalchuk was a proven NHL star, with a proven NHL track record. He competed at the NHL level and was a star at this level. Sergei Mozyakin outscored both Radulov and Kovalchuck for those seasons you mentioned, am I to assume Sergei Mozyakin would be at the same level as Kovalchuk if he'd play in the NHL. He still has to prove he could it at NHL level in his 30's after being gone for some years. Call me crazy but I prefer being cautious than expecting him to be at Kovalchuk level.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
I get you like him, but that doesn't mean much right now. The difference is Kovalchuk was a proven NHL star, with a proven NHL track record. He competed at the NHL level and was a star at this level. Sergei Mozyakin outscored both Radulov and Kovalchuck for those seasons you mentioned, am I to assume Sergei Mozyakin would be at the same level as Kovalchuk if he'd play in the NHL. He still has to prove he could it at NHL level in his 30's after being gone for some years. Call me crazy but I prefer being cautious than expecting him to be at Kovalchuk level.

Actually Mozyakin is at 1.21 PPG while Radulov is at 1.26.

And this is a bad comparison , Radulov already proved he can be a good player here.

58 PTS as a 21 year old is excellent production .Mozyakin never played in the NHL.

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
yeah me too, but ... reading this thread I think we all need to pump the brakes on Radulov a little bit :laugh:

Right, brakes for reality. But I do think lots of people are undervaluing Radulov's skills and while the doubters bring valid points, it's not at all unrealistic to expect Radulov to be around PPG pace for the season.

Non Player Canadiens

Jan 25, 2012
Maplewood, NJ
Right, brakes for reality. But I do think lots of people are undervaluing Radulov's skills and while the doubters bring valid points, it's not at all unrealistic to expect Radulov to be around PPG pace for the season.
hey man I loved what I saw of Rads in his first game on Tuesday. let's see if he can do it a) during the regular season and b) consistently, yeah? :cheers:

i want to get excited too, but if life has taught me anything, it's that getting excited like that too often leads to disappointment :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad