Player Discussion Alexander Radulov

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
I feel like Radulov is a little bit underrated around the league, because of the small drama stories surrounding him. He is a true elite player, I would easily place him in the top30 forwards in this league. Hes more talented offensively than Galchenyuk and Pac at this point of his career imo. Dominating the KHL year in and year out isn't an easy thing to do, just take a look at Jagr and Kovalchuk stats when they went into the KHL. I expect him to have a bigger impact with the Habs than Panarin had with the Hawks. I predict in the low 70 points if he plays a full season.

Last edited:

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
I feel like Radulov is a little bit underrated our the league, because of the small drama stories surrounding him. He is a true elite player, I would easily place him in the top30 forwards in this league. Hes more talented offensively than Galchenyuk and Pacc at this point of his career imo. Dominating the KHL year in and year out isn't an easy thing to do, just take a look at Jagr and Kovalchuk stats when they went into the KHL. I expect him to have a bigger impact with the Habs than Panarin had with the Hawks. I predict 70 to 80 points if he plays a full season.

He'll have to buy into the Therrien system though, that's a very sad reality. His offensive skills with definitely be limited, we won't see all of it.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
He'll have to buy into the Therrien system though, that's a very sad reality. His offensive skills with definitely be limited, we won't see all of it.

he played under Barry Trots...highly d first system in Nashville at the time..
He produced....

He'll do just fine....and remember Kirk Muller is here as associate coach, and he'll get more input power than just a normal asst coach.....or just running the PP

Last edited:

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
I feel like Radulov is a little bit underrated around the league, because of the small drama stories surrounding him. He is a true elite player, I would easily place him in the top30 forwards in this league. Hes more talented offensively than Galchenyuk and Pacc at this point of his career imo. Dominating the KHL year in and year out isn't an easy thing to do, just take a look at Jagr and Kovalchuk stats when they went into the KHL. I expect him to have a bigger impact with the Habs than Panarin had with the Hawks. I predict in the low 70 points if he plays a full season.

I don't know. He hasn't been here for so long, until he gets a month or two of game action under his belt, I don't mind that other team's fans are talking him down. We know he's talented, we know he's put up points everywhere but the NHL, so until he does that here, he's a question mark.

I'm expecting, if he's playing with Chucky and Patches, to put up around 60 points. I'd consider that a successful year. Anything above that is just gravy.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
My prediction is he doesn't finish the season, maybe doesn't even make Christmas

MB getting another square peg for MT to try and jam it into a round hole. We've had skilled players, they're not allowed to be skilled players on this team and just like Kassian the media circus in Montreal will be looking at his every move, one slip up and he will be fed to the wolves

It's a low risk high reward move but only if you let him play his game and give him some chances to make mistakes on/off the ice. Subban was not allowed to do that, I'll be shocked if Rads is but we'll see - really hoping I'm wrong

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
I don't know. He hasn't been here for so long, until he gets a month or two of game action under his belt, I don't mind that other team's fans are talking him down. We know he's talented, we know he's put up points everywhere but the NHL, so until he does that here, he's a question mark.

I'm expecting, if he's playing with Chucky and Patches, to put up around 60 points. I'd consider that a successful year. Anything above that is just gravy.

154-47-55-102 is not negligible for (mostly) a young player coming into the NHL.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Semin, Briere and PAP didn't work because they plain sucked. Only PAP had a decent season after and that was by being the only player on the Leafs. Radulov is much too talented to fail.

MeanMugging91

Jan 6, 2016
This guy is intense. He hates to lose. If he has his priorities straight I think this will turn out well for him. Once he feels the bell center energie he will be hooked!

SpeedyPotato

Mar 29, 2012

I honestly think that unless it's because of an attitude problem, if the Radulov experiment seems to falter like the other ones, it will be the coach getting canned this time. This is by far the best gamble MB has taken and all reports indicate this guy has matured and he's always been a competitor, so if MT can't make this work, I think management will let him go.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Is he still overweight, old and uninterested? I'd pass

He's like 2 years and change older than Ovechkin...

I don't think you realize how good this guy is. He's not overweight, he's a tank.

The guy played with an injured back in the playoffs and carried NJD to the finals.

He's 33 now unfortunately but man, in his prime I would've traded Galchenyuk++ and laughed.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Well, if he doesn't, he won't be alone -- Therrien wasn't able to rally anyone after late November last year. Most of the players who went on prolonged stealth mode then, are still with the team. Therrien already got the heads of Eller and Subban this off season -- is he such a Teflon Dung that he'd survive a Radulov incident, esp. if the team is on a significant skid?

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
Easily the most skilled UFA signing in the NHL in recent years. He has the potential to be a more or less a PPG player, and will easily get more than 60 points. He plays with an edge and leaves it all on the ice. This does lead to several minor penalties (similar to PK) and hopefully Therrien can keep a cool head with that regard. This isn't a guy you want to bench. He's hotheaded and I doubt he'll hesitate to bolt if he doesn't feel wanted or utilized.

It didn't work out between Michel and Semin, but Semin did get to play over 10 games with Galchenyuk. Give Radulov 10 games with Galch and he'll easily put numbers on the board. Semin and Radulov are nowhere near eachother... Rad is near elite.

I love the fact that he left money and term on the table to sign with Montreal. He seems like a guy that will fall in love with the city and resign here if he has a great season.

On a side note, I wonder how Max will react to Radulov's goal celebrations and enthusiasm? I mean he told PK to tone it down, he told Galchenyuk to "celebrate like you've been there before". I doubt Radulov will be as docile as the other two when Max tells him to reel it in :laugh:

Devourers

Sep 20, 2013
Montreal
A definite bright spot to this deflating off-season. I think he'll have a Kovalev type impact while being a much better two-way player who isn't going to slack like Kovalev used to at times. Only regret here is that MB didn't have enough faith to give him 2 years+, I think 1 year he'll more than prove himself and we risk losing him.

smcgreg

Jul 18, 2013
None of your business

I may be crazy to think this, but maybe not. I'm as big an MT hater as the next guy, but with Rad in the lineup and Chucky hopefully cemented as a top 6 center, we might be surprised. I just can't forget the first 20 games of last season when the system totally caught me off guard. It looked like a different team and that was without an elite talent like Rad and a better middle six winger in Shaw. I'm still stinging over the PK trade, but if MT lets the forwards play the way they can, it could be fun to watch and the results should be rewarding.

Unfortunately, when the puck comes back toward MTL's zone, the blue line is going to be exposed. There should be more positive puck pressure on the net with both Gally and Shaw crashing the net off of Weber's point shots, but Weber and Markov are going to be sooo slow,... So, I can see MT wanting a more conservative offense, because of a less mobile D line. So, it's a 50/50 proposition in my book. Only time will tell, but I'm cautiously optimistic. Radulov really changes the dynamic more than pretty much any other potential acquisition other than maybe Stamkos, but even then, it would be close.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
154-47-55-102 is not negligible for (mostly) a young player coming into the NHL.

His last stint in NHL 2012

7 points in 9 games
6 points in 8 playoff games..

He could very well could be fighting for a spot in the top 5 in scoring this year in the NHL .

I'm so excited we got him...He is goona be like a man on fire in Montreal...IMHO...
Bell Centre will be chanting his name...

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004

I think our forwards will be expected to carry the puck in the zone a lot more this season. More talent up front, and a lot less puck moving talent on the back end with Weber over Subban. I'm sure Radulov will get plenty of opportunities to handle the puck and carry the puck in.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Only downside is, if Radulov and Gally27 go nuts this year on a line, Gally27 is goona cost us big time $$$$.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad